Waxing Strips Or Creams

SimonD

Ladies, can you help?

I don't know why I didn't think to post this question here much earlier on behalf of my Thai GF. All the time we lived together (I'm back in the UK temporarily, working) she was fighting a losing battle with her body hair. She's a dark-skinned lass from Isaan and has a very slight and almost invisible line of fine hair above her upper lip (I'm not going to call it a moustache but she does!) Also, she has very stiff and bristly underarm hair (like a wire brush) and a gorgeous mane of mad frizzy hair that's normally out of control. She'd kill for typically Thai long straight hair but that's just not going to happen. Her hair wins every time!

Anyway, my point. She and her girl friends would often gather at our house and spend hours 'grooming' each other with tweezers (Mr. Snap-snap), often to the point where they would draw blood! This puzzled me and I asked why she didn't wax? I just got a blank look so began searching around for waxing items. I checked in all the big stores, farang shops, Thai pharmacies and beauty salons but drew a blank. It wasn't until I got back to the UK that I was able to post her a selection from Boots the Chemist. Then I had to ring her and explain how they worked. She figured it out and is now running low on stocks.

All this leads me to believe that Thai ladies do not wax. Is this true? Are waxing strips or creams available and if so, how expensive are they? I have sent some more to her home address in Surin but she is currently working in Bangkok and it would be easier for her to pop-out and get them herself - especially if the instructions for use are in Thai.

Thanks in advance.

Simon (and Mai)

PS: She also wants white skin for some reason but that's another story...;)

Thanks, but on her salary and available free time, electrolysis is not a feasable option. She's not too keen on clinics or similar either, following previous experiences.

The keywords in my request are waxing strips.:)

Simon

Yes, I wouldn't bother with the tiny ones, just the bigger shops and they may not have the actual strips but the waxing kits, where she will have to heat up the wax and do it herself, a cheap option to expensive strips is strips of cotton cloth (but make sure she gets something quite sturdy so she doesn't end up with pieces of fabric glued to her face on the wax.)

• 1 month later...

Can any lady suggest a depilatory creme for use in the Bikini area - and where to get it in Bangkok? I understand some of these cremes are rather harsh and can cause problems in that very sensitive area and my wife prefers to be totally hairless there.

Waxing is no use really because after the first session the hair must be allowed to grow to a fair length before the waxing strips whatever can get a grip!

Patrick

• 11 months later...

Boots has diplatory cremes, altho I don't know how effective they are on pubic hair (regardless of their packaging claims).

Waxing is much more effective; does anyone know of a reputable waxing place in Rachadapisek area around BigC. My daughter went looking yday and just got a series of `mai dai's all the way to Central World with offers to laser remove (at massive cost over multiple sessions)

Boots has diplatory cremes, altho I don't know how effective they are on pubic hair (regardless of their packaging claims).

Waxing is much more effective; does anyone know of a reputable waxing place in Rachadapisek area around BigC. My daughter went looking yday and just got a series of `mai dai's all the way to Central World with offers to laser remove (at massive cost over multiple sessions)

Sena near Major Rachayothin.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Go to Sena on Phahon Yothin road, all the Thais know the area, there are many places there (waxing studios) famous for Bikini Lines and other waxing

This is good to know as as I'm approaching 50, the hairs in my crack are getting out of control.

Try Magic Powder, clean as a baby's..errrrr, you know.