Does She Really Care (Thai Gf)

ttthailand

You hear all this talk about going to the village with gf to meet the family. I have went a few times before with other girls but my current gf who I have known for a long time and now is staying with me is shy to have me meet her family in person. I am 54 she is 20. she talks to her mother and father when I am in room and they know for sure that she is staying with me. She said her mother is shy and don't want local people to think she a bar girl. She comes from an ok family...not poor but not rich. Any ideas ??? Can she care about me but yet not want me to go to the village ?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before the flamers wake up and get going I can only say that your post doesn't give enough information to go on. How long have you known this girl? Where did you meet her? How long has she been your GF?

If she is only 20, it might be her first time in the bar scene and she doesn't yet know the ropes. Bit more info would help.

Edited by SimonD

would you like your daughter of 20 bringing back an old ferang older then you ??? ..... you cannot be serious this is a relationship of love? ... she is 20 for christ sake .... and you say you have been with her a long time? .... how long, as i sure hope it is less then 2 years..

get real .you are older than her parents .if it was in the uk . what would you think if your daughter turned up with a guy your age .the rest of the village will be having a laught behind there backs and they will loose face .i just hope she dose not have a lot of brothers.who might give you a talking too . if you know what i mean .move on james hat yai coffee1.gif

A couple weeks ago you were saying that you had planted crops on the family farm and the locals were stealing all the food from the trees in the night, and even stole the shiny cds you hung up to scare away the elephants from the mango trees. whistling.gif

A couple weeks ago you were saying that you had planted crops on the family farm and the locals were stealing all the food from the trees in the night, and even stole the shiny cds you hung up to scare away the elephants from the mango trees. whistling.gif

http://www.thaivisa....34#entry4915834

Not to mention his other topic

http://www.thaivisa....06#entry4874706

How to get ex-customers contacing his girlfriend.

Troll or incredibly stupid.

This guy's a real piece of work, isn't he? Wonder what his story is. Craves attention? Psychopath? TV seems to attract these types of guys all too often. Hard to figure out who's credible anymore.

http://www.thaivisa....34#entry4915834

Not to mention his other topic

http://www.thaivisa....06#entry4874706

How to get ex-customers contacing his girlfriend.

Troll or incredibly stupid.

This guy's a real piece of work, isn't he? Wonder what his story is. Craves attention? Psychopath? TV seems to attract these types of guys all too often. Hard to figure out who's credible anymore.

caught out by his own past Posts! :lol:

sounds like a late night beer posting

Not withstanding whether this particular OP is genuine or not, I have been surprised by the general reaction.

Is such an age difference that difficult to believe possible in a relationship in Thailand?

I have been following Mobi's blog, a poster on this form from time to time, and I am aware that at 65 yo, he is presently with a 31 yo Thai woman, and has been for over a year. So that makes it a 34 year age difference in his case, exactly the same as the one everyone is immediately dismissing here. And Mobi has posted photos of his GF on his blog following a recent trip to Bangkok. (Mobi, if you are reading this, a good blog BTW)

Anyway, not being in Thailand at present, was curious as to the reaction. When I was in Thailand, I certainly saw couples with this sort of age difference - not judging whether it is right or wrong, just making an observation on how this seems to be being dismissed out of hand as being even remotely possible.

Edited by expatdreamer

@expatdreamer

Even in Thailand its highly unlikely unless there is money involved. It does happen on occasion but more often then not its all about the money. Once you live here you will learn

It does happen now and again but not as often as people want to believe. Girls here want money or security and then accept an older guy. I don't call that love i call that a kept woman.

Not withstanding whether this particular OP is genuine or not, I have been surprised by the general reaction.

Is such an age difference that difficult to believe possible in a relationship in Thailand?

I have been following Mobi's blog, a poster on this form from time to time, and I am aware that at 65 yo, he is presently with a 31 yo Thai woman, and has been for over a year. So that makes it a 34 year age difference in his case, exactly the same as the one everyone is immediately dismissing here. And Mobi has posted photos of his GF on his blog following a recent trip to Bangkok. (Mobi, if you are reading this, a good blog BTW)

Anyway, not being in Thailand at present, was curious as to the reaction. When I was in Thailand, I certainly saw couples with this sort of age difference - not judging whether it is right or wrong, just making an observation on how this seems to be being dismissed out of hand as being even remotely possible.

