Thailand Gives Ex-PM Thaksin Passport Back: Govt

webfact

Why is this topic marked "HOT"? It has been dead for 6 months.

It has been revitalised by buchholz with a tenuous link to the foreign minister going to dubai so that he (buchholz) can drag up an old link to passports for thaksin - he'll stoop stop at nothing to have a dig at thaksin, the red shirts, PTP etc. whenever he can. Surely you've noticed this kind of behaviour by him before?

It's usually followed by a mock outrage reply saying that he was only providing information to the forum members.....................

Maybe if the time that Surapong took out of his schedule to get Thaksin's passport through one of the most brown-nosed actions I have ever witnessed, he would have had the time to look at what was on his desk and table the NASA project early enough so that it received parliament time......

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thaksin's Passport Reinstated Since Oct 26

Foreign Ministry Spokesman Thani Thongpakdi affirms the Thai passport of former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was reinstated since October 26 as he was no longer on the ministry's blacklist.

He said Thaksin had applied for a Thai passport at the Royal Thai Embassy in Dubai in the United Arab Emirates on October 25. Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul approved the issuance of the passport and a passport was issued to Thaksin on October 26.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-12-16

footer_n.gif

So all the news pronouncements in the other 400 post thread are all brazen, known, bald-faced lies...

with his passport already having been issued over a month beforehand:

Thailand to issue passport for ex-PM Thaksin soon: FM

BANGKOK, December 2, 2011 (AFP) - Thailand will issue a passport for its fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra "very soon," his sister's government said Friday, angering the controversial ex-leader's opponents.

Ya gotta hand it to Yingluck's government.

They can lie with straight faces and tell the populace to f*** o** without batting an eye.

Surapong to visit Duibai Wednesday

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul is going to Dubai to attend the anti-piracy conference Wednesday and Thursday, spokesman Thani Thongphakdi said Tuesday.

The conference is hosted by the United Arab Emirates government and DP World company, fourth largest marine port company in the world.

Surapong and high ranking government officials from 50 countries as well as executives of cruise industry would share experience and ideas of how the government and private sectors can join hands to solve piracy problems sustainably as they affect national and regional security, Thani said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-26

..... and piracy in Thailand just hasn't been the same since.

What a waste of money

• 1 month later...

Today, the Office of the Ombudsman ordered the Foreign Ministry to reconsider its decision to issue a Thai passport to Thaksin Shinawatra.

According to the ruling, as a convict avoiding jail and violating his bail conditions, the Ombudsman regarded the Foreign Ministry’s efforts a mistake.

• Like 1

Today, the Office of the Ombudsman ordered the Foreign Ministry to reconsider its decision to issue a Thai passport to Thaksin Shinawatra.

According to the ruling, as a convict avoiding jail and violating his bail conditions, the Ombudsman regarded the Foreign Ministry’s efforts a mistake.

Nice one Bucholz, good of you to keep us updated about this.

Wonder how many passports he really has ?

• Like 2

As far as the Ombudsman telling the Foreign Ministry that they shouldn't have issued it is concerned, he has one Thai passport.

Edited by Buchholz

As far as the Ombudsman telling the Foreign Ministry that they shouldn't have issued it is concerned, he has one Thai passport.

Assuming k. Thaksin's Thai passports were taken when on trial in 2008, a common passport returned after promising to return immediately from the Bejing Olympic Games and this old passport swapped for a shiny new one (slightly damp as the Chaeng Wattana office was flooded), our criminal on the run should indeed have only one Thai passport wai.gif

• Like 1

According to the ruling, as a convict avoiding jail and violating his bail conditions, the Ombudsman regarded the Foreign Ministry's efforts a mistake.

Assuming k. Thaksin's Thai passports were taken when on trial in 2008, a common passport returned after promising to return immediately from the Bejing Olympic Games and this old passport swapped for a shiny new one (slightly damp as the Chaeng Wattana office was flooded), our criminal on the run should indeed have only one Thai passport wai.gif

So thats just the one as buchholz said rubl, but thanks for the rest of the info. Would you like to tell us how long it took for him to get a passport as opposed to non criminals on the run?

