9 Month Visa, 12 Month Air Ticket ?

Friend is visiting soon and asks if they will have any problems boarding or entering Thailand.

They have been issued the triple entry tourist Visa, but their air ticket is a 12 month one.

I'm unsure if any restrictions may apply, or if they may even need to book another flight in between,to cover them.

Their plan was to visit penang, Malaysia and Singapore for a couple of months, after their triple Visa ran out, then fly back in to Thailand getting 30 days on arrival Visa, before finally returning to UK.

Bit of a puzzler really.

Happy new year to you all.

No problem at all. Since they have a visa, the airline counter person will not look at the return ticket, and immigration in Thailand will not ask for a return flight either.

I typically travel to Thailand on a one-way ticket, and never had any issues, usually I do have to point out my visa at check-in.

Happy New Year!

The flight out of Thailand is an AIRLINE thing and nothing to do with immigration. If you have a valid visa there is NO problem anywhere.

A triple entry visa will cover the 9 months no problem with 30 day extensions to each 60 day entry and then the 30 day on arrival for the final leg is fine too.

No issues, have fun and enjoy.