Lebanese Terror Suspect Had Many Accomplices: Thai Police

webfact

i guess if you had a good training in the camps, you can build bombs with everything you can find in let's say : any 7/11, tesco, tops, big c ?

I would guess that the training isn't that good since this particular terrorist organistion funded by Iran who are alleged to be well trained in the dark arts haven't managed to kill anyone with a bomb since 1994. Maybe they can't get The 'A' Team on lebanese TV?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess if you had a good training in the camps, you can build bombs with everything you can find in let's say : any 7/11, tesco, tops, big c ?

I would guess that the training isn't that good since this particular terrorist organistion funded by Iran who are alleged to be well trained in the dark arts haven't managed to kill anyone with a bomb since 1994. Maybe they can't get The 'A' Team on lebanese TV?

The 'A' team only work for the good guys, not for the bad guys.

".........plotting to stage terror attacks in key foreign tourist sites on Sukhumvit and Khao San roads."

"......... The targets were allegedly people from countries considered hostile to the Arab world."

Whens the last time he went down Sukhumvit ? - its mainly Arab. I smell BS.

Edited by KRS1

".........plotting to stage terror attacks in key foreign tourist sites on Sukhumvit and Khao San roads."

"......... The targets were allegedly people from countries considered hostile to the Arab world."

Only Soi 3 is mainly Arab, or Soi Allah as my friends call it. As far as Khao San road is concerned, blowing up a few backpackers in guest houses or a few avant-garde Thais that frequent the place would not have much impact. The real target has to be Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. Easily accessed , and a very concentration of foreigners. Think I will avoid those places for a while............ :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen

How many times are the government going to change their minds about what's going on here?

Two people detained. One person left the country. One person deported because their was no crime. They were just planning here and not targeting Thailand. Then they found bomb making materials "for export". Photos were being taken of key sites. Then there's "many accomplices".

Maybe someone can come up with a better summary of the flip-flopping, because I just can't keep up.

Two people detained, not charged.

Materials that could possibly be used for bomb making, taken out of context as bomb making material. Detonators found? You don't just mix the two ingredients and make a bomb.

Photographs taken in Bangkok. How many pictures are taken each year?

Many accomplices, or is it many employees? They were exporting/smuggling these materials as control in this country is lax.

The above is one of many interpretations. If the information being given through the media is true, he would already be charged. One thing is for sure; he better hope he doesn't run into his little terrorist friends if he is divulging all this supposed information.

Only Soi 3 is mainly Arab, or Soi Allah as my friends call it. As far as Khao San road is concerned, blowing up a few backpackers in guest houses or a few avant-garde Thais that frequent the place would not have much impact. The real target has to be Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy. Easily accessed , and a very concentration of foreigners. Think I will avoid those places for a while............ :-)

Plenty of Arabs in those areas too, including numerous Arab owned venues.

Doesn't have to be a nightspot! All your shopping malls, eating places, 4/5 star hotels, sky train stations, bus terminals, airports, etc, etc, etc. Terrorists are winning without having to do anything by making the public afraid, unless most of the posters on TV consider themselves targets!

Doesn't have to be a nightspot! All your shopping malls, eating places, 4/5 star hotels, sky train stations, bus terminals, airports, etc, etc, etc. Terrorists are winning without having to do anything by making the public afraid, unless most of the posters on TV consider themselves targets!

"Terrorists are winning without having to do anything by making the public afraid, ", this is indeed the bottom line, it is why terrorists are called terrorists. People have to show resilience and carry on with their lives.

so after all the warning from US Embassy was REAL ... why the Thai government said it was not true then ..... another great example of Dont see Dont tell Dont talk ....giggle.gif

Oh it was and still is a real threat, the Thai police only moved on it, after they heard the warnings were out, tried to save face and catch the bad boy before he left. His co-hurts left already, without any problems. He probably paid them (the cpos) off to look the other way, but the cops couldn't when Israel and the US let the cat out of the bag.(sort to speak) It's all about looking good, and saving face. I for one am very proud the US Embassy let the cat out of the bag, and blew the whistle, made people move fast, like they should have a month or more ago.cheesy.gif

Some members of this forum act as if Thai, US and Israeli authorities should have been holding a running commentary as this case progressed. Oh there is nothing in the Bangkok Post / Nation it cant be true. Do you expect the police to provide details of any ongoing investigation???

Looks as if the Thai authorities got a result - perhaps a "well done" rather than constant negativity would suffice.

