Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hello.. im looking to get some more power out of my new crf250m any advice would be greatly appreciated as im not to familiar with the bike and no one out here understands what i want as they dont speaks english and my thai is crap....

cheers

gordon

This pretty well sums up what to do...

http://bestdualsportbikes.com/2013-honda-crf-250-l/

hello.. im looking to get some more power out of my new crf250m any advice would be greatly appreciated as im not to familiar with the bike and no one out here understands what i want as they dont speaks english and my thai is crap....

cheers

gordon

Cheers Neilly .. I have a plan ;) (i think)

cheers

gordon

Cheers Neilly .. I have a plan wink.png (i think)

No worries m8...depending what you use the bike for the biggest difference for the buck is going to a 13t front sprocket...I ride up in the hills a lot and went 13t front and 42t rear...makes one hell of a difference thumbsup.gif

So using all our crystal balls. How much and why will this be better than KLX/D-Tracker.

Here is ONE answer smile.png

http://my.opera.com/moskitos/albums/show.dml?id=14803052

I just was going to buy a Kawasaki KLX 250 ...and then this above happend.... sad.png

Also I think that HONDA just have much much more experience with DirtBikes or Enduros... I bought an old Yamaha XT 500 ... still having it ... and friend of mine bought a Honda 250 Enduro... that was back in the late 70s or very early 80s ... I have no clue when Kawa started to build Offroaders but this time I will go for a HONDA too... but the golden Fork infront ....brrrrrr.... not nice smile.png

Kawaski doesn't have a big name in dirty bikes like on street bikes but what they do is good like others, e.g. this year the won AMA (USA) supercross in the 450. Ages ago I worked and borrowed a KLR650 and the thing was nice like the others brands. I think both Honda and Kawas are excellent bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

So using all our crystal balls. How much and why will this be better than KLX/D-Tracker.

Here is ONE answer smile.png

http://my.opera.com/moskitos/albums/show.dml?id=14803052

I just was going to buy a Kawasaki KLX 250 ...and then this above happend.... sad.png

Also I think that HONDA just have much much more experience with DirtBikes or Enduros... I bought an old Yamaha XT 500 ... still having it ... and friend of mine bought a Honda 250 Enduro... that was back in the late 70s or very early 80s ... I have no clue when Kawa started to build Offroaders but this time I will go for a HONDA too... but the golden Fork infront ....brrrrrr.... not nice smile.png

Kawaski doesn't have a big name in dirty bikes like on street bikes but what they do is good like others, e.g. this year the won AMA (USA) supercross in the 450. Ages ago I worked and borrowed a KLR650 and the thing was nice like the others brands. I think both Honda and Kawas are excellent bikes.

KAWASAKI AND HONDA are Excellent Bikes... as long as they are NOT MADE IN THAILAND ... Work here is no better as the Education of the people is.

Another thing is, DO NOT EXPECT ANY form of CUSTOMER service... they will just LIE and CHEATING you until you go away or shut up. Thats sooo typical Thaistyle like in ANY form of complaints you as a Farang in this country will make.

Kawasaki in Phuket promised me to change the Frame on my 2 year old bike. That was 4 weeks ago and the bike was said to be finished yesterday.

Instead it was still there, not even all parts stripped from the frame yet.

Thats what they have done in 4 weeks....where I did not have a motorbike... I could have driven it until they are ready but WHY THEY SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME THAT???? they are THAI and THAILAND IS NO 1 in the WORLD

I really want to know if Kawasaki in JAPAN is aware of this Crappy dealers and behaviour here in Thailand... They can keep the bike now there forever. It says nowhere how long the time of the repair has to be...

KAWACRAP%20.jpg

Sorry to hear about your poor experience at the dealer. However I can tell you for sure that anywhere in the world, dealer's shop is the worst possible choice. Choose a good local shop and stick to it. Yes there are, even in Thailand.

Sorry to hear about your poor experience at the dealer. However I can tell you for sure that anywhere in the world, dealer's shop is the worst possible choice. Choose a good local shop and stick to it. Yes there are, even in Thailand.

Sorry Paz, but I dont think so.

Its like someone told me yesterday... My or THE local dealers will NOT DO ANYTHING what brings them no money!

The other thing is that Thaimade Kawasaki destroying the reputation of a once very good brand. In the meantime I know i am not the only

one experiences problems with weak KAWASAKI made in Thailand frame works.

