Honda Crf 250L

RED21

IMG_3550_zpsc889873a.jpg

I had an accident when another motorbike drive in front of me. I hit him broad side of his motorbike. As you can see, broken wheels, headlights assembly, other small bits and the most serious is a deformed frame. any suggestion what to do with this wreck? I'm thinking of selling as parts or repairing then selling as a running bike. anybody want to buy major parts.

Sorry to hear the accident.

all fixable on this bike. Frame is steel so fixable if not very badly damaged and buying a rim and tire and straightening the forks or getting new ones if they are badly damaged - cannot see clearly from the photo. Bodywork is not expensive as well.

These bikes are not so expensive to fix and you can continue to use it but if you still want to sell it, just fix it and sell it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, I hope you are ok.

I believe that parting the bike out would probably be the best bet; the cost of repairs minus the possible sale price will not be anything but aggravation. If I was on a Phantom I would definitely want to purchase the engine at a fair price...perhaps putting it up for sale in such a usage would get a decent price. Those forks look tweaked backwards (from the photo to me anyways) at least a centimeter; good chance they are not salvageable. Nothing else beyond those two items really has much value on the used parts market.

I concur about not selling a frame repaired bike without full disclosure. Doubly so on a bike like the KLX/CRF where the new owner is probably going to try and utilise the off-road capabilities. As the process of bending, twice, weakens the steel the frame may not hold up for such adventures.

I hope this accident hasn't chased you away from riding. One thing I do have to ask...did you do an endo or get laid down and skidded into something?

Wow champ what a bummer, hope you're all right!! I'm looking for a fuel control system, if ya got one??????

cheers matey

Gorodn

IMG_3550_zpsc889873a.jpg

I had an accident when another motorbike drive in front of me. I hit him broad side of his motorbike. As you can see, broken wheels, headlights assembly, other small bits and the most serious is a deformed frame. any suggestion what to do with this wreck? I'm thinking of selling as parts or repairing then selling as a running bike. anybody want to buy major parts.

Sorry to hear the accident.

all fixable on this bike. Frame is steel so fixable if not very badly damaged and buying a rim and tire and straightening the forks or getting new ones if they are badly damaged - cannot see clearly from the photo. Bodywork is not expensive as well.

These bikes are not so expensive to fix and you can continue to use it but if you still want to sell it, just fix it and sell it.

It did not endo. I hit a smaller bike an old Honda Beat. I had my wife as passenger during the accident. After the hit, I fell to the left then the bike and I turn 180 deg clockwise while the bike on its side. My wife thrown out of the bike and roll on pavement. I'm wearing safety gears and had road rash at left shoulder but no bleeding. Also had my right testis pushed back to the groin.

Can't hide the accident because the dent on the frame just above the exhaust is very visible. I start to strip the wreck today and reconnect electricals. It fired up and rev same as before. Good thing it fell to the radiator side not to the right where the expensive electronics are located. One fork seems to have no spring, only dampers. Is this normal or the spring inside breaks?

It did not endo. I hit a smaller bike an old Honda Beat. I had my wife as passenger during the accident. After the hit, I fell to the left then the bike and I turn 180 deg clockwise while the bike on its side. My wife thrown out of the bike and roll on pavement. I'm wearing safety gears and had road rash at left shoulder but no bleeding. Also had my right testis pushed back to the groin.

Ouch. Good to hear that you were all okay.

I too had a minor accident, which was my fault, where both myself and my loved one were thrown off the bike (too fast over a humpback dip and into an unseen car that was stopped in the outside lane as the car in front of them was turning right.)

It's the worst feeling in the World having your loved one thrown off the bike in an accident, no matter how minor.

Actually popping your testy back out is probably worse. :D

Can't hide the accident because the dent on the frame just above the exhaust is very visible. I start to strip the wreck today and reconnect electricals. It fired up and rev same as before. Good thing it fell to the radiator side not to the right where the expensive electronics are located. One fork seems to have no spring, only dampers. Is this normal or the spring inside breaks?

God bless your testis is fine manfacepalm.gif

It must be an unlucky moment.

My balls getting better now. Doc gently push it back into place. Ouch! As you can imagine my balls hit the gas tank during the collision. My wife had worst. She had cut in one finger and a finger nail pulled out! She just had manicure that day. But still looking at the wreck of the bike we are lucky to literally walk out of the accident. I'm so much relieved when I saw my wife walking around while i'm lying on the road waiting for the ambulance. I just cant get up that time. Feels like my balls got hit by steel gas tank cap moving at 100kph. Well that is just what happen.

Anyway back to the topic, I'm impressed that the bike fired up after the accident. You can tell that critical parts of the engine stay intact. Very reliable design. Good job Honda.

Here's a pic of me bike.. EJK coming next week. oh yeah!attachicon.gifIMG_0032.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0035.JPG

Happy days............

Oh, you have a 250m, too! I just assumed it was a 250l... Nice looking bike! If you're still in Yaso, we should meet up sometime - I'm in Sarakham. Maybe midway, in Roi-et or something. My 250m is all black.

Hay mate

Yeah ok cool..,Maybe we can organize a bit of a meet up for anyone in these here parts that would like to get together and share some of their wisdom (or lack of in my case) with other like minded bike enthusiasts???

Here's a pic of me bike.. EJK coming next week. oh yeah!attachicon.gifIMG_0032.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0035.JPG

Happy days............

