Thailand Gives Ex-PM Thaksin Passport Back: Govt

webfact

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parties that have been in opposition don't tend to campaign with proud boasts of what they did in opposition, but rather proud boasts of what they will do once in power. Take PTP at the last election. Did they boast about how so many of their people had been involved in one way or another with all the death and destruction in Bangkok? Or any of their other great achievements in opposition. Don't recall so.

Tell me rixalex was the passport of Pin Chakkaphak revoked and was he harried and chased around the world by the Democrats?......just asking

One on the run criminal didn't have his passport revoked, so neither should Thaksin... is that where this stream of thought is journeying to?

Thaksin's support group should have this sort of excuse patented. Well his passport wasn't revoked, well he did it, well he got away with it, well he is just as bad, well they are just as corrupt, well the PAD.. blah blah blah... airport airport, airport, conspiracy, elite, politically motivated.... saai.gif

Oh dear a poor, childish response, the point being that the existance of similar situations not handled in the same aggressive manner by the democrats would rather indicate the persuance of Thaksin an obsessive witchhunt for political ends......not just a simple regular following of proceedure as some would have us believe

would it not?

Edited by 473geo

One on the run criminal didn't have his passport revoked, so neither should Thaksin... is that where this stream of thought is journeying to?

Thaksin's support group should have this sort of excuse patented. Well his passport wasn't revoked, well he did it, well he got away with it, well he is just as bad, well they are just as corrupt, well the PAD.. blah blah blah... airport airport, airport, conspiracy, elite, politically motivated.... saai.gif

By the way, "blah blah blah" is fast becoming the most cohesive, convincing, and frequently used debating response from the Anti red shirts, well done showing much improved rhetoric

Edited by 473geo
  • Like 1

Parties that have been in opposition don't tend to campaign with proud boasts of what they did in opposition, but rather proud boasts of what they will do once in power. Take PTP at the last election. Did they boast about how so many of their people had been involved in one way or another with all the death and destruction in Bangkok? Or any of their other great achievements in opposition. Don't recall so.

Tell me rixalex was the passport of Pin Chakkaphak revoked and was he harried and chased around the world by the Democrats?......just asking

Oh dear a poor, childish response, the point being that the existance of similar situations not handled in the same aggressive manner by the democrats would rather indicate the persuance of Thaksin an obsessive witchhunt for political ends......not just a simple regular following of proceedure as some would have us believe

would it not?

Nope. It's usual for criminals to be prioritized by authorities. They never pursue all on the run criminals with exactly the same resources and vigor. Perhaps you could start a support group for on the run criminals who are cruelly and unfairly being chased and harassed more than other fellow on the run crims. The injustice of it!

"In no small part thanks to the Dems"

You wouldn't be lauding something the Dems have done in opposition regarding Thaksin would you? no surprise there then

I'd laud anyone for helping delay a reconciliation bill that had zero to do with reconciliation.

Care to highlight a couple of issues raised by the opposition other than it would enable Thaksin to return? I'm not disputing there were, just perhaps these issues were not quite hammered home in the same manner, I may have missed them

Edited by 473geo

would it not?

Nope. It's usual for criminals to be prioritized by authorities. They never pursue all on the run criminals with exactly the same resources and vigor. Perhaps you could start a support group for on the run criminals who are cruelly and unfairly being chased and harassed more than other fellow on the run crims. The injustice of it!

Thanks for supporting my statement

Care to highlight a couple of issues raised by the opposition other than it would enable Thaksin to return? I'm not disputing there were, just perhaps these issues were not quite hammered home in the same manner, I may have missed them

All the other stuff in the bill was fluff and filling, throwing a few bones around, to try and distract from the bit about getting Thaksin off the hook.

Thaksin in possesion of new Thai passport : FM

30172023-01_big.jpg

Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said his ministry had repealed the passport ban on Thaksin

The minister said this was done because Thaksin is harmless

Impeach me over Thaksin passport: Surapong

Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul Monday challenged the opposition Democrat Party and its ally Green Politic Group to push ahead with impeachment proceedings over the issuing of a passport to former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

He said the Foreign Ministry had done nothing illegal.

"If anybody wants to impeach me, please go ahead. Lodge the petition with the anti-graft body and I'll have a chance to explain and show evidence," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-17

Thaksin in possesion of new Thai passport : FM

30172023-01_big.jpg

The minister said this was done because Thaksin is harmless

Impeach me over Thaksin passport: Surapong

Lodge the petition with the anti-graft body and I'll have a chance to explain and show evidence," he said.

It'd be interesting to see his evidence that Thaksin is harmless.

Show a receipt for the purchase of Girl Scout cookies?