Should Fat Farang Be Charged More For Taking Up Too Much Space On Songthaews?

theblether

Should Fat Farang Be Charged More For Taking Up Too Much Space On Songthaews? I mean its just a disgrace!! I was in one the other day and two guys got on ( well they kinda dragged themselves on ) and after the suspension recovered from the shock, I started to fear for my life every time the songthaew cornered sharply!! Whats going on with that!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do agree that fat farangs should pay double the fare on public transport.

But to not appear as a fatist, why not charge skinny farangs only half fare on public transport?

A couple of weeks ago I was travelling by Songthaew in Chiang Mai. Packed to the hilt it was and I found myself sandwiched in-between 2 mini skirted lovely young student girls. It was the first time that I actually enjoyed the hussle and the bustle of the rush hour, especially when the taxi was speeding around those tight corners.

Tow Wang Ngu...wink.png

I've been thinking about this for a long time. How does the airplane companies calculate this? I mean there must be a maximum weight that the airplane can move safely, and they have a specific amount of seats that they want to fill (all). So, have they calculated that x % of their customers are owerweight and some are underweight. Not to mention if you want to bring luggage that weight more than the norm, they are happy to take it onboard for an extra fee. So how do they know when it's over the limit for a safe flight? unsure.png

I've been thinking about this for a long time. How does the airplane companies calculate this? I mean there must be a maximum weight that the airplane can move safely, and they have a specific amount of seats that they want to fill (all). So, have they calculated that x % of their customers are owerweight and some are underweight. Not to mention if you want to bring luggage that weight more than the norm, they are happy to take it onboard for an extra fee. So how do they know when it's over the limit for a safe flight? unsure.png

What if one is a chronic farter....within tighted confined and regulated public space?

Why only fat farang?

Maybe all fat people should pay more like on certain airlines.

I do...I fly business class all the time.........cause I can.........

Also do not want to annoy all the cheap charlies hehehehe.

I am not that fat but only feel comfortable where there is space.....

Well, I think people with young kids should pay more and made to muzzle their kids as well as restrain them on all forms of transport and public areas. Also, people who use in cabin large bags should pay more for the inconvenience of having to wait for them to get off planes. Also, people with body odour should pay more. People who talk to you should pay more when you don''t know them, and really want them to shut up and leave you in peace. People with movement impeding problems should not be allowed as well for safety reasons.

Well maybe not. Lots of reasons people can think of though to make people pay more or go away. Lucky though that it is not taken seriously because the prices for everything will just keep going up and up, and the only loser is you.

• Like 2

I think we fat farangs should be made to sit on-top, or tied to the radiator-grill, as mascots ! unsure.png

I like that suggestion immensely, especially when it comes from a member of the community it concerns. I am sure the Thais will love to adopt your suggestionsbiggrin.png

One of the good things about bahtbuses is that real fatties cant get into them anyway.

I've never understood why airlines impose a weight limit on luggage that doesn't take into account the weight of the passenger also.

• Like 2

Problem is what is fat - overweight - Big ?

is it what the scales say ?

​Myself on charts I am Obese, or am I ?

191 tall [6'3] 111 kg [Hospital scale last month]

Same weight now as 45 years ago

Size 47 feet

117 chest, but skin tight over rib cage..

​So am I classed as Obese - fat - overweight - Big ?

Out of interest my Grand father was the same, my Mother her 2 Sisters and 3 Brothers we were all the same build

Interestingly enough ‘Semper’ this very topic came up on an episode of ‘Air Crash Investigation’ a plane crashed and it was found that the plane was grossly overweight. The old weight figures set by the FAA were out dated, (the plane was full of porkers) so all the flight calculations were out!

Airlines have to work on a set weight plus max baggage weight per passenger to arrive at there all up flight weight. The FAA now regularly carries out passenger weight surveys.

The airlines shy away from charging passengers by the pound, if they thought they could get away with it…….They would, but they know the ‘porkers’ would just switch airlines, (unless they all did it) and there are a lot of ‘porker’ out there.

Unfortunately songthaew drivers don’t fall under the FAA, and even as sensitive as these drivers are to the feelings of overweight farang……… Business is business, after all a lot of service providers, (not all) charge extra price for white skin in Thailand, so why the shock about this.

I take it this thread was tongue in cheek. Anyway ill be classed big and heavy for sure. Muscle does weigh a lot more as fat.

What i consider fat is people with an enormous beer gut. Big is when your chest still sticks out over your belly. (if its muscle :P)

At 6'3" in Thailand I would guess you are considered a giant.

Problem is what is fat - overweight - Big ?

is it what the scales say ?

​Myself on charts I am Obese, or am I ?

191 tall [6'3] 111 kg [Hospital scale last month]

Same weight now as 45 years ago

Size 47 feet

117 chest, but skin tight over rib cage..

​So am I classed as Obese - fat - overweight - Big ?

Out of interest my Grand father was the same, my Mother her 2 Sisters and 3 Brothers we were all the same build

Where would you guys draw the line weight wise on charging extra out of curiousity?

I believe its the width of arse and shoulders that should determine fee.

Word...

I fly to and from Samoa a bit for work... they don't make too many small Samoans... if you are in the middle of a row of three, you are in trouble, and they aren't necessarily fatties... for the men it is shoulders, for the women usually both...