Samui Airport Website Is Useless

Ok, this might end up as a Bandit Airways rant from the mods, but my complaint is the Samui airport website. ( http://www.samuiairp...m/flight-status )

Two days ago, friends flying in from Bangkok. Due at 8.50 pm. Checked the above website at 8.30 pm. It said - "flight delayed to 9.01 pm".

Lie. When I got to the airport 10 minutes later It was due in at 9.42 pm. My friends said that they were still on the tarmac in Bangkok at 9 pm

Just now, 11.57pm a flight took off. Surprised at this, I checked the web-site - no flights after 11.26 pm. (Yes - I heard that one too.)

So what is the point of having a website to provide us with information, if the information is a lie?

By the way - whilst waiting for my friends, I was talking to a local car hire/taxi friend. He was there to pick up some clients for me who were also late. He said "I always call a friend who works at airport and he tells me when flights are late. Internet no good".

Why bother?

By the way, the reason that I was checking the Samui airport site was to also check on the clients who were flying in from Singapore. The theory was - two flights on one web-site.

Edited by Tropicalevo

maybe they are just lazy. if you are not spending money on them then they do not spend time updating people with flight infor because the people needing the info are peoaple waiting at the airport

That's the whole point BigC...if it takes 10 mins to drive to the airport then you're not going to go there if you know the flight is an hour late!

Edit: Lazy? Bone idle more like...

Edited by smokie36

i too had a good experience with the flightstats website linked above, about two weeks ago when my mom flew in. she had called to let me know the flight was slightly delayed. we still arrived at samui airport on time to pick her up anyway and the arrival board showed them as on time. i ended up googling samui flight times and found flightstats who informed me that her flight would be fifteen minutes delayed and sure enough, they arrived fifteen minutes later. should note that the normal flight time from bkk to samui is approx forty five minutes, when i say they were delayed by fifteen minutes, i am referring to the posted travel time of around one hour and five minutes.

good link, very useful if you are using the airport.