Big Snake Spotted

bkkjames

Just sitting on my balcony about 20 meters from the rivers edge watching the current go out rapidly.

Out the corner of my eye I catch a something moving against it quickly making a zigzag s shape on top of the water.

Got a better look-def a snake, around 2 meters in length (we have railings along the river wall which I used as scale to estimate its length). Estimate it to be a few inches in diameter.

Could not see the colour but darker overall than the muddy chao phraya.

Any ideas of what kind?

My wife and I surprised a cobra about 2 meters long two weeks ago and it jumped into a canal and swam away. It looked pretty dark in the water and swam right on the surface. Some of the wife's relatives killed a 4 meter Python just before the flooding up here in CM started. I was amazed at its size but they said they see one that size every year, and that old ones in the Ping River valley run over 8 meters long.

Thanks croc, I won't sleep better knowing that! But at least it was heading towards the rice storage warehouses next to us.

Cobra's are great swimmers so probably spot on here. Generally they are not aggressive unless you surprise and annoy them which desont leave many options if you come across one.

Thanks croc, I won't sleep better knowing that! But at least it was heading towards the rice storage warehouses next to us.

Cobra's are great swimmers so probably spot on here. Generally they are not aggressive unless you surprise and annoy them which desont leave many options if you come across one.

This one was heading for land from what I could tell and his head was well out of the water while swimming.