I for one think Thailand does not need that kind of Democracy and if it takes an military take over to put a end to it so be it.

If the military put an end to it, then it wasn't a democracy in the first place, as in a democracy the military is answerable to the government, not the other way round. The fact that the military can step in at any time regardless of who is in power, demonstrates that Thailand is not a democracy, but is ruled by the military, they just keep out of sight until they feel threatened enough to step in.

So thats just the one as buchholz said rubl, but thanks for the rest of the info. Would you like to tell us how long it took for him to get a passport as opposed to non criminals on the run?

How long for k. Thaksin? Family as MoFA and about four years. As for non-criminals on the run, don't know for sure, but most likely 'never, ever'

Any more stupid questions, dear phiphidon?

• Like 1

How long for k. Thaksin? Family as MoFA and about four years. As for non-criminals on the run, don't know for sure, but most likely 'never, ever'

Any more stupid questions, dear phiphidon?

Wasn't a stupid question, just I remember your posts when it happened and you saying how quick it was even though there was a flood on. Just wondered if you were going to recycle all last years flood posts for this years floods?

I for one think Thailand does not need that kind of Democracy and if it takes an military take over to put a end to it so be it.

If the military put an end to it, then it wasn't a democracy in the first place, as in a democracy the military is answerable to the government, not the other way round. The fact that the military can step in at any time regardless of who is in power, demonstrates that Thailand is not a democracy, but is ruled by the military, they just keep out of sight until they feel threatened enough to step in.

Pretty well correct except the "they" being threatened is the attempts at democracy to settle in. Also you need a democratic government to start as oppossed to the mafia families and general scum that pass as a government but certainly which is not a democratic one. If it was a democracy the police would be doing their job and the Army would not need to step in. But hey this is Thailand with mostly no morals and values so democracy is a long way off. Hell even look at this item - a convicted fugitive criminal living in Dubal with a passport and running the country from abroad - Amazing Thailand.

It has been revitalised by buchholz with a tenuous link to the foreign minister going to dubai so that he (buchholz) can drag up an old link to passports for thaksin - he'll stoop stop at nothing to have a dig at thaksin, the red shirts, PTP etc. whenever he can. Surely you've noticed this kind of behaviour by him before?

It's usually followed by a mock outrage reply saying that he was only providing information to the forum members.....................

Nah he did it to give you guys a new thread to talk up the PTP and Big T

"No government agency, including the police -- judiciary and interior ministry -- opposed the re-issue of Thaksin's passport," he said.

Now there's a suprise seeing he has relatives in key positions... :rolleyes:

"Thaksin had applied for an ordinary passport via the Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates on October 25.

The Foreign Ministry issued the passport for Thaksin on October 26" via diplomatic pouch on the same day

do all ordinary Thai citizens get service like this ?..... :whistling:

my moneys on...he will be sitting in Chang Mai eating his Somtam by year end... :rolleyes:

do all ordinary Thai citizens get service like this ?

No, only if you´r the paymaster.

Montenegro revokes Mr T's passport because he harms Montenegro?

Yes, the homeland of international outlaws with big pockets tries to be accepted by the EU.

If this is the case, then the passport for Mr T follows UN laws: Everyone has the human right to have a nationality (passport).

What makes you ask whether Montenegro has revoked or is revoking the passport of Thaksin? Have you got a link to this rumour?

55555! Yes, I have noticed this behaviour by him before. And by someone else. whistling.gif

The Ombudsman Office has determined that the Foreign Ministry is guilty of breaking its very own Foreign Ministry regulations for giving a passport to Thaksin.

They have advised the Foreign Ministry to revoke Thaksin's passport within the next 30 days and to comply with passport regulations in the future.

If the ministry does comply with their recommendation, their report will be forwarded to Parliament.

The Office of the Ombudsman pointed out the Foreign Ministry should have rejected Thaksin's request for a passport as he is on the list of people prohibited from leaving the country.

