Killing Of Democrat Canvasser Likely Political Or Personal Conflict

Lite Beer

Police: Killing of Democrat canvasser likely political or personal conflict

image_201112111824102CDDA623-98F4-8DAD-B4F6887DC4AA7E27.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec 11 – Police said on Sunday that the murder of a Democrat canvasser in Don Mueang district may have been motivated by political or personal conflict, while the failed Democrat election candidate, the victim’s boss, said he was among five targets for assassination according to a warning by the victim.

Taenkhun Jit-issara, the losing Democrat candidate in the July 3 election, made his remarks as close aide Chutidej Suwankij, 38, was brutally shot dead Saturday night by a group of gunmen.

Mr Taenkhun claimed the victim used to work with Don Mueang Pheu Thai MP Karun Hosakul before joining him.

"Mr Chutidej warned me that I was among five targets for assassination and now there were four people left," claimed Mr Taenkhun, while urging the national police bureau to proceed with the case cautiously amid fears that witnesses could come under attack.

"I believe this is politically motivated as Mr Chutidej had earlier warned me about this," stated the Democrat candidate. "What I'm worried about most is the victim's family as they saw the attackers and are now alone. Police should protect them."

Pol Maj-Gen Supisarn Pakdinaruenart, chief of the Crime Suppression Department (CSD) said he has assigned staff to probe the case and initial reports suggested the murder might be linked to either political or personal conflict.

The investigation however will focus on politics and senior police officials instructed that the case must be sorted out at the earliest as it was a serious offence.

Gen Supisarn added police have not been pressured by anyone on this case.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the party will follow up the investigation and that the attack is considered "outrageous" as the shooting took place in Kosum market in front of Mr Chutidej's family.

Mr Chavanond urged Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to inspect the crime scene and instruct concerned officials to bring in the culprits for prosecution.

The party spokesman also called on national police chief Pol Gen Prewpan Dhamapong to order Don Mueang police to conduct the case fairly without fear of outside influence.

Meanwhile, Mr Karun on Sunday denied his involvement in the killing but admitted that he knew the victim, as Mr Chutidej had worked with him before.

He said though the victim moved to work with Mr Taenkhun, Mr Chutidej and he still had a good relations and remained in contact.

Regarding Mr Taenkhun's remarks that the death was politically motivated, Mr Karun reiterated that he was not involved in the killing, saying Mr Chutidej and Mr Taenkhun were not his political rivals in the constituency.

Though he has known the victim for a long time, Mr Karun said that he cannot determine the cause of Mr Chutidej’s death, adding that the victim also ran business in the amulets and a motorcycle taxi service.

However, he was willing to give full cooperation to the police and wanted the police to apprehend the culprit as soon as possible, Mr Karun said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2011-12-11

Let me see if I got this Straight.. An operative (canvasser) for a Political Party was Murdered...

The Police believe it was either politically motivated or the result a personal conflict....

You think ?????

:wacko:

What a Rag!

Fit for wrapping fish!

CS

Seemingly, yes, but it's important to remember the police who gave you that brilliant motive, work for the opposition party, which the deceased's former employer is also a notoriously violent member of.

AIDE'S SLAYING

Democrat ex-candidate suspects political motive

The Nation

30171658-01_big.jpg

Canvasser earlier worked for Pheu Thai; police suspect business spat

Saturday's killing of Chutidet Suwannakerd might have been politically motivated, Demo-crat Party member and former candidate Tankhun Jitissara said yesterday in reference to the shooting death of his vote canvasser, who had earlier worked for Tankhun's Pheu Thai rival Karun Hosakul.

"Chutidet was a good man without any enemies, so politics might be the only reason for his killing," he said.

Tankhun, who was defeated by Karun in the general election, said Chutidet had worked hard helping flood victims in the Don Muang constituency.

Chutidet might have paid with his life for upsetting the power balance within the constituency, he said.

Karun had harboured a grudge and portrayed Chutidet as a Democrat spy, Tankhun added.

Karun denied any involvement in Chutidet's death, saying he was as surprised as anyone.

He said he had no reason to attack Chutidet or Tankhun, since the two were never strong poll rivals. He could not explain why Tankhun linked politics to the Chutidet killing.

Chutidet was involved in two key businesses - a motorcycle taxi queue and the Buddha amulet trade, Karun said.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut conveyed the party's deepest condolences to Chutidet's family and called on police to unmask the perpetrators behind the attack.

"The shooting death happened in broad daylight in front of the family and huge crowds at a busy market," he said.

Pol Maj-General Damrongsak Kittiprapat, commander of Metropolitan Police Division 3, said investigators were focusing on a business feud as a hypothesis.

Chutidet was known to have many business interests in Don Muang, he said, citing witnesses who overheard the victim making a heated telephone call over a business dispute.

Investigators have not ruled out any angles, including political conflicts, extramarital affairs and drug trafficking, Damrongsak said.

Pol Maj-General Supisan Pakdinaruenat, commander of the Crime Suppression Division, said his team would join Don Muang police in solving the Chutidet case.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-12-12

Let me see if I got this Straight.. An operative (canvasser) for a Political Party was Murdered...

The Police believe it was either politically motivated or the result a personal conflict....

You think ?????

What a Rag!

Fit for wrapping fish!

CS

Seemingly, yes, but it's important to remember the police who gave you that brilliant motive, work for the opposition party, which the deceased's former employer is also a notoriously violent member of.

Do you mean this notoriously violent member?

Back in 2008 when he was a member of the People Power Party, Mr. Hosakul kung-<deleted> kicked Democrat Somkiart Pongpaiboon because he disagreed with something he said. He once headbutted an undercover policeman, and he was seen slapping and pulling the hair of his ex-wife at Don Meuang Airport. Airport security guards had to pull him off of her.

Edited by pimay11

Don Muang police to interrogate military officer in murder of Democrat vote canvasser; investigators to pursue political, business conflicts /TANN

Deputy PM Chalerm believes Democrat vote canvasser's death stem from personal conflict; orders police to step up security for New Year /TANN

You think ?????

What a Rag!

Fit for wrapping fish!

CS

They're only reporting what the BiBs said, not carrying out the investigation themselves !

Whats 'master crime fighter' Chalerm have to say on this one?

KUDOS! You took the words right from my mouth! What are the brilliant thoughts of "Sherlock Holmes" Chalerm?

'It was General-Green, with an army Sniper-Rifle, from the Roof-Top', perhaps ?

Doncha just love Haven't-Gotta-Cluedo ? :lol:

Edited by Ricardo