The conspiracy theorists and anti US / Israel posters are starting to bore the tits off me.

just curious but was is it specifically that the Thai poilce have done that warrants the accolade of " well done" just asking the question not challenging you

There is one country that is missing from the intelligence services mentioned. Our friendly men in flip flops. This region is under the watchful eye of Australia (and New Zealand). The 5 Eyes see all, and I would expect that the Echelon structure was busy intercepting all manner of communications from phone calls, to faxes, to data transmissions.

Basically, if a known terrorist sends an email from Bangkok to a buddy in Islamabad indicating that he's had a good bowel movement, chances are the Signals group will pick it up and the info will be shared between the 5 Eyes (USA, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

.. like the flipflops who really flopped when the French Government assassins blew up the Rainbow Warrior in New Zealand, made their escape to Australia, where they were allowed to slip through the Aussies' flipflopping fingers.

The safest place in bangkok right now is Nana area, as they are heavily populated with Middle East people.

I don't think any Middle Eastern terrorists would want to blow up their own people.

"I don't think any Middle Eastern terrorists would want to blow up their own people." .... ??

Where have you been during the past 12 months?

The safest place in bangkok right now is Nana area, as they are heavily populated with Middle East people.

I don't think any Middle Eastern terrorists would want to blow up their own people.

"I don't think any Middle Eastern terrorists would want to blow up their own people." .... ??

Fair point, but look at Bali. The terrorists there bombed a disco they knew was popular with western, mostly Aussie tourists. Would they have rather chosen a disco filled with pan-Middle eastern people to make a global terror statement? I think not.

If there would be anything concrete in the warning the US and Israel would have issued an arrest warrant. Thai police and security officials have done a good job so far. They are careful not to step on someones toes. Thai authorities even alerted the countries of destination. So it's still based on assumptions. The warnings are probably due to spying activities by aliens in Thailand. Now this is another hot potato nobody has mentioned here before.

Of course, this is one reason why the claims are so vague so not to have to uncover the spies.

Would it be alright when Thailand sends spies to the US and Israel?

Again, follow the money trail if you want to uncover the threat. This is the only avenue that doesn't lie in an investigation. You can trace it back to 10 - 15 years if you have to.

If there would be anything concrete in the warning the US and Israel would have issued an arrest warrant. Thai police and security officials have done a good job so far. They are careful not to step on someones toes. Thai authorities even alerted the countries of destination. So it's still based on assumptions. The warnings are probably due to spying activities by aliens in Thailand. Now this is another hot potato nobody has mentioned here before.

Of course, this is one reason why the claims are so vague so not to have to uncover the spies.

Again, follow the money trail if you want to uncover the threat. This is the only avenue that doesn't lie in an investigation. You can trace it back to 10 - 15 years if you have to.

I am glad Israel does not spy on the US, can you say Pollard. But they said they would not do it anymore. It seems obvious to me that the US warning was a motivation tool for Thailand to do something about a situation that the US considered dangerous. I think when they do the US will lift it's warning or change it. Follow the money trail is a good idea and probably why Thailand does not want to learn to much about what is actually happening.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-14557594

Try 2005, and that's for "sexy" targets, not counting "smaller" ones inside Lebanon.

Three associates of terror suspect possibly left Thailand: Police

image_20120118170301F04502E6-088A-E070-23F116DFFC760711.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 18 – Three men believed to be of Middle Eastern origin and allegedly associated with a Lebanese man carrying Swedish passport detained in a Thai terror investigation are believed to have left the country, Metropolitan Police Commissioner Lt-Gen Winai Thongsong said on Wednesday.

Following the arrest of Atris Hussein, the terror suspect, last week, the Thai police tracked down other three Middle Eastern men implicated by circumstantial evidence, he said.

Metropolitan police cooperated with the Immigration Bureau to review their travel records and found that it is possible that they have already left Thailand as they were last seen six months ago, Gen Winai said.

According to information provided by security agencies, he said, it is believed that no Thai nationals are involved in the possession of explosive materials but some may have helped the suspect.

Police on Tuesday searched the suspect’s living place and found no additional irregularities.

Gen Winai assured the public that the situation was under control and that intelligence affirmed nothing is worrisome. He said, however, that the police are not complacent and will remain vigilance at three locations frequented by foreign tourists -- Khao San Road, Soi Rambuttri and Soi Sukhumvit 22.

After the arrest of Mr Hussein, the police on Monday searched a warehouse in Samut Prakhon province, west of Bangkok, and seized urea fertiliser and liquid ammonium nitrate, linked to the suspect.

