• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ohhh ohhh a gooner perhaps?

:D

If so then an even more special welcome. Haha. Now I'm gonna get told off by some for differential treatment

Come join us at the footie forum :D

Greeting fellow earthlings,

My name is Ananda and I come from this Amazing Planet called Earth. I have been spiraling out on nomadic treks throughout SE Asia to discover the sacred Truth of Life and to do so some Planeteering on the way. Pleasure to meet everyone out there! If you can Change one mind, save one life, one day at a time than YOU can BE the DIfference!

Edited by AnandaSatvha

Greeting fellow earthlings,

My name is Ananda and I come from this Amazing Planet called Earth. I have been spiraling out on nomadic treks throughout SE Asia to discover the sacred Truth of Life and to do so some Planeteering on the way. Pleasure to meet everyone out there! If you can Change one mind, save one life, one day at a time than YOU can BE the DIfference!

Welcome back to planet Earth! clap2.gif

Hello every one, I am a newbie on Thai Vista, very happy with all the answers I find here. Like many I fell in love with Thailand its customs, way of live. Of course, fell in love with a Thai Lady too, even with her family :-) I plan to sell every-things here in France, my house my boat (since I am living on my boat for seven years in south of France) One of my best friend is married with a Thai girl for ten years they have a 6 years little boy, so I am aware of the difficulties ahead (I mean as far as laws and visas for instance are concerned) I spend long time every single day on Thai Vista, but most of the time I dare not participate on forums threads because I am not an English native speaker even thought I have a British passport, orphan I went to Belgium when a toddler, then lived in France most of my live, so I lack confidence with my writing a decent English :-)

I am a Buddhist for 20 years, went to a wat with my girl friend to be blessed by a monks and recently decided to move once for all in Thailand. come what may! Kind regards every one. Georges

Welcome to the forum Georges

Your English seems more than fine to me. Besides we have many non native English speakers on the forum :)

Hello,

My name is Rob, and I am working in thaland for a few years now.

I am always using this forum when i need some info about thailand so I decided to register and to become an active part of the community !

Hope to become an interesting contributor :)

Rob

Hey. New member. I'm planning on marrying my Thai g/f in January, buying some land (her name, I understand) somewhere IVO Nang Bua Lam Phu - maybe Loei - then head back to USA to finish up some business. Then upon return (maybe a few years down the road) build and settle down. Things are fluid: wedding is a long ways off, and a lot could change. Regardless, it seeme this is a fairly comprehensive imformation resource as I try to get my bearings. Apologies in advance to the "experts" who think my questions aren't worthy of a civil response.

Hi everyone. How are you guys?

Well, I am a 24 years old Swiss living in Bangkok. I am married and have 1 son. For living, I am running (ofcourse) a language school. I am since long time a reader of this forum and finally decided to join the community to ask several question. I am active in another Forum, because there i can speak (write) in my mothertongue what's easier for me. Well, I have many plans for Thailand and soon I will come up for some questions and l am looking forward to a peacefull conversation with you guys/girls. Sorry for my English, but don't worry, I am not a English Teacher smile.png))

Edited by mrbangkok

Well, I am a 24 years old Swiss living in Bangkok. I am married and have 1 son. For living, I am running (ofcourse) a language school. I am since long time a reader of this forum and finally decided to join the community to ask several question. I am active in another Forum, because there i can speak (write) in my mothertongue what's easier for me. Well, I have many plans for Thailand and soon I will come up for some questions and l am looking forward to a peacefull conversation with you guys/girls. Sorry for my English, but don't worry, I am not a English Teacher smile.png))

Welcome, and don't worry, l am English and my English is crap. laugh.png

Hello all, not only new to this forum but forums in general, read them occaisionly for consumer advice etc but never actually joined one.

But im now in need of some real advice. Ive just got back from a 10 night trip to Thailand, first time. Went to Pattaya with a friend from work on a last minute thing. Knew a few lads that had been before and had a fair idea what went on so though yeah ill have some. Needless to say id barely got from taxi to my hotel before i find out first hand. Got straight involved and carried on in that way for 3 nights non stop. Great fun. Then one night i wanted a bit of time to myself and went for a walk to find a bar that i could just walk into normally. Found one ordered a drink and sat down, then after 5 minutes a pretty thing comes over. We get chatting, she speaks good english which is a bonus, buy her a drink and decide to bar fine her, which she seemed quite suprised at.

