My Very Rich, Well Educated Wife Refuses To Use Bottle Water

harryfrompattaya

Depends in some places in the Thailand the water is potable and you can drink it from the tap if you so wish..;)

if your rich well educated wife and her rich mother are drinking it and not getting sick then this would suggest the water supplied is potable

BTW have many Phd's does your wife have and are the family "connections" in army, police or goverment...

Edited by Soutpeel

Hmmm, I was always told not to drink tap water. Unless you have some sort of water purification system on your tap? Maybe you should consider taking a batch of your tap water to a university and having it tested. Then you'll know for certain whether it's safe.

While it might be ok for your very rich well educated top of the line wife and her very rich (also well educated?) parents, it might not be so good for you.

Tap water in Thailand can make us farangs very sick. No riches and no education can save you from the bacterias living in the water supply system, so please avoid drinking from it.

To answer your question. No, I don't think it is normal.

Edited by ricku

As you mention her being very rich I assume this offers some form of immunity to waterborne illnesses.

Truth is that bottled water, unless managed correctly can quickly grow more harmful bacteria than water coming out the tap. Try what she says you may get the squits, you may not, there isn't much to risk really is there. The only thing is the unpleasant taste of chlorine sometimes.

Yes I don't post to much on here but one has to ask,are most of these threads done for a laugh,I mean really,do people have to ask such daft questions,it's like asking if it's safe to holiday in The Yemen,in the age of the Internet why is it necessary to pose these questions.

In 10 years of living in Thailand I have never drunk tap water - and I do not intend to start. Whilst I'll eat street food without a second thought, the idea of drinking Thai tap water repulses me!

I'll stick to bottled water - thanks

Simon

It doesn't say where your rich wife is drinking the water. Did she get rich in Pattaya :whistling:

or Bangkok?

Bangkok water is perfectly drinkable according to world standards, google it

Perhaps it WAS where it was treated but after miles of pipes with connections to untold toilets and the like without proper backflow valves by the time it gets to me . . . ugh

I usually boil tap water at home and use that for drinking. I occasionally drink tap water straight from the tap, for example, if I wake up at night and can't be bothered to go down and get a bottle of water.

The problem with unboiled tap water years ago, was the piping. I live in a newer area of Bangkok, so I am less worried about the condition of the pipes or contamination.

I have had no ill effects from the water and have been drinking it for years.

I usually boil tap water at home and use that for drinking. I occasionally drink tap water straight from the tap, for example, if I wake up at night and can't be bothered to go down and get a bottle of water.

The problem with unboiled tap water years ago, was the piping. I live in a newer area of Bangkok, so I am less worried about the condition of the pipes or contamination.

I have had no ill effects from the water and have been drinking it for years.

Ah but is your wife and mother-in-law very rich and well educated and living in Pattaya ?.....:lol:

Nice wind-up thread Harry. Good on yer laugh.gif

Quality indeed !

I would swap this ignorant bitch for a bargirl - all the ones I have known drink bottled water. Much safer in the long run.

You obviously have never been to Lolita's.

They don't do bottled water over there.