Cheapest Beer In Bangkok

Hooters

British Club happy hour in the Churchill Bar - 30 baht for half a pint of Tiger

...why would I want half a pint?

So you don't strain your puny arm muscles

clap2.gif

Are you challenging to a fight to the death?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dollhouse gogo on Soi Cowboy, 70b happy hour from 7-9:30 with completely naked girls dancing on your (and every) table.

That is filthy and dirty and evil and....on Soi Cowboy, you say?!licklips.gif

Just came back from dollhouse soi cowboy

ladies and gentlemen.. okay just gentlemen we have the winner in all categories needed to produce the perfect cheap beer bar

Now can mods shut down this thread before every farang and his dog end up there licklips.gif

Cheap warm beer to instant cold beer=

Take warm beer home.

Put on good rubber glove.

Hold beer (with gloved hand) infront of propane tank valve.

NO SMOKING PLEASE!

Crack open propane valve for one second, till beer container is "iced"

Drink cold beer...you can smoke now too!

• 10 months later...

Suk Soi 22, the bar on the left hand corner when entering Washington Square, had happy hour all day 65 Baht when I was there last time.......... biggrin.gif

post-24958-0-06982200-1322180605_thumb.j

Denny Corner Bar.....didnt use it for about 5 years but tried it again on last visit and agree not a bad little gin joint with good price.

Back in town around Son K so will check out again.

New Cowboy (Cowboys last bar in Bk) Bar just up the road used to be good but cant ever seem to make it anymore...again next time.

Is it all about finding the cheapest beer ? surely the atmosphere of the bar and the quality of the beer is more important than saving a few baht. I would rather spend up to 300 thb on a pint of draught Kilkenny than a bottle of the local pss

60 bht to 300bht is more than just a few bht as you say. I have never had a USA $9 beer anywhere in the world except Thailand where you can chug on a Guiness in a fake irish pub for 300++bht :rolleyes:

expensive upmarket is always easy to find hence no one ever asks where is the most expensive beer biggrin.gif

You've obviously never been to Kuala Lumpur then,where it's USD $15 a beer!

Surprisingly, BeerVault at the Four Points by Sheraton hotel on Sukhumvit soi 15 is really cheap.

2-for-1 on all local and some imported beers during happy hour, which I think is 5.30 to 8.30, works out at 60 baht a bottle for Singha etc, and about 80/90 for imports. And they throw in a free (small!) buffet, nuts and snacks etc. Great value.

Sort of like a 5-star Cheap Charlie's then?

Is it all about finding the cheapest beer ? surely the atmosphere of the bar and the quality of the beer is more important than saving a few baht. I would rather spend up to 300 thb on a pint of draught Kilkenny than a bottle of the local pss

60 bht to 300bht is more than just a few bht as you say. I have never had a USA $9 beer anywhere in the world except Thailand where you can chug on a Guiness in a fake irish pub for 300++bht rolleyes.gif

expensive upmarket is always easy to find hence no one ever asks where is the most expensive beer biggrin.gif

You've obviously never been to Kuala Lumpur then,where it's USD $15 a beer!

You'll need to tell me where. The most expensive I've been able to find is about USD $12 for exotic imported European beers, and the cheapest, about US$5.50 for a pint for locally brewed Guinness or Tiger. To be honest, if I was really worried about the cost, I'd almost be tempted to think about cutting down...

Singapore is slightly more expensive, and Dubai about the same, if you're determined to find expensive beer.

SC

Suk Soi 22, the bar on the left hand corner when entering Washington Square, had happy hour all day 65 Baht when I was there last time.......... biggrin.gif

Is anyone going to tell him about Washington Sq tongue.png

To be fair, he did post before it was shut down, have a look at the time stamp. tongue.png

To be fair, he did post before it was shut down, have a look at the time stamp. tongue.png

Duly noted:

Got visions of him and Rinrada turning up at this rubble strewn lot and thinking - really, not one of you barstools could have mentioned this!!

Edited by 2unique

There's a place called 'Cheap Charlies' on soi 11, the small bar and seating are outside and are made of treetrunks and branches, they have 60-70B bears all night, not just at happy hour.. no drafts, only bottles, and it's usually full because of the cheap prices.

Duly noted:

Got visions of him and Rinrada turning up at this rubble strewn lot and thinking - really, not one of you barstools could have mentioned this!!

Appreciate the info....

I knew that most of the Sq was being gutted but understood that the Denny was not part of the "deal" or in the firing line.

Had a wander round on last visit (about 6 months ago) and certainly the Tx Lone Starr,Silver $,Happy Bar,Cheers ,Prince of (balls)Wales,Bourbon St etc were all frazzled although...think "Taffys Hairy Pie Club" was still standing but empty...however ..c"est la vie.

The Dub as we all know is over beside and between the Dogs Bols- aka Royal Oak and the Robin Bs ..however back in town later this week so will have a shufti.....

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made it down to the Square and would confirm that the Denny Corner is still very much still open for business and last night it was packed ... at 60 Bt a beer...why not....had a couple ...natural..ment

Also the gin joint opposite "Sidewalk" was doing well but Taffys Hairy pie and the Easy bar (last of the few) seemed rather quiet.

Noticed the the Happy bar is now on the main drag...maybe next time??...time stands still...

• 6 months later...

Yes.

Most if not all the one mentioned are on Sukhuvit Rd. Even the On Nut Beer Garden so you can simply get in a taxi and Sukhumvit 22 or 15 or even Nana. The Skytrain runs along Sukhumvit which make it even easier.

ah ok Ive been to Sukhuvit a few times that shouldnt be too hard. where I live Im used to big bottels for around 70bht and as I live on a Thai wage reasonably priced places in BKK would be a plus. What would you recomend If I were looking for a place thats not a turist trap but has a mix of Thai/farang and has big beers for less than 150bht?

• 2 weeks later...

Mucky Duck is doing Heinekin for 100.bt pint mondays only,good service,cool atmosphere...talk wise and with the Sunday paper on tap (S Times of course)...just like "ome.

Looked into the new DuB.the other night.............arggg ..never again......................

Mucky Duck is doing Heinekin for 100.bt pint mondays only,good service,cool atmosphere...talk wise and with the Sunday paper on tap (S Times of course)...just like "ome.

Looked into the new DuB.the other night.............arggg ..never again......................

Not that I drink Heineken, but where is the Mucky Duck? rolleyes.gif