Yingluck's No-Show Raises Democrat Ire In House

webfact

Apart from not wanting once again to look amazingly uninformed in public, the real answer to the question of why she's absent is, what's the budget debate in Parliament got to do with bringing big brother back home???

BTW, I saw a beauty salon for sale the other day down by the Emporium.... Perhaps an opportunity for career advancement there...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all true to form I'm afraid.

The PTP doesn't give a stuff about the South.

The budget meeting was another case where she was required to not attand so she can plead complete ignorance (huh.png ) afterwards because something controversial was being discussed or someone might have asked her some pertinent questions.

Spot on again.

Wonder if gk with have any reasoned argument against this.

As I said in another thread recently, it is insulting she does not even bother to show up for work. She lied by saying she could not go to the South (PTP does not give flying rat's ass about about the South) because she had to attend these debates.

No, a press op at the BOI fair, is MUCH more important. She had to attend on of the persons who cannot be mentioned at the BOI fair.

To be fair, here in the South the feeling is mutual

Would her presence make any difference to the budget being approved?

Remind me...... why did the people not vote to retain the previous government?......when presumably the PM did attend such events

Molehills and mountains posting by the usual suspects

In case anyone is interested, the PM had meetings/discussions in respect to key foreign investors during her absence from the house. Also there was a national security issue of pressing importance. I shall put it diplomatically, her presence was required. In terms of cost benefit, sitting in the house listening to members drone on about items not related to the budget vs. keeping some important investors onside and addressing national security was considered more important. She's a big girl and such criticism comes with the turf. She will not lose any sleep over the matterr, but the investors group are grateful as are the thousands of Thais that will still have jobs.

As you are all very higly situated in Thai society with your important positions and hiso wives/concubines, please check with your sources.

• Like 1

In case anyone is interested, the PM had meetings/discussions in respect to key foreign investors during her absence from the house. Also there was a national security issue of pressing importance. I shall put it diplomatically, her presence was required. In terms of cost benefit, sitting in the house listening to members drone on about items not related to the budget vs. keeping some important investors onside and addressing national security was considered more important. She's a big girl and such criticism comes with the turf. She will not lose any sleep over the matterr, but the investors group are grateful as are the thousands of Thais that will still have jobs.

As you are all very higly situated in Thai society with your important positions and hiso wives/concubines, please check with your sources.

Do you really think anyone would permit her to attend an important meeting on her own? Answer important questions? Make important decisions?

I think she cut the ribbon at Impact and had tea and butties with armed forces.

Do you really think anyone would permit her to attend an important meeting on her own? Answer important questions? Make important decisions?

Using your logic, then she really didn't have a choice when one of Thailand's major hitters made a request that she be present..

You are relying on a bare bones account from a hostile media outlet for an indication of her activity. Go and do your research.

In case anyone is interested,the PM had meetings/discussions in respect to key foreign investors during her absence from the house.Also there was a national security issue of pressing importance. I shall put it diplomatically, her presence was required. In terms of cost benefit, sitting in the house listening to members drone on about items not related to the budget vs. keeping some important investors onside and addressing national security was considered more important. She's a big girl and such criticism comes with the turf. She will not lose any sleep over the matterr, but the investors group are grateful as are the thousands of Thais that will still have jobs.

So ... this is my 100th post ... a bit of a milestone for me considering my brevity thus far ... shame to waste it with this ... mai pen rai crup.

I happen to be not such a critic of Yingluck ... but I absolutely detest her brother because of his tax evasion amongst other crimes ... but this does not form the basis of the rebuttal.

What exactly was the nature of her "meetings/discussions in respect to key foreign investors" and the "national security issue of pressing importance" ?

I'm all for a 'cost benefit analysis ... 100%

So information and sources please.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

really. and what are your sources for this information.

A national security issue. Cambodia threatened to invade again or was it the Burmese?

Unless you are sleeping with her (and by sleeping with her, i don't mean have a poster on the wall above your bed), how could you possibly know what she loses sleep over, and what she doesn't?

Ah, where would a GK post be without the usual snide, you are all poor peasants married to prostitutes, your opinions mean nothing, whereas i am a respected professional, of high social standing, whose opinion means an awful lot, snobbish rubbish that totally goes against the, all are equal, pro lower class rights, anti-elite stand you jokingly claim to be behind.

• Like 1

Unless you are sleeping with her (and by sleeping with her, i don't mean have a poster on the wall above your bed), how could you possibly know what she loses sleep over, and what she doesn't?

Ah, where would a GK post be without the usual snide, you are all poor peasants married to prostitutes, your opinions mean nothing, whereas i am a respected professional, of high social standing, whose opinion means an awful lot, snobbish rubbish that totally goes against the, all are equal, pro lower class rights, anti-elite stand you jokingly claim to be behind.

exactly, every time i read a GK post, this quote comes to mind.

