Thai Baht Against The Pound

westybrook

As of today 1st December 2005, by the way pinch punch first day of the month to all of you reading this :o

I went on xe.com today to check out the rate and its 1 pound to 71.22 to the Baht

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are it`s a lot better than when it was 38 to the pound and not as good as when it was 85 to the pound. :D

I went on xe.com today to check out the rate and its 1 pound to 71.22 to the Baht

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are not to think about it, because no amount of thinking on my part will make one jot of a difference.

Now, if with your thoughts you are able to influence the exchange rate then my thoughts are that if you wish to sell pounds you should influence the rate to go up, if you wish to buy pounds you should influence the rate to go down.

Is this right?

Pardon me, Westybrook, earlier I did not realise that you were, in fact, questioning the accuracy of the exchange rate quoted on xe.com.

What made you think it might be wrong?

If You Are Migrating - A Little More Detail

The so called commodity currencies have a common theme at the moment. They are being strengthened by the generally monstrous demand for their metal, ore and precious metals exports and their high interest rates are generally quite attractive. China’s seemingly endless demand for these products has placed immense pressure on the production of copper, cement and steel for construction reasons and the caution amongst international investors has created a demand for gold as the safe haven against volatility in other financial markets. Finally, the lack of refining capacity has kept the cost of oil high and Canada, in particular, has benefited from the extra income their exports are generating. These would be enough reasons for the Canadian, Australian and New Zealand Dollars and the South African Rand to be strong but they are also offering the best interest rate returns in the developed world. Australia’s base rate is at 5.5%, Canada’s is at 3.0% and both New Zealand and South Africa offer 7.0%.

No wonder these currencies are pushing Sterling to the lowest levels seen in over a decade and no wonder, with UK interest rates on hold, the general direction for each of these is lower. The most dramatic of these is the GBP- CAD exchange rate which broke below C$2.0 over the weekend and is heading for C$1.93 unless something dramatic happens. This is all the wrong way for Canada bound migrants but forewarned is forearmed as they say.

Is this right?

Pardon me, Westybrook, earlier I did not realise that you were, in fact, questioning the accuracy of the exchange rate quoted on xe.com.

I have no idea whats normal and whats not. When I was living in LOS it was 73-74. I thought maybe 71 was pretty bad, but seeing it was once in the 30s I know 71 is still ok. 85 was an amazing rate :o How long ago was that?

Is this right?

I have no idea whats normal and whats not. When I was living in LOS it was 73-74. I thought maybe 71 was pretty bad, but seeing it was once in the 30s I know 71 is still ok. 85 was an amazing rate :o How long ago was that?

Are you trying to be stupid?

I have no idea whats normal and whats not.  When I was living in LOS it was 73-74.  I thought maybe 71 was pretty bad, but seeing it was once in the 30s I know 71 is still ok.  85 was an amazing rate :o  How long ago was that?

Are you trying to be stupid?

mittheimp, perhaps westybrook is merely ignorant of the fact that exchange rates can and do fluctuate, and he is unabashedly flaunting his ignorance. Not all British schools teach this simple fact of life.

On the other hand, he appeared to display some degree of savvy by his mention of his visit to xe.com. So, what does this make him? Do I smell a troll?

Or perhaps he is simply a lonely kid with a non-functioning apostrophe key on his keyboard who needs somebody with whom to chat, and he has chosen this forum for the purpose.

Edited by maestro