Drop Down Menus Hidden By Ads

wayned

I might have just found the problem with the ads covering the menus. I am running XP and IE8. One thing that they added to IE8 was a new mode called "compatibility view". It supposedly allows content for older websites to still work on IE8. With compatibility view turned on, the drop down menus are hidden behind the ads, with it turned off they function normally. IE9 has the same function incorporated,. It is very easy to turn on "compatibility view" without knowing it. There is a new button added in the navigation bar just to the right of the address bar. It looks like a piece of torn paper. If it is on, the menus are hidden, if it is off the menus are ok. It can also be turned on/off in the "tools" menu. This might be the problem that some are experiencing with the menus if they are using IE8 or 9.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I use IE9 and when going to the opening page of www.thaivisa.com the currency exchange amounts can not be fully seen...it's like the number partially word warp and bottom half of the numbers are cut off. If I click compatibility mode they display properly.

However, my putting www.thaivisa.com in compatibility view mode when I go to other ThaiVisa pages like the Forum pages and then I click the pull-down arrow next to my name in order to see my My Content, My Profile, etc., this pull down menu disappears behind the ads. I then turn off compatibility mode and the menu appears in front of the ads to where I can use it. So, since most of my time is in the Forum pages and I'm always referring to My Content I just leave compatibility mode turned off that way I only have the above mentioned viewing problem with the Thaivisa opening page. This problem appeared with the recent ThaiVisa upgrade.

You should not use compatibility mode when browsing thaivisa.

Correct, I do not use compatibility mode when browsing ThaiVisa "except for the main opening page of www.thaivisa.com and I want to see the currency exchange rates in the top right corner." If I don't temporarily switch to compatibility mode for the opening page the top right hand corner looks like below:

post-55970-0-21631100-1326797283_thumb.j

So, instead of going into compatibility mode just to see the exchange rate and then having to turn off compatibility mode before browsing all the other Thaivisa pages, I just click on the right hand corner exchange rate area of the screen to open up the detailed exchange rate page. Didn't have to do this before the recent ThaiVisa upgrade...the exchange rates didn't display like I show in above image.

You should not use compatibility mode when browsing thaivisa.

Correct, I do not use compatibility mode when browsing ThaiVisa "except for the main opening page of www.thaivisa.com and I want to see the currency exchange rates in the top right corner." If I don't temporarily switch to compatibility mode for the opening page the top right hand corner looks like below:

post-55970-0-21631100-1326797283_thumb.j

So, instead of going into compatibility mode just to see the exchange rate and then having to turn off compatibility mode before browsing all the other Thaivisa pages, I just click on the right hand corner exchange rate area of the screen to open up the detailed exchange rate page. Didn't have to do this before the recent ThaiVisa upgrade...the exchange rates didn't display like I show in above image.

I understand your hardship. We will soon revamp the main site so it wouldn't be an issue soon.

Cheers

• Like 1

A few extra clicks is really no hardship...just wanted to identify this minor visual display issue that didn't exist before the upgrade...I know upgrades can come with all kinds of little glitches to fix. Cheers

Edited by Pib

It sure would be nice if the forum pages had a link that would take a person all the way back to the www.thaivisa.com opening page (i.e., I call this the Home page). I know we have the icon in the top left hand corner to take a person back to the Main Forum page but no Home page link.

Many times I like to go all the way back to the www.thaivisa.com home page and it would be nice to be able to do that by just clicking a Home page link versus manually adjusting the address line, using a history pull-down,etc.

Why doesn't ThaiVisa have a Home page link on all its forum pages? Or has such a link been right before my eyes all these years...I've been biten by snakes before. Cheers.

It sure would be nice if the forum pages had a link that would take a person all the way back to the www.thaivisa.com opening page (i.e., I call this the Home page). I know we have the icon in the top left hand corner to take a person back to the Main Forum page but no Home page link.

Many times I like to go all the way back to the www.thaivisa.com home page and it would be nice to be able to do that by just clicking a Home page link versus manually adjusting the address line, using a history pull-down,etc.

Why doesn't ThaiVisa have a Home page link on all its forum pages? Or has such a link been right before my eyes all these years...I've been biten by snakes before. Cheers.

Home page link will be linked when the the new revamped main site is ready.

Here we go again, wake up tomorrow and be "surprised" with a new home page designed by a bunch of software geeks, on offense intended, but if the shoe fits? They obviously know what is best for their subscribers and don't ask for any input beforehand.