Frank Horrigan: "How much more of this sh!t do I have to listen to? Jesus!"

from the movie "In the Line of Fire" (1993)

Edited by wxyz

Using your logic, then she really didn't have a choice when one of Thailand's major hitters made a request that she be present..

You are relying on a bare bones account from a hostile media outlet for an indication of her activity. Go and do your research.

I think Google must be screwed.

I did a seach on "Yingluck foreign investors" and the most recent record was 17th December with YS saying that she thought they had confidence in Thailand.

I did a further search on "Yingluck 5th January" and there was just one article of note - on her absence from the budget debate

A further search on "Yingluck national security" brought up an article from mid-December on her relationship with the Royal Thai Army.

So at the moment, unless you can enlighten us all, I'm inclined to believe what facts have been made publc

IMO a nice little non-issue from a non-news source.

The Nation must be having a slow day if this is all they can muster.

Appreciate the envious Farang Feeding Frenzy, though. Good for traffic. cool.png

Defending Yingluck. The job that never stops, like housecleaning.
  • Like 1

Appreciate the envious Farang Feeding Frenzy, though. Good for traffic. cool.png

Defending Yingluck. The job that never stops, like housecleaning.

I think you mis-read. Who said anything about defending Yingluck? There is no "defense" above.

Attacking Yingluck looks to be more like "The job that never stops"

But do you think the PM needs to "defend" her work agenda? I don't.

• Like 1

I applaud your staunch and continued defense of the PM. But the budget is effectively our money and at the very least we the public deserve our elected PM to be there when the final decision is made as to what to do with our money. I'm sure keeping foreigners happy is important, but of more importance is keeping the public happy namely with a PM whose actually in parliament being seen to be doing her job.

Having a PM who is continually absent from parliament makes governing the country even harder for PTP as their is no figure head for the public to relate to.

I think you mis-read. Who said anything about defending Yingluck? There is no "defense" above.

Attacking Yingluck looks to be more like "The job that never stops"

But do you think the PM needs to "defend" her work agenda? I don't.

You are defending her with your non-issue comment, just as you were defending her government for issuing of passport to convicted on-the-run criminal, with "oh it doesn't matter, what difference does it make, just a non-issue".

Why not be honest about how you feel and about what you are saying? It's not like it's not blindingly obvious anyway.

• Like 1

Remind me...... why did the people not vote to retain the previous government?......when presumably the PM did attend such events

Which poses another question:would her continued presence as PM of Thailand make any difference at all???

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Which poses another question:would her continued presence as PM of Thailand make any difference at all???

Seemingly yes.

Suan Dusit Poll shows Yingluck’s performance reaches new high

Source:

http://asiancorrespo.../bangkokpundit/

Quite creditable really, given the floods and all that...........

Seemingly yes.

Source:

The poll reflects public popularity, which we all know, from the recent election result, she doesn't do badly in. But that doesn't prove she is doing a good job. It proves she is popular - reasonably anyway. The two things aren't always directly connected. Plenty of evidence of that throughout history.

Seemingly yes.

Source:

The poll reflects public popularity, which we all know, from the recent election result, she doesn't do badly in. But that doesn't prove she is doing a good job. It proves she is popular - reasonably anyway. The two things aren't always directly connected. Plenty of evidence of that throughout history.

Yes, agreed, fair point.

I suppose we just have to see what happens anyway.

I applaud your staunch and continued defense of the PM. But the budget is effectively our money and at the very least we the public deserve our elected PM to be there when the final decision is made as to what to do with our money. I'm sure keeping foreigners happy is important, but of more importance is keeping the public happy namely with a PM whose actually in parliament being seen to be doing her job.

Having a PM who is continually absent from parliament makes governing the country even harder for PTP as their is no figure head for the public to relate to.

We all know that Yingluck is Thaksin's puppet - but the big question is "Who is Yingluck's puppet?"

Presumably Yingluck's puppet is the real leader - but how many tiers of puppets are there?

Is it Chalerm? Dies he also have a puppet? If so, who is it?

Is Yongyuth, as leader of the PTP also a puppet? Can Brave Mister Thaksin who has run away to Dubai work one with each hand?

One thing is for sure - they don't suffer from the Pinochio syndrome or we'd have enough wood to replace the chunks of the national parks that various individuals had chanots printed for.

Obviously, GK is an inside man in the Yingluck administration. He gets all his BS and spin straight from the horse's mouth.

• Like 1

And a nice non-interesting post from a non-partisan Thaksin kool aid drinker

• Like 2