Accessing Hulu Website

Mekong Bob

Anyone in Chiang Mai watching Hulu (or other geo-restricted websites) via a VPN anonymous proxy?

I have read online that Hulu is now using new software which detects anonymous proxies and blocks access to their website.

Any VPN success stories out there?

Hi Bob, I use UnblockUs , its not a VPN so it works faster

and is easy to set up,costs only C$5 pm,has worked great

for me last few months

Can use it for Hulu,and other US channels plus BBC iPlayer

ITV player 4oD ect ect.

They offer 7 days trial for free , just google UnblockUs

Regards Worgeordie

I don't usually use Hulu because of the ads, but I just tried it from BKK via one of my VPNs (a California IP) and it worked fine.

Sometimes an IP will be identified as VPN and get blocked, presumably they (i.e.Hulu) 'notice' a large number of connections from the same IP. BBC (used to) do the same. Find a VPN supplier that gives you a selection of different servers in the US and UK.

Also check that they allow you to send email while connected - some block this and it's a nuisance having to disconnect to send an important email.

DAMMIT! I just tried to post this very reply, having forgotten to disconnect my US VPN and remembered that IP is blocked by ThaiVisa - presumably some banned member was posting via the same address. Another point to bear in mind when trying out VPNs annoyed.gif

[The Colorado server worked OK for posting]

Edited by phaethon

I at Chiang Mai and using unblock-us too. No problem accessing Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, Slacker.

Out of topic: Anyone have a hulu plus account or willing to help me to pay for the monthly subscription? I dont have US credit card to pay and Hulu.com only accept US credit card. Plus, those virtual cc are no longer working. :(

Witopia.net's VPN services, including servers in California, work fine with Hulu..

And even better and faster, they have a private proxy service members can use that provides the necessary IP location without all the bandwidth drains of VPN... The proxy is included as part of their VPN membership plans.

In the past, Hulu did have quite a reputation for seeking out and trying to block various VPN services... But I haven't heard as much about that lately.