Oh, you have a 250m, too! I just assumed it was a 250l... Nice looking bike! If you're still in Yaso, we should meet up sometime - I'm in Sarakham. Maybe midway, in Roi-et or something. My 250m is all black.

Got my new EJK.. Fuckin kick arse!!!! Hers me the vegetable mechanic and the pretty girl that works there.....Oh yeah,post-187929-0-90704800-1401510947_thumb.post-187929-0-46237200-1401510950_thumb. got a hair cut too.. I look <deleted> retarded!!!

Hay mate

Yeah ok cool..,Maybe we can organize a bit of a meet up for anyone in these here parts that would like to get together and share some of their wisdom (or lack of in my case) with other like minded bike enthusiasts???

• 1 month later...

Hey guys

Seen all the chatter on CRf's

here my bike, has just about everything, ask an Q's or pm me, I dont come to this site much, stay on Thumper Talk mostly

but I really would not buy much in Thai, better ebay deals or direct from company

there are very good shipping deals, now here

anyway, just food for thought

my bike is in the final stages, wait another month!!!!

post-85237-0-33130500-1406106772_thumb.j

post-85237-0-99750100-1406106787_thumb.j

post-85237-0-46917700-1406106804_thumb.j

Hey guys

Seen all the chatter on CRf's

here my bike, has just about everything, ask an Q's or pm me, I dont come to this site much, stay on Thumper Talk mostly

but I really would not buy much in Thai, better ebay deals or direct from company

there are very good shipping deals, now here

anyway, just food for thought

my bike is in the final stages, wait another month!!!!

Nice.

Did you install aftermarket ECU? How many HP extra you got from your mods?

Also for all you EJK guys

I assume you are currently using these settings 1.5, 2.5, 4.5, 5, 4, 4.5
You could try 1.5 2. 4. 5. 4. 4.5

After that I would try 1.5 2. 4. 5. 5.5 5.5

Makes a big difference and I noticed a big increase in mileage!

Just an added note::

I found the Stock settings were way too rich and made the bike slower. The settings above made the bike more responsive as well as improving fuel efficiency.

After changing the settings find a place where you can do some power runs with the throttle held wide open. After bout 6 the bike should start to come alive

You should notice the bike becoming more responsive after a few runs.

It's really important you have done the airbox mods and removed backfire screen on the filter, break down and really buy a better filter cheapskates!!!Pipe helps but really not much, just for weight and sound!

Hi everyone, I found this thread and thought I'd join up.

Currently looking at either the 250L or 250M - not sure which. I hear the 250M has better front brakes, and would suit use in the city (Bangkok), but for trips in the north etc I'd like the off-road wheels/tyres of the 250L. One option would be to have two wheelsets, but I'm not sure how readily available they are.

Also can anybody recommend a good Honda dealer in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Hi everyone, I found this thread and thought I'd join up.

Currently looking at either the 250L or 250M - not sure which. I hear the 250M has better front brakes, and would suit use in the city (Bangkok), but for trips in the north etc I'd like the off-road wheels/tyres of the 250L. One option would be to have two wheelsets, but I'm not sure how readily available they are.

Also can anybody recommend a good Honda dealer in Bangkok?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

If your looking for a Honda dealer I would go see Brian at Sumet Cycle, hes American and understands customer service.

Cheap rims are readily available, the ones attached are 13k but you will still need sprockets, disks, tubes and tires. If you're not fussed about wheel width you can also pick up a good deal on the classifieds.

I ride around Bangkok on dirt tires, its not ideal but I can always think of better ways to spend 20k+.

Also for all you EJK guys

I assume you are currently using these settings 1.5, 2.5, 4.5, 5, 4, 4.5

You could try 1.5 2. 4. 5. 4. 4.5

After that I would try 1.5 2. 4. 5. 5.5 5.5

Makes a big difference and I noticed a big increase in mileage!

Nice,

I cant even remember what my settings are, I might give this a go at the weekend.

i would love to see a dyno sheet after these mods.

i rode one crf250l on my last visit to Koh Phangan during Songkran and it is a great bike, nice pull, light and it does whatever you want.

but a bit more power should be better.

If your looking for a Honda dealer I would go see Brian at Sumet Cycle, hes American and understands customer service.

Cheap rims are readily available, the ones attached are 13k but you will still need sprockets, disks, tubes and tires. If you're not fussed about wheel width you can also pick up a good deal on the classifieds.

I ride around Bangkok on dirt tires, its not ideal but I can always think of better ways to spend 20k+.

Ok thanks I'll see what he can do for me. What should I expect to pay for a CRF 250? Is the retail price around 150,000 new?

• 2 weeks later...

Got hit by a pick up about 3 weeks ago ripped the back wheel right off my bike and nearly took my foot with it.....

Looks nasty, hope you get it fixed up.

I have to ask, what kind of footwear did you have on? I'm just curious. I'm sure we're all guilty of wearing sneakers to ride sometimes, but anything less than that I won't risk, likewise gloves, likewise a helmet certified to EU standards. (I see a fair few westerners riding around without helmets, and I just don't get it.)

Out of interest what's the usual protocol - if any - for dealing with road accidents, assuming for the purposes of discussion that it was the other person's fault (I know that with traffic as crazy as here it can probably be hard sometimes to work out who was to blame)? I've seen punch-ups and stuff and people yelling at each other.

Archived