Where Is It Flooding Right Now?

cdnvic

Bit old news as I was down Chaeng Wattana yesterday and immigration is accesible by all vehicles

Thanks for the good news.

How deep was that water yesterday? I think by "accessible" you don't mean that the road was dry. - Or maybe someone can even update today.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit old news as I was down Chaeng Wattana yesterday and immigration is accesible by all vehicles

How deep was that water yesterday? I think by "accessible" you don't mean that the road was dry. - Or maybe someone can even update today.

Dry in most places between expressway and Klong PhraPa. Almost 100% dry where you need to go yesterday

<br />Where is it flooding right now? I'm returning to rangsit, klong 2 today, does anyone have the latest on the flood situation there? I understand future park has been open over a week, does that mean the situation in surrounding areas is also improving? If people can go shopping then it must be. Oh, and is immigration open in Chaeng Wattana Road? I looked on their website and it said only big trucks can get there, so I guess a taxi is not going to take me. Anyone got any uptodate info would be gratefully received, thankyou.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

The Rangsit-Nakon Nayok road while still under water in many places is now becoming drivable from Future Park even in smaller cars like taxis. Jusco has been open for a few days and some sois around there are nearly dry but it's very hit and miss. On the opposite side around Country Place it's still flooded but moto taxi services have resumed in a number of moobans as the water very slowly recedes.

Thanks for that info kkerry. Every one keep up the good work. This thread has been the only place to get uptodate info on the flood since it all started back in October. I have been reading your reports everday and to the people who stayed in the flood stricken areas, your a different breed from us who evacuated to the countryside. Well done! and thankyou!

1322270984[/url]' post='4872246']
1322270714[/url]' post='4872235']

I rode my motorbike along Chaengwattana about 1 hour ago, from the local road that runs along side Vibhabdi to Tesco with no problems. I didn't see any water down towards the government complex.

Where is it flooding right now? I'm returning to rangsit, klong 2 today, does anyone have the latest on the flood situation there? I understand future park has been open over a week, does that mean the situation in surrounding areas is also improving? If people can go shopping then it must be. Oh, and is immigration open in Chaeng Wattana Road? I looked on their website and it said only big trucks can get there, so I guess a taxi is not going to take me. Anyone got any uptodate info would be gratefully received, thankyou.

Just returned from Rangsit and it is improving on Nakhon Nayok Rd. There were a few cars driving through, even though some areas were slightly deep. Didn't really see any major problems as far as the flooding goes. There are however numerous vehicles parked on Nakhon Nayok Rd., and vendors galore! This does slow traffic down a bit. Going from Future towards Klong 2, only one lane is open since the vehicles and vendors have taken over the other lanes. Hopefully, these fine folks will start to move their vehicles and vending shops off the main road.

A few photos from today.

post-6428-0-57045700-1322307379_thumb.jp

Near Future at Klong 1. Yes, the 538 is stuck with passengers aboard.

post-6428-0-25083200-1322307398_thumb.jp

Klong 2. This was the deepest I had seen. About shin high.

post-6428-0-18557600-1322307363_thumb.jp

Ake Pathum Hospital.

post-6428-0-81045700-1322307407_thumb.jp

Near Klong 3. The water has receded a great deal.

post-6428-0-62330000-1322309150_thumb.jp

Heading back towards Future Park, it seems like a traffic jam on the other side. Actually, they are all parked vehicles.

post-6428-0-65241600-1322309163_thumb.jp

Vendors everywhere. At first glance I thought that the Uttaraphimuk Expressway had disappeared.

Edited by frodo

Took the 538 to Future on Wednesday. Very few passengers but a very cheery driver obviously pleased to be working again.Aside from the basement, most shops at Future were open. The basement was a different story with about 30% of shops closed due to flooding. Most of the outlets near Tops were closed as well as KFC, MOS Burger, Pizza Hut, Boots and Homeworks. There had been a big cleanup job but you could still see the flood marks. Good to see the motorcycle taxi guys back in some villages, a sure sign that things are on the improve although where I live ours is the only soi currently not underwater. A lot of water still around Tesco at K4 (closed surely). BigC at K7 has some minor flood water but trading normally however not busy Friday. Plenty of water but no soft drinks or tinned fruit, very little fruit juice. Jusco at K2 had most items in stock, even cans of Coke Zero which has become hard to find.