Anyway we go back its all great i take her number and see her next day. Then the next day. Going out seeing things day then going to her bar at night. This carries on for the rest of my trip and im starting to fall for her, which i never thought would happen. Then the drama came. Spare all the details but basically I went in with a condom on and came out without one. Panic breaks obviously and we go to chemist to buy tablets. Guessing its a Thai morning after pill but it was 80 bht so cant be anything special. We see each other non stop until i go home and have become really close. Im home and we talk fb skype constantly and she's still unsure about her period she should be due on. I dont know what to do or say. I geniunely feel for the girl and im sure its mutual, ive told her pretty much everything about myself and she understands. Im not well off, i work and get by ok but have no savings or dont own my house.

Shes not mad about moving to england just getting out of pattaya so there cant really be any ulterior motives. She would never get a visa anyway. So that leaves me. Theres nothing in england for me, as i say average job etc. so i have no qualms about moving to thailand, one to do the right thing by her and child and two for a better life. But im not sure what i can do, teaching looks my only option, which i think i might enjoy. I understand that most people who read this are gonna piss themselves laughing and think what a mug, first time etc etc. But its a situation im in and ive gotta deal with it. Thanks for your time any one who read all the way through and i look forward to any advice on anything people think i might need to know. Cheers again.

Hi redic. Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here! clap2.gif

Edit: You should cut and paste most of that and post it on the General Topics area....I'm sure lots of advice will be coming your way...both good and bad.

Mine is...get a pregnancy test and have the result sent to you by the hospital. Have fun! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there thought I had better introduce my self the names Steve I have been living in Thailand on and off for the last 33 years started off in the south of Thailand Surat yala hua hin hat Yai to name a few of the places I've stayed I used to do a bit of teaching on and off just to eak out the money but mostly I used to do 4 or 5 months work in the uk then spend the rest of the year enjoying my self you could do that then in the good old days so anyway to cut a long story short I ended up working at the Cambodian refugee camp in surin Provence around 1988-9 where I met my first wife and 3 wife's and 4 kids later here I still am in surin I've seen your forum for many years and always intended to join but as I didn't have any Internet conection until. Just recently I hav'nt bothered so now I'm here I can give my two penny's worth every now and again and hope to contribute to your forum

Welcome also Surin Steve.

I have a soft spot for Surin. My first good friend came from there and I have travelled to the Elephant Round-Up previously and contemplating taking my sister this year.

Hope you enjoy having a chat with all of us ... biggrin.png

Welcome steve and redlc7 :)

Steve you seem to have been to some different places around the country :) would be interesting to hear what they were like in those days

Redlc - all the best

Thanks Mig16. Good news is were all clear with the baby (phew!) Bad news is I'm stuck in England and hating it. At least I have a bit more time to think about what to do now. I'll be back if I need any more advice or information in the future.thumbsup.gif

Hahaha.... Hello mrbangkok,

Which idiot says your English is poor? Always remember language doesn't matters thinking about it will be matters... So lets chill, Your English is ok, its not just ok it will be fine... keep posting continue, thanks.

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie on this forum. This forum has been very helpful and informative so far from getting information about places to eat to finding a place to stay.

I'm originally from Singapore. Looking forward to meet forumers who likes playing basketball, tennis or any sort of sports.

I'm all alone in Bangkok with no friends and hope I can make some new ones in this forum!

:)

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie on this forum. This forum has been very helpful and informative so far from getting information about places to eat to finding a place to stay.

I'm originally from Singapore. Looking forward to meet forumers who likes playing basketball, tennis or any sort of sports.

I'm all alone in Bangkok with no friends and hope I can make some new ones in this forum!

smile.png

Hello Sampling,

Welcome here, and dont feel lonely becuase I am the first friend of you in this forum. Nice to meet you. Stay connected and keep posting here.

Hello all!

After an absence I'm back to checkout all that T.V has to offer, and in how it differs from other sites.

Looking forward to making a pal or two along the way.

Best regards,

yordyiam.

How it differs from other sites? Well its about Thailand and has some great parties sometimes...

Hi every one,

I am from New York City,

I am fall in love with thai girl for like 3 months but we were chatting on facebook for like 18 months.

hope to share all the experiences from thailand....

best regards....

Don't jump....leap!!

Welcome to Thaivisa everyone!

WPFflags.gif

Oh yes, we've taken your advice....

We looked at Thailand 4 weeks ago on the Net, and we have never been there before.

Now we are moving as a family lock-stock-and-Barrel within the next week. I hope that, that is "leap" enough for you :)

I am from Yorkshire, therefore I concede that your "England!" will always be superior to mine :)