Head Gasket Sealant

chowder

its an old car but drivable, have a little of white smoke out the pipe nothing major, nothing noticeable, only if you pay really closed attention, not worth the money to replaced the head gasket, i try autobac they don't have it, any other store to recommend.

Do you mean radiator sealant ? as I don't know of anything that will seal a head gasket leak without taking off the head ? And if you are taking off the head you might as well put a new gasket on. If it is an old car it will cost very little. White smoke also isn't really a sign of a blown head gasket either. Overheating and water in the oil are. Take off the oil filler cap on the top of the engine. if it has a white creamy goo around it the heads gone. also take out the dipstick and check the colour of the oil. If the head has gone it will be a white colour where the oil has emulsified with the water.

If all you are getting is some white smoke then I wouldn't worry too much if it is an old car biggrin.gif

it is a radiator sealant type but it works particularly for small minor head gasket leak, oil cap is clean no mildew, dipstick is also clean.

Then don't worry (Yet). :). Nothing seals a blown head gasket.

...or a cracked head.

Yep, a minor crack in a head might only shift water at a certain temp, the expansion and contraction thingy. :D

it is a radiator sealant type but it works particularly for small minor head gasket leak, oil cap is clean no mildew, dipstick is also clean.

Then don't worry (Yet). :). Nothing seals a blown head gasket.

...or a cracked head.

Yep, a minor crack in a head might only shift water at a certain temp, the expansion and contraction thingy. :D

Spot on hence the puff of white smoke.:)