Where is it flooding right now? I'm returning to rangsit, klong 2 today, does anyone have the latest on the flood situation there? I understand future park has been open over a week, does that mean the situation in surrounding areas is also improving? If people can go shopping then it must be. Oh, and is immigration open in Chaeng Wattana Road? I looked on their website and it said only big trucks can get there, so I guess a taxi is not going to take me. Anyone got any uptodate info would be gratefully received, thankyou.

Just returned from Rangsit and it is improving on Nakhon Nayok Rd. There were a few cars driving through, even though some areas were slightly deep. Didn't really see any major problems as far as the flooding goes. There are however numerous vehicles parked on Nakhon Nayok Rd., and vendors galore! This does slow traffic down a bit. Going from Future towards Klong 2, only one lane is open since the vehicles and vendors have taken over the other lanes. Hopefully, these fine folks will start to move their vehicles and vending shops off the main road.

A few photos from today.

Ake Pathum Hospital.

Heading back towards Future Park, it seems like a traffic jam on the other side. Actually, they are all parked vehicles.

Vendors everywhere. At first glance I thought that the Uttaraphimuk Expressway had disappeared.

Hi Frodo. Please see my post above. Do you know if you can access Future Park and Nakhon Nayok Road from Dong Muang Tollway Northbound exit?

Dry in most places between expressway and Klong PhraPa. Almost 100% dry where you need to go yesterday

Thanks. I am waiting for the announcement that Immigration services are back to normal then, cancelling the temporary outstation services in Suan Plu and Chamchuri Square.

A few photos from today.

Ake Pathum Hospital.

Hi Frodo. Please see my post above. Do you know if you can access Future Park and Nakhon Nayok Road from Dong Muang Tollway Northbound exit?

When we went out today, we could not. There was a detour on the Don Mueang Tollway, which landed us on the right side of Nakhon Nayok, Klong 1. For some reason the left lane is for vehicles to park, though i did see a few cars and small trucks manage to navigate the road, but on a very narrow side opening. I know that Future is open, but I am not 100% certain if it is accessible by car. This was Future Park a few days ago. Not sure if it has really changed much.

post-6428-0-41057700-1322318401_thumb.jp

post-6428-0-42785400-1322318415_thumb.jp

post-6428-0-15246000-1322318427_thumb.jp

In front of Future facing towards Major Cineplex

When we went out today, we could not. There was a detour on the Don Mueang Tollway, which landed us on the right side of Nakhon Nayok, Klong 1. For some reason the left lane is for vehicles to park, though i did see a few cars and small trucks manage to navigate the road, but on a very narrow side opening. I know that Future is open, but I am not 100% certain if it is accessible by car. This was Future Park a few days ago. Not sure if it has really changed much.

Thank you!

Photos from today at Future Park and Klongs 1-2 on Nakhon Nayok. Levels have decreased slowly over the past month, but it looks like the villages will be flooded for quite awhile longer.

Agreed, I live on Klong 3 and the entrance to about 100 yards up the Klong 3 are at 1 meter then it goes down. Big C on Klong 3 still closed. The mooban (Warrarack) I live in Klong 3 on the side with Big C is the only one that did not get flooded, not one bit.. I find it odd that the 7/11 in the mooban got it's first restock delivery last night. I found it odd that they only restocked one shelf of water small bottles at 10 bht a bottle , then the rest of the cold beverages are oishi and some other tea I have never heard of before.

Back on track, the mooban with the huge dalad opposite side of Big c is a ghost town soi after soi. about a half mtr of water. Alot of New housing on Klong 3. Buyer beware !

Have you by chance been out to around klong 12? I used to stay in Wat Phua U Dom there. Just wondering if they are flooded? Thanks

Hi tukkytuktuk and khaowong1

The vendors seems to have a little of everything. Mainly fruits, vegetables, rice, and some meats. I did see some rubber boots, life jackets, and a few boats here and there. I'm not sure what the prices were. As far as boats, I wouldn't even consider it. The military has a free boat service available, though you may to have wait a bit for one to arrive. When I left my home last month, a vendor near my soi was selling rubber boots, at a very inflated price. 500baht for a cheap pair. I found the same ones in Bangkok for 100baht. Look around. If you're not in Bangkok and need supplies, I would ask a spouse, partner, etc., to do the bidding for you. While I rarely get overpriced in Thanyaburi/Rangsit, the flood situation can change that. Can probably get a much better price.

khaowong1. I haven't been that far up for awhile. I'll see if I can get any information for you. If I can get info. I'll be happy to post it here for you.

