Looking For Quality Sports Shoes

connda

One thing I've noticed in Thailand: almost everything I wear is not imported to this country. For example - shoes. I've been wearing Avia cross-trainers for a bunch of years (since the 1980's). It's one of the best shoes that I have found in the market. Every pair I've bought is high-quality, fits me well, and performs great. Touble is...I can't find them here. I've tried Bangkok, Korat, and Chiang Mai. As far as I can tell, they aren't imported.

Ok! So I need to find another pair of "quality" cross-trainers. Now, what do I mean by "quality?" I mean: 1) shoes that do not wear out or fall apart quickly (I expect to get three to four years of wear out of a pair of sports shoes). 2) Shoes that fit better a few weeks after you buy them than the day you bought them (i.e., they break-in and form to your foot as opposed to breaking-down and quickly becoming a waste of money). Also, quality is not a function of money. Some of the worst shoes I've bought were the most expensive until I settled on buying Avia's -- which I can't buy here in Thailand.

So with that said, I use my shoes for walking, sprints, racketball, aerobics, and weight-training. I'd like to get some recommendation from like minded individuals: What shoes (especially cross-trainers) have you had success with that you have purchased in Thailand. I'm a recreationally athletic guy, about 180cm, and 80 kilograms, size 10 US feet. So, I'm looking for mens sports shoes! smile.png Any constructive responses and recommendations are truly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by connda

I feel your frustration. I gave up long ago and now simply buy them (Nike Shox R4) online. The tax isn't as much as you'd think but the shipping can be a bit steep depending on where it comes from.

Stores like Eastbay and Sneakerhead ship to Thailand with no problems.

I feel your frustration. I gave up long ago and now simply buy them (Nike Shox R4) online. The tax isn't as much as you'd think but the shipping can be a bit steep depending on where it comes from.

Stores like Eastbay and Sneakerhead ship to Thailand with no problems.

Thanks! I might just go that route.