Pickups Best To Buy And Best Service In Your Opinion

petercallen

Ford 2.2 Wildtrak will be delivered in April, 3.2 in August. This from Jay the guy who has worked at Ford for many years. I was there on Friday & saw the standard 2.2 AT which looked OK but I would not rave about it although it does have 150HP & the 3.2 is 200HP. He was on about Newton something (cannot recall car sales people mentioning this in the past) which he felt important to tell me but I switched off as when it comes to power I can easily compare engine sizes with HP. Not sure how one engine of the same size can generate more HP than another.

They told me April when i placed a order in February, sounds like things have not changed

I would like to see your WT when it comes.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wondered is the new Mazda BT50 selling better than the new Ford ?

4 Thai friends have all ordered the new BT50 this last week, all said they tested the Ford....... + one other has just got his new BT50, but do not count him as he is a Mazda man for many years, until this last week having a 5 month old BT50 Hi-Racer+, 1 year old 3 and a 10 month old 2, he sold the 2 and replaced with the new BT50... [his wife says sure to have floods again, and the Mazda 2 had to go away and be stored for 2 months, and the pickup can use in floods]

The other 4 are all 1st time Mazda owners, one has the Nissan Navara top model, one has a 2 year old Ford the other 2 both have the Mitz one the Plus, all say the new BT50 is way better to drive, looks and package. and yes I am sure in 2 years when it is time to replace my 1 year old .BT50 Hi-Racer+, it will be the new BT50........... Other the the Mitz and Nissan soon to be replaced the other all look the same, at least the BT50 stands out.

Ford 2.2 Wildtrak will be delivered in April, 3.2 in August. This from Jay the guy who has worked at Ford for many years. I was there on Friday & saw the standard 2.2 AT which looked OK but I would not rave about it although it does have 150HP & the 3.2 is 200HP. He was on about Newton something (cannot recall car sales people mentioning this in the past) which he felt important to tell me but I switched off as when it comes to power I can easily compare engine sizes with HP. Not sure how one engine of the same size can generate more HP than another.

They told me April when i placed a order in February, sounds like things have not changed

I would like to see your WT when it comes.

No problem you will, It looks great on the Internet and advertising material

Katabeachbum:

as an honorary member and +10.000 posts, I think its time I quit Phuket Forum. Sad some other +10.000 posts members have done the same. I miss some of them.

Phuket, take advice from someone else, the newbieshit-the-fan.gif

the newbies in Chiang mai know all about Phuketclap2.gif clap2.gif intheclub.gif

For your information , this is not an exclusive forum for the use of a few, all members are welcome to air their opinions.

It is of no relevance none whatsoever if you have 10 posts or 25,000 that freedom is there regardless.

If anything , have a bit of respect to newbies , perhaps with 10K + posts you might have the courtesy of guiding them along instead of shooting them down in flames.

I second that. KBB needs to come down from his high horse.

I'm sorry if the kbb guy lost his cool because of my constant pushing him to be accountable for his frequent posts on high speed driving.He appears to have had a major flip-out about my questioning him.

I am indeed a low count poster and maybe shouldn't have goaded him, but i just wanted to hear him try and justify his statements here. Sorry if others are offended, and appologise for derailing the 'pick-up thread.'

As a former professional driver myself, it is instilled into you that even tho you have had above average training and possess skills way above the average driver that you are indeed a professional and that professionalism should automatically be evident to all.

In fact you should not at all be any more noticed when driving than the average driver is, except maybe if do get into a dangerous situation, you can easily escape safely.

For kbb to be continually boasting about his extreme travels at very high speeds and his hinting that because of his long history of race/rally/ testing cars that he was actually entitled to drive in what can only be described as an arrogant,foolhardy,self indulgant and reckless manner with absolutely a total disregard for the safety of others[even family in his own vehical!!]

And then to have the gall to tell others not to do the same, because apparently he and he alone has this special dispensation to drive a 2-3 tonne missile on Thai roads[which are far removed from auto bahn condition to quote the obvious]

I pray that when and not if he has his long overdue '' high speed incident'' that he is alone in his vehical and does not kill and maim a large number of innocent road users.I really do, as he seems to have no concept lt all of the consequences of a 2-3 tonne missiles effect on whatever it contacts at the high speed he drives.

I guess we all break some road rules now and again, but his flagrant extreme breaches of speed limits and his attempts to legitimise these..new tyres, frequent activation/testing of ABS,knowing where ALL the escape paths off the highways,etc,etc is mind numbing....Granted they are all important aspects of skilled driving,and he is mostly correct in what he says, but in the right place at the right time!!

Definately not on Thai roads ...not at all the place IMHO..No doubt he disagrees but tough cookies...hes wrong!

End of rave..[just to get my post count up haha]

Finally..I was asked what my posted VSIP meant.hehe i thought that it was obvious and very applicable..Very Self Important Person...

End of sermon...Be safe on the crazy roads.The life you save may be your own!!

Edited by maipompui

Katabeachbum:

as an honorary member and +10.000 posts, I think its time I quit Phuket Forum. Sad some other +10.000 posts members have done the same. I miss some of them.

the newbies in Chiang mai know all about Phuketclap2.gif clap2.gif intheclub.gif

For your information , this is not an exclusive forum for the use of a few, all members are welcome to air their opinions.

It is of no relevance none whatsoever if you have 10 posts or 25,000 that freedom is there regardless.