The guy told me its better to visit my local dealer again, calling the (Tourist) Police too and let them write something down. Hereafter taking

the bike on a Pick Up and transporting it to the HQ in Bangkok or Rayong, demanding not only a new frame but a whole NEW motorbike.....

thats what a guy told me who obviously has some more informations about Motorbikes in Thailand as we all together. He even makes it possible to

sent me a ´phonenumber and an Emailadress of HQ Managers.... Try to get one of these... impossible.

Kawasaki has nearly every opportunity shut down for their customers to get in contact with them.....

will see what I do know...but thats really an absolutely TERRIBLE experience... I have enough of this third world cheating sh1t here... I am done with Thailand finally after so many years

Please read my post above. Personally I recommend against official dealers.

From your posting I perceive a lot of anger, but it's just a bike and this is Thailand, keep that in perspective and calmly handle it.

This may or may not be true, but the trick is to find the good local shop. Easier said than done.

This may or may not be true, but the trick is to find the good local shop. Easier said than done.

Correct also mjj.

the thing is not to find another garage wich is working better as the Kawasaki Dealer in Phuket Town. It cant be that the FRAME falls apart and Kawasaki just tell you there is nothing they can do....its not a 10year old bike, not even 3years old and Frames are expected to last a bit longer than that.

Fact is I do not trust this bike at all anymore

There were a few threads floating about concerning Chinese bikes and this was the sort of criticism level;ed against them. With Jap bikes getting worse and Chinese bikes getting better, together with Bugga-al service in Thailand, maybe the gap is closing.

its not a thailand specific problem ,im in the uk at the moment and my mates 7 month old piaggio scooter has been back to the main dealer 4 times in the last 6 weeks poor running and chugging along they keep playing around with the carb and a day later the problems back,i told him it may be the ecu ,he mentioned this to the shop and they said oh piaggio dont like changing the ecu,and this all started 2 weeks after he put the bike in there for a service.

Correct also mjj.

the thing is not to find another garage wich is working better as the Kawasaki Dealer in Phuket Town. It cant be that the FRAME falls apart and Kawasaki just tell you there is nothing they can do....its not a 10year old bike, not even 3years old and Frames are expected to last a bit longer than that.

It doesn't just happen to Kawak's

KTM

brokenKTM.jpg

Yam

16594d1367212812-bike-broke-half-428713_

Its only a guess but I belive the main problem is that the big companies are always on a MORE MORE MORE policy.

They are trying to produce bikes and everything else as cheap as possible. Since the labour in Europe, USA and Japan is

becoming more and more expensive and a serious cost factor where do they start to save?

We all know the answer, its by paying as minimum as possible to the workers, going to third world countries to safe money.

They dont even care anymore if the Endproduct is perfect...it has too LOOK GOOD... then a bit comercial, paying some Magazine Journalists

a bit tea money and giving them a Test vehicle for a couple of month and its DONE... the customer is happy....until he found out he bought

crap.

I have an old Yamaha XT500 build in 1978... its running perfect and NEVER had any problems with frame or engine, its 35 YEARS old... try to imagine where your new bike is in half the time if my KAWASAKI made in Thailand is garbage after 2,5 years already

btw, THANKS for the pics Neilly :)

found some more when I googled for Kawasaki broken frames

12398d1355488968-broken-frame-klx250-_ds

or here

Kawasaki drive to Laos ... imagine you make a tour and have to count on your bike somewhere in the desert or the djungel offroad

ccrlbg7clhpcoaok5.jpg

not the only Kawa

100-0056_IMG.jpg

DRIVE SAFE @ all ...

Correct also mjj.

It doesn't just happen to Kawak's

KTM

brokenKTM.jpg

Yam

16594d1367212812-bike-broke-half-428713_

That must've hurt the jewels!

• 2 weeks later...

Giday everone...(Delta 4 barrel exhaust system)

Went out to "Dirt Shop" today to have a browse and get some prices on exhaust systems for my CRF they had a Yoshimura for around B22.000 and then they brought out the other pipe a "Delta 4 barrel system" for B13,000 (looks the goods). I looked on the internet and can't find much info about this brand of pipe. So if anyone knows anything about the "Delta" please feel free to share you wisdom with me, and if it is good value im might be tempted.........

