SurfRider

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Thank-you very much for taking the time to do that."

Likewise, MJCM - I can't imagine how you did that, but I doubt that Sophon even has a list that comprehensive! -- When I asked their VP for a list of the new channels, he couldn't supply one.

Maybe you should offer it to them in exchange for knocking a few months off your Cable bill . . . wai.gif

Thanks Guys, but as usual this was a useless exercise as Sophon did again do a Channel Reshuffle, so that list is not 100% accurate anymore :(

I will compose a new list but will do it after the new year after Sophon has stopped doing their reshuffling and has gone up to a total of 100 (as promised) Channels.

So stay tuned ;) And a Happy New Year to you all.

Likewise, MJCM - I can't imagine how you did that, but I doubt that Sophon even has a list that comprehensive! -- When I asked their VP for a list of the new channels, he couldn't supply one.

Maybe you should offer it to them in exchange for knocking a few months off your Cable bill . . . wai.gif

Thanks Guys, but as usual this was a useless exercise as Sophon did again do a Channel Reshuffle, so that list is not 100% accurate anymore sad.png

I will compose a new list but will do it after the new year after Sophon has stopped doing their reshuffling and has gone up to a total of 100 (as promised) Channels.

So stay tuned wink.png And a Happy New Year to you all.

Any chance you can also include the fre

Thanks Guys, but as usual this was a useless exercise as Sophon did again do a Channel Reshuffle, so that list is not 100% accurate anymore sad.png

So stay tuned wink.png And a Happy New Year to you all.

Would be really grateful if you could also include the frequency/MHz for the channels as my tv does not have an automatic channel search.

Would be really grateful if you could also include the frequency/MHz for the channels as my tv does not have an automatic channel search.

I don't think I can, as I only see the following info on a channel per channel basis (Example used Nr 21: Sophon Info Channel)

Storage: 21

System: BG

Band: V/UHF

Channel: 12

Typical Thai Logic, let's do this change which sophon was obviously prepared for as a lot of channels are still not working and in peak season when we have the most viewers in Pattaya at any one time so, as many guest houses etc have sophon as true is too expensive

Typical Thai Logic, let's do this change which sophon was obviously prepared for as a lot of channels are still not working and in peak season when we have the most viewers in Pattaya at any one time so, as many guest houses etc have sophon as true is too expensive

Most of the original channels are still working, but they maybe moved up or down a couple of places. He, TiT .... :)

Whats the alternative to Sophon ? Getting fed up with the limited English speaking channels and the content. Due to pay my subscription tomoro 1,800 for 6 months.

I got the 1800 for 6 months deal last February, but when I renewed in August it was 2250 for 7 months (1 month free). Have they brought the old deal back or are you just assuming it will still be the same?

"I got the 1800 for 6 months deal last February, but when I renewed in August it was 2250 for 7 months"

Somebody is padding your bill. I've paid 3000 Baht yearly for the past 5 years -- that's the actual basic Sophon charge.

If you're in a condo-- possibly the owner, rental agent, or condo office is skimming anything above 3000 Baht. My rental agent got away with that for a couple of years, charging 3600 and paying the office 3000 - until I caught on to what was happening.

If you're in a condo-- possibly the owner, rental agent, or condo office is skimming anything above 3000 Baht. My rental agent got away with that for a couple of years, charging 3600 and paying the office 3000 - until I caught on to what was happening.

Par for the course. Always assume that any agent or intermediary here is padding your bills and that way you will never be surprised.

The owner of my condo pays the Sophon cable charge, which amounts to 3000B as far as I know.

Whats the alternative to Sophon ? Getting fed up with the limited English speaking channels and the content. Due to pay my subscription tomoro 1,800 for 6 months.

I got the 1800 for 6 months deal last February, but when I renewed in August it was 2250 for 7 months (1 month free). Have they brought the old deal back or are you just assuming it will still be the same?

I’ve been paying 1800 per 6 months for a while. Last June I also got the 7 month instead of 6 promotion, still 1800 Baht.

Next bill to arrive January, will be interesting to see if it’s still 1800, or if they’ve indeed upped the price.

Do you pay the actual Sophon bill, or do you pay an intermediary?