Posted three (3) links to Dr Seree's Thai PBS archives on the 'Misery lingers for Bangkok's 'forgotten' flood victims' TVF thread HERE.

Links: Dr Seree's Thai PBS Dailies (both English and Thai) as well as his Flood Maps archive used in the segments.

Image courtesy Thai PBS 26 Nov 2011 Thai-language Dr Seree report segment of a recent survey of the Pathum Thani area.

post-120659-0-15418500-1322369548_thumb.

Hi tukkytuktuk and khaowong1

The vendors seems to have a little of everything. Mainly fruits, vegetables, rice, and some meats. I did see some rubber boots, life jackets, and a few boats here and there. I'm not sure what the prices were. As far as boats, I wouldn't even consider it. The military has a free boat service available, though you may to have wait a bit for one to arrive. When I left my home last month, a vendor near my soi was selling rubber boots, at a very inflated price. 500baht for a cheap pair. I found the same ones in Bangkok for 100baht. Look around. If you're not in Bangkok and need supplies, I would ask a spouse, partner, etc., to do the bidding for you. While I rarely get overpriced in Thanyaburi/Rangsit, the flood situation can change that. Can probably get a much better price.

khaowong1. I haven't been that far up for awhile. I'll see if I can get any information for you. If I can get info. I'll be happy to post it here for you.

Thanks Frodo.

San Saeb has risen about 20 cm since yesterday according to the meter at Ramkamphaeng 41. Fits well with the water level being at height with the drains in the blind end of my soi. Still about 20 cm to go before the peak levels of about 2 weeks ago when several even-numbered Ladprao sois 124+ were flooded at their San Saeb ends - a few up to 50 cm.

Does anyone have current info for the area Ramindra Soi 5 to 19 and in as far as Tharaeng ?

Am overseas & I still can't get thru on Skype.

I won't be able to phone in again until Wednesday at the earliest.

I had a brief call last Friday & they said it had dropped down to above the ankles in the lower floor of the house.

It had risen to waist level in the house at it's highest so I am dreading the damage report.

San Saeb has risen about 20 cm since yesterday according to the meter at Ramkamphaeng 41. Fits well with the water level being at height with the drains in the blind end of my soi. Still about 20 cm to go before the peak levels of about 2 weeks ago when several even-numbered Ladprao sois 124+ were flooded at their San Saeb ends - a few up to 50 cm.

GM Link Khlong Saen Saeb at Ramkhamhaeng 41

post-120659-0-81622000-1322386106_thumb.

Took the #10 van from Central to Chatujak this morning. Most of Chaengwattana seems dry, but the van did use the overpass over Klong Prapa, and it seemed there might still be some water in the road in front of Lotus, not sure. On the other side, the road seemed dry, but the army base still has water. One of the passengers watned to get off at TOT, there were a couple of inches of water in the curb lane. Driver let the passenger who wanted to go to IT Square off at the bottom of the flyover for Viphavadee-Rangsit. So instead of the normal route, the van went over V-R flyover, then U-turned to get back to V-R and then to Chatujak...that part was all dry. Would have to assume there must be water in front of IT Square if the van avoided it? Should have an update on Chinnakhet area tomorrow as one of my staff is going into retrieve stuff.

I checked out the latest on the immigration website. An entire page of procedures, visa language and opening times. I found it confusing. If I go to chaeng wattana I can get my visa sorted out or do I have to travel to near silom. So simply if so why not put "Chaeng Wattana is open, business as usual" and "Can't get to Chaeng Wattana, go to Suan Plu".

Oh thanks Frodo, if you see a pair of bright green wellies can you get them for me, ones with strings on the top, cheers.