Pretty well correct except the "they" being threatened is the attempts at democracy to settle in. Also you need a democratic government to start as oppossed to the mafia families and general scum that pass as a government but certainly which is not a democratic one. If it was a democracy the police would be doing their job and the Army would not need to step in. But hey this is Thailand with mostly no morals and values so democracy is a long way off. Hell even look at this item - a convicted fugitive criminal living in Dubal with a passport and running the country from abroad - Amazing Thailand.

It's a hopeful sign that the Ombudsman Office stepped up to publicly recognize that the Foreign Minister broke the rules.

It's additionally hopeful that they have issued a short timeline for his ministry to correct his honest mistake to issue and deliver a passport to a convicted fugitive the day after he asked for it.

It is just the sort of checks and balances needed to maintain democracy and one that has been besieged by all four versions of Thaksin's rule.

The Ombudsman Office has determined that the Foreign Ministry is guilty of breaking its very own Foreign Ministry regulations for giving a passport to Thaksin.

They have advised the Foreign Ministry to revoke Thaksin's passport within the next 30 days and to comply with passport regulations in the future.

If the ministry does comply with their recommendation, their report will be forwarded to Parliament.

The Office of the Ombudsman pointed out the Foreign Ministry should have rejected Thaksin's request for a passport as he is on the list of people prohibited from leaving the country.

Just for clarity, when was this announced and is there some form of officiial announcement on record?

Edited by scorecard

Just for clarity, when was this announced and is there some form of officiial announcement on record?

"Ombudsman rejects Thaksin passport" in the other paper. See Local News.

You ask why a thread has been marked hot because "it has been dead for six months"... and then three months after that you reply to a statement made at the time of your question? bah.gif

If you and phiphidon don't particularly care for updated news on Thailand News Forum threads, please remember that you are under no obligation to participate in them. wink.png

That's particularly true if your participation in them is only to incite off-topic bickering and overly personal nonsense where posters become the topic instead of the topic being the topic. It detracts from those members that are interested in participating in Thailand News Forum threads without trolling and flaming.

Thanks.

Yes, I replied to a post because I got an email saying that someone had quoted my post. In fact, someone had quoted phiphidon's post that had quoted mine. So after reading phiphidon's post, I decided to reply to it. I hope that is OK with you.

I do care to read the news and updated news comment on it.I hope that is also OK with you.

Some posters do become a subject of the news threads because of their blatant, incessant anti-Thaksin stance. It is not trolling or flaming, it is to remind those posters that their non-stop anti-Thaksin posts are becoming tiresome and that maybe they should ease up a bit and do something else with their lives.

You have a problem with consistency? Should we all become morally malleable because our views don't coincide with yours?

• Like 1

You ask why a thread has been marked hot because "it has been dead for six months"... and then three months after that you reply to a statement made at the time of your question? bah.gif

If you and phiphidon don't particularly care for updated news on Thailand News Forum threads, please remember that you are under no obligation to participate in them. wink.png

That's particularly true if your participation in them is only to incite off-topic bickering and overly personal nonsense where posters become the topic instead of the topic being the topic. It detracts from those members that are interested in participating in Thailand News Forum threads without trolling and flaming.

Thanks.

Yes, I replied to a post because I got an email saying that someone had quoted my post. In fact, someone had quoted phiphidon's post that had quoted mine. So after reading phiphidon's post, I decided to reply to it. I hope that is OK with you.

I do care to read the news and updated news comment on it.I hope that is also OK with you.

There's very OK with me.

To that end, perhaps you and others shouldn't berate those that do provide the updates and respond to the actual news update instead of personal baiting posts regarding posters.

Thanks.

Some posters do become a subject of the news threads because of their blatant, incessant anti-Thaksin stance. It is not trolling or flaming, it is to remind those posters that their non-stop anti-Thaksin posts are becoming tiresome and that maybe they should ease up a bit and do something else with their lives.

Did I mention followed up by mock outrage, I think I did.

More nonsense detraction. Try and focus.

The topic is Thailand gives Thaksin a passport with an update that it's been determined that they broke their own rules by doing so.

Edited by Buchholz

"Ombudsman rejects Thaksin passport" in the other paper. See Local News.

Additionally, there's a more recent article on the same issue at the same source that discusses the breaking of the rules more completely.