If anything , have a bit of respect to newbies , perhaps with 10K + posts you might have the courtesy of guiding them along instead of shooting them down in flames.

I second that. KBB needs to come down from his high horse.

I'm sorry if the kbb guy lost his cool because of my constant pushing him to be accountable for his frequent posts on high speed driving.He appears to have had a major flip-out about my questioning him.

I am indeed a low count poster and maybe shouldn't have goaded him, but i just wanted to hear him try and justify his statements here. Sorry if others are offended, and appologise for derailing the 'pick-up thread.'

As a former professional driver myself, it is instilled into you that even tho you have had above average training and possess skills way above the average driver that you are indeed a professional and that professionalism should automatically be evident to all.

In fact you should not at all be any more noticed when driving than the average driver is, except maybe if do get into a dangerous situation, you can easily escape safely.

For kbb to be continually boasting about his extreme travels at very high speeds and his hinting that because of his long history of race/rally/ testing cars that he was actually entitled to drive in what can only be described as an arrogant,foolhardy,self indulgant and reckless manner with absolutely a total disregard for the safety of others[even family in his own vehical!!]

And then to have the gall to tell others not to do the same, because apparently he and he alone has this special dispensation to drive a 2-3 tonne missile on Thai roads[which are far removed from auto bahn condition to quote the obvious]

I pray that when and not if he has his long overdue '' high speed incident'' that he is alone in his vehical and does not kill and maim a large number of innocent road users.I really do, as he seems to have no concept lt all of the consequences of a 2-3 tonne missiles effect on whatever it contacts at the high speed he drives.

I guess we all break some road rules now and again, but his flagrant extreme breaches of speed limits and his attempts to legitimise these..new tyres, frequent activation/testing of ABS,knowing where ALL the escape paths off the highways,etc,etc is mind numbing....Granted they are all important aspects of skilled driving,and he is mostly correct in what he says, but in the right place at the right time!!

Definately not on Thai roads ...not at all the place IMHO..No doubt he disagrees but tough cookies...hes wrong!

End of rave..[just to get my post count up haha]

Finally..I was asked what my posted VSIP meant.hehe i thought that it was obvious and very applicable..Very Self Important Person...

End of sermon...Be safe on the crazy roads.The life you save may be your own!!

clap2.gifclap2.gif jesus h...mind ya blood pressure..go have a beer or bonk or whatever....

oh and KBB your obviously a petrol head so you're you advice and experience is of value, not hard to ignore the "know all bits" same as those famous DIYers.......like any education media.....take what ya need and disregard the rest (...apologies to Billy Joel....) no need to take your ball and go home.....violin.giflicklips.gif

Edited by David006

may I ask you why you think its Ok for you to drive at illegal speeds?

No clarification,,,,why, i wonder?hehe

Same as when kbb was talking about his highspeed trips to and from hua hin-phuket at outrageous speeds/ times and he was challenged to show proof from the GPS...no response then, also..

I think i've worked it out...a few options;

You work for the TV show Top Gear.......and are one of the 3 hosts..[or are maybe even the STIG!!}

You are James Bond...on secret assignment in t/land

You are a VSIP...giggle.gif

hmm, new members, yes this one has been with us for 48 posts and 2 months and mainly in Chiang Mai, questioning my lack of ability to connect my GPS to laptop a year ago, never kept it secret i am almost computer illeterate. Where do all the topgear/james bond heros come from? and <deleted> does VSIP mean?

the newbies in Chiang mai know all about Phuketclap2.gifclap2.gifintheclub.gif

as for motoring, why the f-ck should I care if someone rearends me with 5 yo tyres, they have to pay anyway. mak mak, ad bail bond

ok rant over, I was rearended a year back, by a Marine Police in uniform, I was waiting for green, newbies and "not fat" reincarnation, thats not the same as stopping for red. Thing is, he didnt have a drivers lisence for car, yes he was driving a car. Well, I thought, lets make a friend , not an enemy, especially not a Thai Police. We solved it. None paid a baht.

oh, back on pickup topic, news about Ranger today, those of us who made early deposits for wild tracks, thats last year, might get delivery in a couple of months. Close race between my mazda bt50 3,2 deposit and ford ranger 3,2 deposit. the winner gets paidgiggle.gif

How can someone who travels at 100 to110kph rear end you when you claim speeds on different posts of 160 to 180KPH

I think my 5 year old tyres are safer at the speeds i drive at than your new tyres at the speeds you drive at

KBB don't go away. I enjoy your posts and appreciate the advice you give, even though I might be a dumb female & off topic...

He's gone.

Understatement of the year.

Guess he won't be having that pick-up he put a deposit on delivered, either.

How can someone who travels at 100 to110kph rear end you when you claim speeds on different posts of 160 to 180KPH

I think my 5 year old tyres are safer at the speeds i drive at than your new tyres at the speeds you drive at

With respect Mr Callen, you cannot really describe yourself as somebody who is comfortable with driving at high speeds. That's OK - everybody's driving abilities are different.

I realise there are some strange repercussions from KBB's involvement with this thread, so I'll leave it at that.

Edited by nkg

With respect Mr Callen, you cannot really describe yourself as somebody who is comfortable with driving at high speeds. That's OK - everybody's driving abilities are different.

I realise there are some strange repercussions from KBB's involvement with this thread, so I'll leave it at that.

With all respect nkg i drive at safe speeds not dangerous speeds and according to road conditions