Honda Crf 250L

RED21

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

yeah, they told me the same with my cbr250 and it is nonsense. They cannot understand the condition of valves just by listening!

just press them.

They don't need torque wrenches either, "Thai can feel when it right".

The exception being the rear wheel on my old Nouvo but that's another story :)

It's due at 1000km according to the manual. I've been to 3 dealers now, none of them say it's required.

Are they just lazy or is it really not needed?

Anyway I had the oil and filter changed and may try the valve check myself.

Ok. This is a bit of weird question.. Some time ago i remember a post about a resort on top of a hill in Petchabun. i think it was a posters brother in laws resort or something.. i think the poster had a CRF. But for thr life of me i can't find the info or remember the poster name. But i do remember the great pictures that he posted.. anyway if you are that poster or remember it. can you let me know as i'm interested in staying at the resort.. Thanks Allan

Ok. This is a bit of weird question.. Some time ago i remember a post about a resort on top of a hill in Petchabun. i think it was a posters brother in laws resort or something.. i think the poster had a CRF. But for thr life of me i can't find the info or remember the poster name. But i do remember the great pictures that he posted.. anyway if you are that poster or remember it. can you let me know as i'm interested in staying at the resort.. Thanks Allan

hiya that was me you mean tub berk hill,there is now quite a few resorts up there ,you can turn up and pick and choose as long as its not peak season ,pm me if you need any more info or want number for where  the brother in laws place is.

I thought it was you. But wasn't 100% sure. I'm getting married in January and have some friends coming for the wedding so was going to do a road trip show then some good bits of Thailand. The ceramic temple is in that area as well isn't it?

Pm sent.

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 1000 km service with only oil change. The dealer where I bought the bike did not even bother to change the oil filter. I will buy my own tools and do the valve check myself.

Materials pf today are very exact so unless you hear clicking you should not bother for now. Also I'm not sure if it uses shims in which case it is not such a simple job.

Just wanted to add that of course valve gap can change both ways and there is a small chance that one valve gets punted. In this case no noise is heard but a loss of power is possible. Again I would not worry before 3000 km and multiple extended hi rev runs.

Hope you're right about the valve check Paz, it's just that Honda advise it needs to be done in their manual.

Anyway I have had my bike for 2 months and overall I'm very pleased with it. Good value for money and perfect for my type of uses.

There are a couple of issues though:

• clunky gear changes
  • it stalls sometimes, I don't think it's my fault
  • wish the fuel tank was a little bigger
  • not too impressed with a few service centers I've checked out. Will stick with my regular unofficial mechanic

Hope you're right about the valve check Paz, it's just that Honda advise it needs to be done in their manual.

Anyway I have had my bike for 2 months and overall I'm very pleased with it. Good value for money and perfect for my type of uses.

• clunky gear changes
  • not too impressed with a few service centers I've checked out. Will stick with my regular unofficial mechanic

For stalls try 95 oct fuel or v-power, even better ecu mods. For shifting change oil to different brand and viscosity (within reason). Brand service center are most often staffed by underpaid monkeys, stick to a local shop that has foreign big bikd customers.

• clunky gear changes

For stalls try 95 oct fuel or v-power, even better ecu mods. For shifting change oil to different brand and viscosity (within reason). Brand service center are most often staffed by underpaid monkeys, stick to a local shop that has foreign big bikd customers.

Hay Paz Whats a good brand of oil (visc) for the gear box im with brother Sure. clunky box is a bit of a bummer....

Anyone go a phone number any information about a bike shop called "Monster Bike Shop" in Buri Ram????

Cheers

I've bought a bit of gear from this shop. They sell mostly high-end stuff. I got an LS2 helmet, Alpine Stars Riding Jacket, Nerve Riding Pants. The owner is a Thai guy who went to university in Australia. He speaks perfect English. He also does maintenance. I think he mostly works on high-end big bikes. He has a Buell in his shop, and I see BMW, big Kawi, etc when I go there.

Not sure about phone number, but he's located right downtown near the old day market, near Thani Road.

Anyone go a phone number any information about a bike shop called "Monster Bike Shop" in Buri Ram????

Cheers

I've bought a bit of gear from this shop. They sell mostly high-end stuff. I got an LS2 helmet, Alpine Stars Riding Jacket, Nerve Riding Pants. The owner is a Thai guy who went to university in Australia. He speaks perfect English. He also does maintenance. I think he mostly works on high-end big bikes. He has a Buell in his shop, and I see BMW, big Kawi, etc when I go there.

Not sure about phone number, but he's located right downtown near the old day market, near Thani Road.

Cheers mate,, i might pop down there in the new year and have a bit of browse... im actually on the hunt for a new pipe (yoshi or fmf)

Cheers

Cheers mate,, i might pop down there in the new year and have a bit of browse... im actually on the hunt for a new pipe (yoshi or fmf)

No worries.....if you're looking for a pipe, another shop opened last year. It's another Thai guy who went to university in Australia. He opened a certified Pirelli tire shop. I bought a set of Pirelli Scorpions from him, and the prices were comparable to what I found in bigger cities. Anyway, he also sells a bit of other gear. ...and now....I just noticed a huge "Certified Pirelli Dealer" sign on Jira road--on the right side just past the Tawkeet Super Center. I think it may be the same guy opening a bigger shop....he was selling aftermarket stuff (like clutch levers, foot pegs, etc.) before, so maybe he'll have even more stuff in his new shop. Worth a look if you're already in town.

Anyone had luck getting replacement clutch lining for the CRF250L? I ordered this part from Mityon Honda Pattaya along sukhumvit but i think it has been a month and I'm still waiting for the part. If you know other shops that stock this part or other alternative please let me know.

Hi

Ive seen the mods listed here http://bestdualsportbikes.com/crf-250-l-products/

But they are all expensive and not available in Thailand. Import tax would be a lot.

Just wondering if there are any Thai made mods available.?

Of course I know i can get the 13 tooth sprocket. But what about exhaust etc?

Problems driving on Thai roads with noisy exhaust??

I got my pipe from Ben, really happy with it. The police pulled me over in Bangkok last week because I was in wrong lane, they didn't mention the pipe. I think its cheaper to buy the EJK fuel controller from one of the guys on CRF Thailand rather than importing.

59d4.jpg

Ben's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/mx2thailandcom-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0Ben740/257102577654394

^

thats one of the best looking pipes i have seen for these bikes ,a lot of the other pipes look to big/long or just don't follow the lines off the bike, had to leave thailand 6 months ago and sold my crf I'm back now and absolutely kicking myself for selling it……...sad.png

Archived