Cheers

Gordon...................

Edited by gordon from yasothon

Went out to "Dirt Shop" today to have a browse and get some prices on exhaust systems for my CRF they had a Yoshimura for around B22.000 and then they brought out the other pipe a "Delta 4 barrel system" for B13,000 (looks the goods). I looked on the internet and can't find much info about this brand of pipe. So if anyone knows anything about the "Delta" please feel free to share you wisdom with me, and if it is good value im might be tempted.........

Cheers

Any pictures?

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

Its like someone told me yesterday... My or THE local dealers will NOT DO ANYTHING what brings them no money!

The other thing is that Thaimade Kawasaki destroying the reputation of a once very good brand. In the meantime I know i am not the only

one experiences problems with weak KAWASAKI made in Thailand frame works.

The guy told me its better to visit my local dealer again, calling the (Tourist) Police too and let them write something down. Hereafter taking

the bike on a Pick Up and transporting it to the HQ in Bangkok or Rayong, demanding not only a new frame but a whole NEW motorbike.....

thats what a guy told me who obviously has some more informations about Motorbikes in Thailand as we all together. He even makes it possible to

sent me a ´phonenumber and an Emailadress of HQ Managers.... Try to get one of these... impossible.

Kawasaki has nearly every opportunity shut down for their customers to get in contact with them.....

will see what I do know...but thats really an absolutely TERRIBLE experience... I have enough of this third world cheating sh1t here... I am done with Thailand finally after so many years

MAYBE they dont want to deal with you because of your attitude.

Dont let the door hit you in the ass, Thailand wont miss you.

KRS1...

I like your posts and I know from them you are really into bikes but...

Your people-skills come up short in the above post. bah.gif

The guy has a legitimate beef and your response has to be one of the hackneyed and over-used comebacks (?) on TV.

^^ I am with KRS1 here.

No matter what the problem is - people (dealers) don't like communicating with someone who has the wrong attitude.

If no satisfaction is gained at the first level, then go to the manufacturer.

I believe the major hurdle here was that the owner was a long way from BKK.

Cheers

Any pictures?

Hay hello..

Yeah i found a couple of pics. have a look and let me know wha you think...

cheers...

post-187929-0-26687000-1382177347_thumb.

post-187929-0-52073500-1382177367_thumb.

Cheers

Any pictures?

Hay hello..

cheers...

I would go with a FMF muffler is I was you. You can order them from Thai shops in CM like KCM and TNT through their facebook pages or order it from ebay or motosport.com. I think the Thai shops sell it for around 16k

KRS1...

Your people-skills come up short in the above post. bah.gif

The guy has a legitimate beef and your response has to be one of the hackneyed and over-used comebacks (?) on TV.

Im sick of all the thai bashing

only ignorant people classify and make generalizations about an entire population, if anything is overused it is this. (not talking about you)

KRS1...

Your people-skills come up short in the above post. Posted Image

Im sick of all the thai bashing

only ignorant people classify and make generalizations about an entire population, if anything is overused it is this. (not talking about you)

Although you are right about him generalizing thai people in a bad way still it is not changing the fact that guy's bike has a broken frame and noone gives a shit about it in kawa.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Cheers

Any pictures?

Hay hello..

cheers...

Had a look on the web and seem quite popular with the WR250X boys...don't know anyone who's used one tho

Decent web site a well

http://www.drcproducts.com/delta/products/barrel4_crf.html

There is some info on exhausts on this thread on G T Rider

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/38135-Trying-to-buy-an-aftermarket-exhaust-and-ECU-for-my-Honda-CRF-250-L-PLEASE-HELP-ME-%29

barrel4_crf_03.jpg

Giday everyone...(Delta 4 barrel exhaust system)

Cheers

Any pictures?

Hay hello..

cheers...

Had a look on the web and seem quite popular with the WR250X boys...don't know anyone who's used one tho

Decent web site a well

http://www.drcproducts.com/delta/products/barrel4_crf.html

There is some info on exhausts on this thread on G T Rider

http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/showthread.php/38135-Trying-to-buy-an-aftermarket-exhaust-and-ECU-for-my-Honda-CRF-250-L-PLEASE-HELP-ME-%29

barrel4_crf_03.jpg

Ok good one mate. i'll have a suss...........

cheers..................................