Honda Crf 250L

RED21

I got my pipe from Ben, really happy with it. The police pulled me over in Bangkok last week because I was in wrong lane, they didn't mention the pipe. I think its cheaper to buy the EJK fuel controller from one of the guys on CRF Thailand rather than importing.

59d4.jpg

Ben's FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/mx2thailandcom-%E0%B9%81%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B0Ben740/257102577654394

They did do a nice job making that exhaust. Did you find the bike ran OK with the new pipe and the stock FI settings and is it much louder than stock? Also if you wouldn't mind the approximate price.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I brought a crf 250 m I have rode big bikes for years but where I live I bought this bike rite from new I thought the clutch was rubbish it was adjusted halve way out on cable at 350 Kim's it was that bad I had to take back to shop the boy wasn't sure how it adjust it I took back next day they sent me round to another engineer who thought it was the gear selector bike in bits I inspected clutch and said wanted it replaced they agreed (3weeks later)

I'm in shop now while getting done the parts arrived clutch plates are a smaller size at least 60% smaller than the ones that were in it when I brought it so now they have mixed new with old ones

I also pointed out about valve adjustment and air filter I got new oil A least that's good I think I will buy a after market clutch and install it my self

I was going to ride to Cambodia but I would not trust bike now seeing what I saw today

Gidday all.

i'm going to change m front sprocket to a 13 toother...so i was wondering if my speedo says 100km how fast am i actually going????

cheers

Isn't your speedo turned by the front wheel?

c'mon canuck that design is only on older designed bikes klx,lifan etc etc .the crf is modern design no cable going down to the front wheel all done by revs and electronics on the crf.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bolted on my new Yoshi pipe... Awesome!!!! It's louder than a jumbo jet in a Milo tin, but the best part is it terrifies the hell out of all the mongrel dogs around my place (and apparently small children) when i spark her up in the morning..Me CR really takes off now in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear.. Stoked!!!!

P.S I will post a pic when I can get my phone to work :(

I am always very mindful when it comes to the noise levels of my bike and think it is my duty to do so.

A very loud and irritating note is a good reminder to the owners of these bloody dogs, just how annoying some noises can be and if it scares the crap out of the dogs too, that is a bonus.

Perhaps there should be an optimum design for bike exhausts which scares dogs the most, perhaps in the range of 22-25 Mhz (well outside my hearing range) and at 150db, so the dog is completely deaf afterwards. That way they can't hear what makes them bark in the first place and merely bite the burglar instead.

My neighbour jokingly said by bike woke her up once........

• 2 weeks later...

Alright!!

I'm almost there......

Bolted on me new pipe bored some holes in me air box, now i need a "FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" just to give it a bit more of a kick in the arse!!

Anyone know a good one ???

Im thinking EJK or Dynojet. Anyone have any experience with these or anyother ??????

Any reconmendations or input welcome....

Cheers

Gordon

Alright!!

I'm almost there......

Bolted on me new pipe bored some holes in me air box, now i need a "FUEL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM" just to give it a bit more of a kick in the arse!!

Im thinking EJK or Dynojet. Anyone have any experience with these or anyother ??????

Any reconmendations or input welcome....

Cheers

Gordon

Dynojet in what ever brand label will probably give you the biggest selection of maps

Alright!!

I'm almost there......

I'm thinking EJK or Dynojet. Anyone have any experience with these or any other ??????

Any recommendations or input welcome....

Cheers

Gordon

Dynojet in what ever brand label will probably give you the biggest selection of maps

Cheers Mr. Mania

The Dirt Shop in BKK said they can get me a Dynojet for about 9000 baht but it will take them about 4 to 6 weeks to send it out to me....i will be in BKK in April so i might have a hunt around then...

Cheers mate

Rock on.....

Alright!!

I'm almost there......

I'm thinking EJK or Dynojet. Anyone have any experience with these or any other ??????

Any recommendations or input welcome....

Cheers

Gordon

Cheers Mr. Mania

The Dirt Shop in BKK said they can get me a Dynojet for about 9000 baht but it will take them about 4 to 6 weeks to send it out to me....i will be in BKK in April so i might have a hunt around then...

Cheers mate

Rock on.....

You know I ordered my own for $278 shipped or 9054 baht

A dynojet unit sold by FuelMoto

It came USPS Priority with no customs tax added.

Sometimes small things slip by ;)

The fork springs I ordered cost 80 bucks & got hit for 673 baht tax go figure

If you can actually get yours for 9k baht that is a good deal.

But if your not in BK why not order where you are & carry it with you when you come?

Having played with fuel maps & how many tweaks are possible ( at every 250-500 rpm change ) the EJK looks very rudimentary/general

in settings abilities. No throttle position sensor pickup etc.

Do they get good reviews? Because their price is only $25 less than the usual units

Planning to buy a CRF250L later in the year and wondering if any owners in/around Chiangmai have any recommendations about which dealership to buy from (or which to avoid, if any). Thinking about expertise in servicing/maintenance of this model rather than purchase price. I guess some dealers won't have that much experience of the CRF.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Having played with fuel maps & how many tweaks are possible ( at every 250-500 rpm change ) the EJK looks very rudimentary/general

in settings abilities. No throttle position sensor pickup etc.

Do they get good reviews? Because their price is only $25 less than the usual units

They do get good reviews, and I haven't seen any reviews for other ones. The people who ride hard seem to consider the EJK, a 13-tooth front sprocket, and upgraded exhaust to be the essential tweaks for this bike.

They do get good reviews, and I haven't seen any reviews for other ones. The people who ride hard seem to consider the EJK, a 13-tooth front sprocket, and upgraded exhaust to be the essential tweaks for this bike.

Well if they get good reviews is the main thing wink.png

I have never looked in regards to CRF & maybe the CRF models is not done by the others manufacturers

like dynojet,two brothers,power commander etc.?

In any case good luck & post back your results/impressions

hay giday fellas

It was a toss up between the EJK and the Dynojet. I had a hunt around on the internet and haven't read a bad thing about either one, so i went to the Dynojet home page and couldn't find a CRF250L in their list of bikes so i contacted them and they told me they don't make a unit for the CRF250L only the CRF250R which is a full dirt bike not even sure they are the same engines. The EJK is 100 times more user friendly i think too, true it might not have as many optional extras but i only want to tear around my hometown/ village and not get to carried away with too many settings (i'm a bit thick).... but anyway up to you, these are only my reasons for going with the EJK..........

I posted links to both their homepages so have a browse and make up ya own mind..

Hope it helps.....

gordon.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/Default.aspx

http://www.electronicjetkit.com/information.asp

• 2 months later...

IMG_3550_zpsc889873a.jpg

I had an accident when another motorbike drive in front of me. I hit him broad side of his motorbike. As you can see, broken wheels, headlights assembly, other small bits and the most serious is a deformed frame. any suggestion what to do with this wreck? I'm thinking of selling as parts or repairing then selling as a running bike. anybody want to buy major parts.

Archived