Here is a new update for the Sophon Channels after a channel Re-Scan just now

1 Thai Channel

2 English Movies Channel

3 Thai Info Channel

4 Spring News Thai Channel

5 TGN Thai Channel

6 Fashion TV

7 Russian Language Channel

8 Chonburi 1 (Thai Channel)

9 Test Channel

10 Next Step Documentary Channel Thai

11 Pattaya People Channel

12 Next Step Music Lifestyle

13 Cartoon Club

14 Sophon Thai Movie Channel

15 Channel 3 Thai

16 Channel 5 Thai

17 Channel 7 Thai

18 Channel 9 Thai

19 NBTV Thai

20 Thai PBS

21 Sophon Info Channel & Thai Movie Channel

22 Russian Language Channel

23 Rai Italia (Italian Language Channel)

24 BBC World

25 Aljazeera

26 Channel News Asia

27 Fox News

28 English Movies

29 Bloomberg

30 Test Channel

31 Russian Language Channel

32 Astro Supersport 2

33 V Channel (Music Channel)

34 Austrialia Network

35 Euro Sport

36 Golf Channel

37 Astro Supersport

38 English Movies (Thai Voice)

39 Pattaya Channel

40 Zee TV (Indian Language Channel)

41 Test Channel

42 English Movies

43 Cartoons

44 Universal Channel

45 Kids Co

46 SyFi

47 DW-TV (German Language Channel)

48 BVN (Dutch Language Channel)

49 NHK World (Japanase Language Channel)

50 Sophon Sport Channel

51 Russian Language Channel

52 TCI Channel (Thai & Chinese Language Channel)

53 ASTV (Thai Info)

54 Fan TV (Thai Music)

55 Voice TV (Thai)

56 DNN Channel (Thai)

57 Asia Live (Thai)

58 Health Plus Channel (Thai)

59 Arabian Language Channel

60 CCTV 4 (Chinese Language Channel)

61 Russian Language Channel

62 TV 5 Monde (French Language Channel)

63 ACT Channel (Thai)

64 Pattaya City Radio Channel

65 Money Channel (Thai)

66 Euro Sport (From G-MM Grammy)

67 Grand Prix Channel (Thai)

68 ASN Sports

69 Test Channel

70 Loekteung Channel (Thai Music)

71 DMC Channel (Religious Channel)

72 Live Dude TV (Thai)

73 Live Miti 4 (Thai)

74 Live Pop Culture (Thai & Asian Music)

75 Live Thai Chai Yoo (Thai Music)

76 Zaa Network (Thai)

77 Miracle Channel (Thai)

78 TV Pool Channel

79 Channel ! (Thai)

Edited by MJCM

I’ve been paying 1800 per 6 months for a while. Last June I also got the 7 month instead of 6 promotion, still 1800 Baht.

Next bill to arrive January, will be interesting to see if it’s still 1800, or if they’ve indeed upped the price.

I pay the bill personally at the Sophon office. I specifically asked about the 1800 for 6 months deal in August but it was not available.

"I got the 1800 for 6 months deal last February, but when I renewed in August it was 2250 for 7 months"

Somebody is padding your bill. I've paid 3000 Baht yearly for the past 5 years -- that's the actual basic Sophon charge.

Do the calculations. I'm paying 321.43 baht per month at 2250 for 7 months. If someone had been padding it they were making peanuts in the process.

No, I pay it directly to Sophon.

"I'm paying 321.43 baht per month at 2250 for 7 months"

That calcs to over 3800 per year. It appears that Sophon is giving different deals to different customers. Possibly a condo that provides hundreds of customers to sophon and collects the yearly fee at their office (as opposed to monthly) gets a better price than an individual dealing directly with Sophon (just a guess)

What I can tell you for certain, is that Sophon charges 3000 per year for a cable connection in my building and my rental agent had been padding it by 600 Baht until I learned about the scam when the office accidentally delivered the yearly bill directly to me instead of the rental agent. She called a couple of weeks later and wanted 3600 Baht - I told her I had already paid the office directly. I just paid it again a few days ago for 2012 -- 3000 Baht.

I pay the bill personally at the Sophon office. I specifically asked about the 1800 for 6 months deal in August but it was not available.

Thanks for clarifying that, seems that Sophon must have raised their prices in July or August then.

"I'm paying 321.43 baht per month at 2250 for 7 months"

That calcs to over 3800 per year. It appears that Sophon is giving different deals to different customers. Possibly a condo that provides hundreds of customers to sophon and collects the yearly fee at their office (as opposed to monthly) gets a better price than an individual dealing directly with Sophon (just a guess)

What I can tell you for certain, is that Sophon charges 3000 per year for a cable connection in my building and my rental agent had been padding it by 600 Baht until I learned about the scam when the office accidentally delivered the yearly bill directly to me instead of the rental agent. She called a couple of weeks later and wanted 3600 Baht - I told her I had already paid the office directly. I just paid it again a few days ago for 2012 -- 3000 Baht.

Perhaps the yearly price (for me) would be 3000 baht. I didn't enquire about the yearly price because I don't want to pay that far ahead.

I'm in a townhouse.

I can't find Bloomberg Business angry.png

I have it next up from Fox News. 'New' stuff is all crap.

