Sliding Window Locks

I am looking for locks for sliding windows in Thailand. Below are some links for pics of similar of what I want. Global and Home Pro don't have.

The advantage of these is that, when installed you can not lift the window out of the frame when it is locked, and if if you break the glass, it is still keyed locked, so you have to break the glass enough for a person to get through. Ok, It still needs other security, but these are cheap, easy to install and effective, as you can easily leave the window open 10cm while locked into position for more air flow.

Example 1: http://www.24hourloc...coPatioBolt.jpg

Example 2: http://www.24hourloc...SlidingVent.jpg

Edited by haveaniceday

You may be able to have a few made by a local welder as these types are quite basic.

Another option if your interested would be drop a 1" wood dowel in the track of the closed sliding window.

If you want to leave the window partially open just shorten the dowel. Works well for sliding glass doors or windows.

But if you want a basic screw type just get a couple of these made.

post-51988-0-99426600-1321932895_thumb.j

Edited by flying

The less you lock up, the less damage you will suffer if a real burglar wants in. I have Thai friends who have had: (1) window glass completely smashed out and bars ripped out; (2) block walls smashed in with a sledge hammer with hole big enough to step through easily; (3) steel door and grill cut out with some kind of a power saw; and (4) roof tiles smashed out and ceiling kicked out for entry from above.

The more secure you make the place, the more damage you will sustain if somebody wants in bad enough. Try a burglar alarm. the are not so common here and the noise might scare a burglar away.

The less you lock up, the less damage you will suffer if a real burglar wants in. I have Thai friends who have had: (1) window glass completely smashed out and bars ripped out; (2) block walls smashed in with a sledge hammer with hole big enough to step through easily; (3) steel door and grill cut out with some kind of a power saw; and (4) roof tiles smashed out and ceiling kicked out for entry from above.

The more secure you make the place, the more damage you will sustain if somebody wants in bad enough. Try a burglar alarm. the are not so common here and the noise might scare a burglar away.

Correct - 2 things burglars hate are noise and light - so sirens and floodlights should anyone try to get in