Deputy National Police Chief Pol Gen Pansiri Prapawaton Wednesday shrugged off a local media report which was sceptical about the raid. He insisted that it was not a set-up incident.

In his capacity as chief police investigator in the case, Gen Pansiri said the investigation team is now tracking down both Thais and foreigners who had contact with Mr Hussein during the past two years, when he entered Thailand 11 times for police questioning. It would take some time before concluding the investigation.

So far, based on existing evidence, no additional charges will be pressed against Mr Hussain, Gen Pansiri said.

Meanwhile, the US embassy’s advice on the terror threat alert to its citizens in Thailand still stands as it was issued on Friday, a day after Mr Hussein was arrested at Suvarnabhumi Airport. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2012-01-18

Hezbollah's actions within Lebanon led to more that one innocent local getting hurt. Bombs are like that. Latest round of firing rockets on Israel saw also Arab settelments within Israel getting hit. Not sure, btw, how much they see the Nana clientele as "their own people".

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-14557594

Try 2005, and that's for "sexy" targets, not counting "smaller" ones inside Lebanon.

Maybe so but this one does seem to be more of an asassination than a terror attack on a civilian population. Not saying it is right but, in the context of Lebanese politics, it is miles away from an terror attack on 'soft targets' in Bangkok.

• Like 1

I am glad Israel does not spy on the US, can you say Pollard. But they said they would not do it anymore. It seems obvious to me that the US warning was a motivation tool for Thailand to do something about a situation that the US considered dangerous. I think when they do the US will lift it's warning or change it. Follow the money trail is a good idea and probably why Thailand does not want to learn to much about what is actually happening.

Sure there are a few other nation that don't want to know the revealing trails.

"If there would be anything concrete in the warning the US and Israel would have issued an arrest warrant."

And the charge would be..........??? Right up to the point where a bomb explodes and kills one or more of their nationals, what crimes have been committed as far as these jurusdictions are concerned?

Some members of this forum act as if Thai, US and Israeli authorities should have been holding a running commentary as this case progressed. Oh there is nothing in the Bangkok Post / Nation it cant be true. Do you expect the police to provide details of any ongoing investigation???

Looks as if the Thai authorities got a result - perhaps a "well done" rather than constant negativity would suffice.

The conspiracy theorists and anti US / Israel posters are starting to bore the tits off me.

just curious but was is it specifically that the Thai poilce have done that warrants the accolade of " well done" just asking the question not challenging you

They have appeared in front of the camera many times and stated look what we have found or with the guy in handcuffs being paraded around....that's about all their good for.

Are you kidding? Arab terrorists blow up their own people on a daily basis. Do you follow the news? Nana would be a juicy target for them, because it epitomizes decadence. Psychologically speaking, it also exemplifies what they privately crave most of all. There are innumerable examples of 'high and mighty' proselatizers (Muslim, Christian, and all other sects) outwardly condemning the things they secretly crave themselves.

Debate aside, there's one thing that's quite clear about this story and that's that the US State Department's story (recall hiccup aside) hasn't changed, while the Thai government's story changes and contradicts itself sometimes on an hourly basis. When this first came out, many people took to posting rants about the US and how this was clearly nonsense and so on, but since the warning was issued the Thai government has denied the threat, made arrests, seized supposed bomb-making materials, made statements about official Hizbollah policy (reportedly via the suspect), announced accomplices, sent angry messages to the American government via the press, called in Ambassadors for a tongue-lashing and has been the source of endless conjecture. This latest back and forth about finding bomb making materials while claiming that Bangkok isn't a target is just another laughable contradiction. It's obviously A Real Thing and people should take heed of that, regardless of their foreign policy beliefs.

• Like 2

In an earlier thread I'm pretty sure I read that they had 'deported' this Hussain guy. I thought that would be a very stupid thing to do. How I am relieved to see that he is still in custody. I hope that they will 'squeeze' as much detail out of him as possible..........................

No, he was looking for reputable export companies. He can't read Thai, so he takes pictures and has someone translate the signs. Export fertilizer in fan boxes. There are so many advantages. Large quantities per box. About the same weight. Same distribution of weight...makes sense to me. Case closed-no danger to Thai tourists.

I have a few Thai friends that have recently been asked (by an Australian-Pakistani guy) to translate company names from photographs taken around BKK ... they get paid 1 Baht per word and this 'work' came via a 'chance meeting'.

I am currently in the process of trying to contact them to voice my concerns.

There is quite a lot of friction between the Shi-ites and the Sunnis and other frations within the these divisions .