Did you see couples or did you see bargirls, gold diggers, 'girlfriends' who are faithful ;) who their sponsors have to send money to ?

When a girl hits thirty here very few Thai men will be interested, twenty is a whole different matter. Real boyfriends their own age or sugar daddies.

The same thing on age applies with the girls desire to be hanging around in loud bars getting drunk and on the hunt every night.

When you go to meet the family - you are meeting the entire village. Or a large portion at least. If you haven't shown her that you're serious, chances are she doesn't want to take a chance it's a one time deal. Contrary to the belief of many, some of these girls really do want to leave the bar. You're going to take her back to meet the parents and allow her to go back to the bar ???? Before you do meet her family you really should make up your mind regarding your intentions with this girl. Why meet them if you're not ready to settle down. When you are ready - a couple baht of gold never hurt..........hahahahahhaaaaa

Most of you guys sound like you have never been to Thailand before. I am by far not the only guy who stays with a young girl. 34 years difference in age in America or England may be a little silly but here it is not a problem. I met this girl when she was 19 ( will be 21 soon) and have been seeing her off and on for the last 1 and half years. As I had a gf in the village for many years this one was my Geek. Her and I decided that we would give it a shot and see if we can live together. So far a little over a month with a few little problems but for the most part we get along great. We have lots of fun together, movies, bowling, dinner, computer games, the beach, cooking, cards( 500 rummy), etc etc.... She nor I smoke or drink much and we enjoy hanging out together. I am a young 54...sometimes people think 40 and she looks young but is very smart for her age. Sure, she does not work so I am her support, so what ! She tells me she loves me and I care greatly for her. Loves my money maybe but also I think she really cares. One more bit of info....about one year ago we tried to stay together but it did not work out as I was traveling to much. So my question was basically, if they don't invite you to the village do they really care.

Most of you guys sound like you have never been to Thailand before. I am by far not the only guy who stays with a young girl. 34 years difference in age in America or England may be a little silly but here it is not a problem. I met this girl when she was 19 ( will be 21 soon) and have been seeing her off and on for the last 1 and half years. As I had a gf in the village for many years this one was my Geek. Her and I decided that we would give it a shot and see if we can live together. So far a little over a month with a few little problems but for the most part we get along great. We have lots of fun together, movies, bowling, dinner, computer games, the beach, cooking, cards( 500 rummy), etc etc.... She nor I smoke or drink much and we enjoy hanging out together. I am a young 54...sometimes people think 40 and she looks young but is very smart for her age. Sure, she does not work so I am her support, so what ! She tells me she loves me and I care greatly for her. Loves my money maybe but also I think she really cares. One more bit of info....about one year ago we tried to stay together but it did not work out as I was traveling to much. So my question was basically, if they don't invite you to the village do they really care.

Does she care about you? No. You are 54 years old and have to ask this??

You might not be the only one who stays with a girl a 30 years younger, but so what? You still have a 34 year old age gap, even at your 'young 54'. Of course she doesnt care about you in any meaningful way. She is too young to have fully developed emotions and experience. There is a massive gap in worldly experience that can't be filled. She cares about your wallet, sure. She doesn't want u to meet her parents because she is embarrassed, and well she might be.

I have no issue with men who date women much younger than themselves, each to their own I say. But have a reality check, they aren't with you for your sparkling personality!

ok guys.... lets forget the age part for a minute and say for the sake of discussion that I was 30 and she was 20. If you both knew each other for over a year and she was living with you for over a month would you say something was wrong if she did not invite you to visit her village and meet her family in person ?

get real .you are older than her parents .if it was in the uk . what would you think if your daughter turned up with a guy your age .the rest of the village will be having a laught behind there backs and they will loose face .i just hope she dose not have a lot of brothers.who might give you a talking too . if you know what i mean .move on james hat yai coffee1.gif

What if it was Mick Jagger ?

@ expatdreamer

Not so much about the age difference than the age of the "gf". 20 years old, just a kid. In your example the woman in question was at least 31.

Edited by Semper