Fred, I think you need to do a Channel Re-Scan, :)

Bloomberg is on 29, Fox News is on 27 and in between on 28 is Sophon English Movie Channel

The new list I made this morning: http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4945493 is still accurate

Edited by MJCM

As promised here a new Sophon channel listing as of just now (still 80 channels in total)

1 Thai Channel

2 Sophon English Movies Channel

3 Thai Info Channel

4 Spring News Thai Channel

5 Test Channel (Just static)

6 TGN Thai Channel

7 Fashion TV

8 Russian Language Channel

9 Chonburi 1 (Thai Channel)

10 Sophon Movie Channel (Thai Voice)

11 Next Step Documentary Channel Thai

12 Pattaya People Channel

13 Next Step Music Lifestyle

14 Cartoon Club

15 MV 5 Channel (Thai)

16 Channel 3 Thai

17 Channel 5 Thai

18 Channel 7 Thai

19 Channel 9 Thai

20 NBTV Thai

21 Thai PBS

22 Sophon Info Channel & Thai Movie Channel

23 Russian Language Channel

24 Rai Italia (Italian Language Channel)

25 BBC World

26 Aljazeera

27 Channel News Asia

28 Fox News

29 English Movies

30 Bloomberg

31 Russian Language Channel

32 Russian Language Channel

33 Astro Supersport 2

34 V Channel (Music Channel)

35 Austrialia Network

36 Euro Sport

37 Golf Channel

38 Astro Supersport

39 English Movies (Thai Voice)

40 Pattaya Channel

41 Zee TV (Indian Language Channel)

42 Test Channel

43 English Movies

44 Cartoons

45 Universal Channel

46 Kids Co

47 SyFi

48 DW-TV (German Language Channel)

49 BVN (Dutch Language Channel)

50 NHK World (Japanase Language Channel)

51 Sophon Sport Redio Channel

52 Russian Language Channel

53 TCI Channel (Thai & Chinese Language Channel)

54 ASTV (Thai Info)

55 Fan TV (Thai Music)

56 Voice TV (Thai)

57 DNN Channel (Thai)

58 Asia Live (Thai)

59 Health Plus Channel (Thai)

60 Arabian Language Channel

61 CCTV 4 (Chinese Language Channel)

62 Russian Language Channel

63 TV 5 Monde (French Language Channel)

64 ACT Channel (Thai)

65 Pattaya City Radio Channel

66 Money Channel (Thai)

67 Euro Sport (Most of the time not Working)

68 Grand Prix Channel (Thai)

69 ASN Sports

70 Test Channel

71 Loekteung Channel (Thai Music)

72 DMC Channel (Religious Channel)

73 Live Dude TV (Thai)

74 Live Miti 4 (Thai)

75 Live Pop Culture (Thai & Asian Music)

76 Live Thai Chai Yoo (Thai Music)

77 Zaa Network (Thai)

78 Miracle Channel (Thai)

79 TV Pool Channel

80 Channel ! (Thai)

Edited by MJCM

I doubt there will ever be an exact consensus on channel numbers.

For example, my tuner picks up Fox on Ch. 27 and Bloomberg on 29 -- My Panasonic TV sees Fox as the 42nd channel it found, which it claims is being broadcast on channel 95 -- And Bloomberg the 44th channel on Ch. 97 -- The Panasonic is MUCH more sensitive and found many more channels than the TV Tuner, but I had to manually delete many of them because the signal was too weak.

The lower numbers are obviously the accurate ones -- apparently these are sequence numbers, not actual channel numbers -- Yours appears to have seen Fox as the 28th channel it found, where mine is 27 -- Probably my tuner saw one earlier channel as too weak and skipped it (just guessing).

Since Sophon claims they're shooting for 100 channels, it would be interesting to learn what actual channel numbers they claim Fox and Bloomberg are broadcast on.

I doubt there will ever be an exact consensus on channel numbers.

Agreed.

The lower numbers are obviously the accurate ones -- apparently these are sequence numbers, not actual channel numbers -- Yours appears to have seen Fox as the 28th channel it found, where mine is 27 -- Probably my tuner saw one earlier channel as too weak and skipped it (just guessing).

What does your tuner find on nr 5 ? My televisions find a Channel over there (But it's only static so no test screen what so ever)

Edit: //

I'm just making this list because there is no real official list and it only takes around 5-10 mins of my time (most of that time goes into the Channel Re-Scan laugh.png

Edited by MJCM

The TV-Tuner sees channel 5 as TGN -- ThaiTvGlobal.com -- apparently a Thai entertainment channel.

The Panasonic sees ch. 5n as something that looks also like Thai culture or entertainment, but a different one -- thaiorientalbeauty.com

Not sure if the websites they were displaying relate to the channel or the program that was broadcasting when I checked, but both were completely different channels and both on Ch. 5

I suspect that your scans will be accurate for the vast majority of people reading this thread, so your time and trouble in posting them is greatly appreciated. If Sophon ever comes out with their listing of whatever channels they think they're broadcasting on (not holding my breath), it will be interesting to make a comparison.

It all depends on which bands your tuner is scanning, and where it is starting in the band. This will vary from device to device.

What is clear is that there are fewer English channels than there were previously (not that there were ever that many), and more Russian and Thai channels.

Thin end of the wedge?

It all depends on which bands your tuner is scanning, and where it is starting in the band. This will vary from device to device.

What is clear is that there are fewer English channels than there were previously (not that there were ever that many), and more Russian and Thai channels.

Thin end of the wedge?

Glass half empty??