Main street Salaya in front of gate 5 Mahidol University had gone down to ankle deep early this morning (water was clean too!) but by this afternoon it had gone back up to knee deep (and rising) with filthy black water (lots of dead fish and even dead snakes) which I suspect is the Nonthaburi run-off coming this way. The sluice gate at Naha Sawan (by the Royal Gems sports club) , which was completely open, has now been closed back to what looks like less than a metre. River in Nakhon Chaisi (as viewed just north of Bang Kraboa) has risen again too as have waters at Phra Prathom close to Phetkasem road as it goes north towards Nakhom Phatom. The 338 road to Nakhom Phatom at Puttamonthon has about 2 feet of water and a current flowing south (it seems to be heading to Khlong Thawi Wattana meeting it around the middle of Thano Utthayan aka the 'beautiful road'). Image mall on Phuttamonthon 4 was open today as floods seem to be receding close to the north of Nong Khaem. The southern SRT railway line, which was dry but now has up to half a metre of fast flowing water again, is running a 75% service to the southern provinces but expect delays and a changed timetable as it has been reduced to single line working in places due to flood damage.

Reason for edit: Spelling mistake

DaiHard,

Is Borromchanee (sp?) dry all the way now form Sai 4 to Pinklao? If not, where is it still flooded?

trying to figure out how to get from Prachinburi to Salaya. I figuire enter Bkk via Motorway but not sure which bridge and route best to take from there...

Thanks!

I just came back last night from Nakhon Sawan via BKK to Chonburi and it took me 8,5 hours (normally 4 hrs flat). (I left NS around 3 PM)

The 32 southbound to bangkok is a nightmare around the exit to Uthai. There are still loads of cars parked on the road and a couple of tents which caused a 2,5 hr traffic jam.

The road is damaged here and there and you should be careful there. Heading South on the 9 eastern ring road it's all dried up but traffic jams are really bad due to the damaged toll gate. I got stuck before the Rangsit exit and actually decided to go past Nakhon Nayok. 305 is fine eastbound although the road is damaged here and there.

Last Friday heading north the 9 was OK except for the damaged Lam Lukka tollgate. Wang Noi Bang pa in crossing (9 heading towards 32) was fine.

I hope the government will take care of the people still living on the road and that the Highway police is going to take care of the cars parked 3 lanes thick severely blocking traffic. I understand people don't want to walk too far to a pedestrian walkover but if 50 meters down the road there is enough parking spaces left I don't see the need to create dangerous situations.

Took the #10 van from Central to Chatujak this morning. Most of Chaengwattana seems dry, but the van did use the overpass over Klong Prapa, and it seemed there might still be some water in the road in front of Lotus, not sure. On the other side, the road seemed dry, but the army base still has water. One of the passengers watned to get off at TOT, there were a couple of inches of water in the curb lane. Driver let the passenger who wanted to go to IT Square off at the bottom of the flyover for Viphavadee-Rangsit. So instead of the normal route, the van went over V-R flyover, then U-turned to get back to V-R and then to Chatujak...that part was all dry. Would have to assume there must be water in front of IT Square if the van avoided it? Should have an update on Chinnakhet area tomorrow as one of my staff is going into retrieve stuff.

There is no water around IT Sq neither behind it or in front of it.

I need to go to Chaeng Wattana government complex from Bangna. There's no option. I have a 4x4 pickup but dont want to submerge it unless necessary. How bad is the flooding? Can I go on the expressway, down to Vibhavadi and then left to Ch. Wattana road (to Pakkret) , then into the govt centre? Or should I just take the skytrain to Mor Chit and then jump on a truck?

I need to go to Chaeng Wattana government complex from Bangna. There's no option. I have a 4x4 pickup but dont want to submerge it unless necessary. How bad is the flooding? Can I go on the expressway, down to Vibhavadi and then left to Ch. Wattana road (to Pakkret) , then into the govt centre? Or should I just take the skytrain to Mor Chit and then jump on a truck?

Chaengwattana Road is dry. My staff tells me that some of the sois still have water, so it's possible the gov't complex has some water. You could drive, park at IT Square since it seems that's dry or else at Avenue Chaengwattana or Big C, Makro or Central Plaza and take public transport into the complex if there is water that is too high for your 4X4.

This morning's Nation said the northbound lane of V-R still had water from Laksi which probably explains why the van detoured yesterday.

Chaengwattana Road is dry. My staff tells me that some of the sois still have water, so it's possible the gov't complex has some water. You could drive, park at IT Square since it seems that's dry or else at Avenue Chaengwattana or Big C, Makro or Central Plaza and take public transport into the complex if there is water that is too high for your 4X4.

This morning's Nation said the northbound lane of V-R still had water from Laksi which probably explains why the van detoured yesterday.

Come from Cheang Whattana Xway instead of the Viphavadi direction straight shot no substantial water to be had.