Beer Prices

snamos

This place is rapidly becoming the same as the UK where, when prices started going through the roof, most people started drinking at home.

The only people drinking in bars will be those looking for a tart or a tourist. How depressing.

.......or, those with a decent income.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-144942-0-35330300-1322986157_thumb.post-144942-0-53087000-1322986129_thumb.

Tesco, Khon Kaen, 1400 hrs Sunday - moral of story

Phuket + Farang = Pish Take laugh.gif

Large bottles of Chang and Chang Export are readily available here at the same price as well but nearly all bars sell the small ones. They are the ones that are hard to find at a decent price.

post-144942-0-35330300-1322986157_thumb.post-144942-0-53087000-1322986129_thumb.

Large bottles of Chang and Chang Export are readily available here at the same price as well but nearly all bars sell the small ones. They are the ones that are hard to find at a decent price.

From what i have read in the PG the Chang brewery was not effected by the floods so there should not be a shortage

of any size bottle

From what i have read in the PG the Chang brewery was not effected by the floods so there should not be a shortage

of any size bottle

Were all the distributors also unaffected by the floods?

Not in Phuket, no flooding here

Yes, I know that already.

I'm talking about distributors between the factory and Phuket.

of any size bottle

Were all the distributors also unaffected by the floods?

Not in Phuket, no flooding here

Yes, I know that already.

I'm talking about distributors between the factory and Phuket.

Since the factory is not flooded and the road from Bangkok to phuket is not flooded

Its the distributors in Phuket who supply the local market not ones in-between

of any size bottle

But there is! Many bars now selling cans.

of any size bottle

Maybe them just buy cans to justify increases mad.gif

of any size bottle

Either in this thread or another I read that the bottle factory was affected by the floods. So there probably is no shortage of beer, other than from Singha Brewery (which was flooded), but a shortage of bottles. And the price increases at the bars I have heard is from the local shops charging up to 1,300 baht a box for Tiger delivered, when it is available for 800 baht direct from the directly from the dealer that sells the keg beer.

of any size bottle

Either in this thread or another I read that the bottle factory was affected by the floods. So there probably is no shortage of beer, other than from Singha Brewery (which was flooded), but a shortage of bottles. And the price increases at the bars I have heard is from the local shops charging up to 1,300 baht a box for Tiger delivered, when it is available for 800 baht direct from the directly from the dealer that sells the keg beer.

Bangkok glass , the main supplier of bottles ( although not the only one ) to the beer companies is now operational and in production , wonder how long it'll take for the prices from the local suppliers to fall ?

Im guessing they'll ride it out as long as they can to keep the costs up , I would maybe suggest to the bar owners to keep an eye out for stock levels in the supermarkets and 7 to start filling up because I would imagine they will fall into line alot sooner than "Somchai" bar deliveries will.

I have to shop at most of the large retailers 3 or 4 times a week and the stocks are starting to come in now.690 bht case Tiger 830 case San Mig.

I was in Makro last week talking to a lady from marketing when a crowd of Thai's started to gather followed by a pallet of Singa 2 mins it was all gone.

Looks like the Thai suppliers get tipped off before it is placed in the store and it was 630 bht case large bottles.

Wonder how much it went on the shelves for?

Leo seems to manufactor 24/7 now, judging by the time stamp on top of cases. As its easily available and 490 baht for 12 large, I have swapped from San Mig Light, drinking Leo at home from large beer glasses, almost like draught beer :rolleyes: It tastes great, but I sure have gained weight :angry:

also noticed my regulars like Kangoroo in Bangla do not pass on prices, all beer 70 baht all hours

I was in Bangla Road last night the first time in over 2 years

Bars there are selling small bottles of beer for 70 baht and there rents are high

If you are paying more elsewhere you are being ripped off

agreed

and the 70 baht beers include upmarket labels as San Mig Light and Heineken, and the "low" price makes returning customers and huge turnover, many of them 100k baht even on slow days/nights

go into a soi and the rip offs start

any bar charging more needs to learn how to run a business :rolleyes:

50tbh or 200tbh what does it matter, or do you sit and drink beer every day at bangla? sounds like many of you are alcoholics...

errrrr 200 baht is a 400% increase on 50 baht - imagine if your electric, food, cigarettes, gasoline etc etc did the same blink.gif therefore it does matter

Edited by psmith

Crikey I wish I could buy a case of beer down under for AU$14 i can't even get a six pack of Chang in Dan Murphy's for that

Last time we were in Aussie 1 year ago 24 small bottles of Heineken were on special at $50 or 1500 baht

reduced from $70 or 2100 baht

About 800 baht here

The Heineken in Aussie isn't the same crappy Heineken you get in Thailand which is brewed in Thailand for the Thai palate.

Same formula and tastes the same

Just like Coca Cola uses the same formula everywhere

It certainly does not taste the same.

The Aussie Heineken tastes like it does in Europe, crisp and dry. Thai Heineken has a stronger taste.

The Heineken in Aussie isn't the same crappy Heineken you get in Thailand which is brewed in Thailand for the Thai palate.

Coca Cola is taste adjusted to market, sweeter in some markets

Fanta even more noticable, supersweet in Sweden almost bitter in Germany

and I dont drink sugar any more ;)

and heineken does the same, but it doesnt taste good anywhere B)

Have you drunk heineken in Australia i have i year ago and it tastes the same to me

Not that i am a regular drinker of it i prefer Leo :jap:

I drink coca cola zero and that tastes the same no matter which country i buy it in

Have you drunk heineken in Australia i have i year ago and it tastes the same to me

Leo is great :)

Going to OZ, the land of Foster, to drink Heineken, a beer I really do not like? Nope

but I know their policy

what I do not know is Carlsbergs policy, is it market adjusted? or can I drink it here, made in Malaysia, close my eyes and dream I am in Skagen?

Leo is great :)

Going to OZ, the land of Foster, to drink Heineken, a beer I really do not like? Nope

but I know their policy

what I do not know is Carlsbergs policy, is it market adjusted? or can I drink it here, made in Malaysia, close my eyes and dream I am in Skagen?

Western Australia where i come from very little fosters is sold

My beer there was Victoria bitter other people prefer swan brewery beers

Both beers on tap at all the larger hotels as well as some yuppie brands