Amari Pattaya True Move H Test

skippybangkok

Some of those higher end Truemove H packages also include unlimited WiFi so that can ameliorate any 3G limitations. I also find that within larger buildings I lose 3G, while retaining EDGE, but have WiFi so switch in these situations. And at home, work or family/friends also use WiFi. I rarely go north of 1 GB of mobile broadband data in a month.

I've had really mixed results with True WiFi, but most times it seems that 3G is faster. At the local shopping mall (Market Village in Hua Hin) I've never been able to get even 1Mbps on True WiFi, whereas on 3G (and now 3G+) I routinely get 4-6Mbps.

Some of those higher end Truemove H packages also include unlimited WiFi so that can ameliorate any 3G limitations. I also find that within larger buildings I lose 3G, while retaining EDGE, but have WiFi so switch in these situations. And at home, work or family/friends also use WiFi. I rarely go north of 1 GB of mobile broadband data in a month.

I've had really mixed results with True WiFi, but most times it seems that 3G is faster. At the local shopping mall (Market Village in Hua Hin) I've never been able to get even 1Mbps on True WiFi, whereas on 3G (and now 3G+) I routinely get 4-6Mbps.

In Chiang Mai you can pretty much forget about True WiFi. It's working but only barely, and 3G is always faster. YMMV.

Just noticed somebody using a tablet on True-H in the Nong Plalai area (which is basically where the new highway out of Pattaya splits into the nr.7 Bkk direction and the 36 hwy to Rayong direction).

Full signal, whereas there was no regular True 3G coverage.

So East Pattaya is getting some choice with both AIS and True having 3G coverage.

Any news on getting True-H prepaid? There website is a Thai Language only mess as usual.

http://www.truemove-h.com/index.html

Just noticed somebody using a tablet on True-H in the Nong Plalai area (which is basically where the new highway out of Pattaya splits into the nr.7 Bkk direction and the 36 hwy to Rayong direction).

Full signal, whereas there was no regular True 3G coverage.

So East Pattaya is getting some choice with both AIS and True having 3G coverage.

Any news on getting True-H prepaid? There website is a Thai Language only mess as usual.

http://www.truemove-h.com/index.html

That was my point of switching to True Move H.