Great American Rib Co.

ross163103

Does anyone know where the Great American Rib co. has moved too; or IF they even opened again in Pattaya? They were located on Thepprasit Rd. but have moved. I e-mailed the Hua Hin branch quite a while ago and got a response saying they were opening again in another location in Pattaya, but haven't heard anything since.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Wasn't it on Threpprasit? Not the greatest location for the tourist trade which congregates in South Pattaya, but maybe ok for those with transportation. I heard about the place but never made the effort, and too much effort is important when there are restaurants everywhere, to hop on a baht bus or take a motorcycle taxi to find the place.

Wasn't it on Threpprasit? Not the greatest location for the tourist trade which congregates in South Pattaya, but maybe ok for those with transportation. I heard about the place but never made the effort, and too much effort is important when there are restaurants everywhere, to hop on a baht bus or take a motorcycle taxi to find the place.

Yes it all depends. I went twice with my family (in the car) so for us it was perfect, looked like most customers was expats which maybe isn't enough. Many places around town we can't go in the car, try park a car in soi buakhao, impossible.

Its 90% likely that they shut down due to low earnings.

Too bad the taxi meters don't obide by their contract with city hall.

There are lots of businesses that I would support if I could only get there in comfort and not be cheated.

So true. Of course, foreigners don't matter here, but think of the Thai owned businesses and Thai workers who have their income diminished because they aren't convenient due to the transport mafia.

At least is was very something. I had some good things there. I really liked their wings with suicide sauce (imported). The funny thing is that I had never tried wings even once in the US, my first experience was a GARC in Thailand.

Edited by Jingthing

Well, the location was definitely a factor.

We do have that new place with a better location, Lone Star BBQ on Soi Lengkee. It seems to be doing at least OK. Haven't tried the ribs there yet.

Actually, an American food that I would like to eat much more than pork ribs is a good plate of beef "PRIME RIB".

(Vegetarians, cover your eyes.)

post-37101-0-40416000-1327776013_thumb.j

Or back to the American BBQ theme, is there any place in town that does BBQ beef brisket? OMG, I want some of that.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

We do have that new place with a better location, Lone Star BBQ on Soi Lengkee. It seems to be doing at least OK. Haven't tried the ribs there yet.

Actually, an American food that I would like to eat much more than pork ribs is a good plate of beef "PRIME RIB".

Or back the the American BBQ theme, is there any place in town that does BBQ beef brisket? OMG, I want some of that.

The meat looks OK I suppose but surely someone was sick on the plate after consuming some sweetcorn?

I just received this message from the manager of the Hua Hin branch. I thought they were moving but I guess they decided against it.

Hello,

Unfortunately our new location will not be up and running any time soon. Investors are tentative due to the slow economy. Sorry again.

- Show quoted text -

Work 02.661.2990 ext 204

Fax 06.661.2991

www.greatrib.com

www.twitter.com/greatrib

www.facebook.com/greatrib

Edited by ross163103

Or back to the American BBQ theme, is there any place in town that does BBQ beef brisket? OMG, I want some of that.

It has been a bit since I talked with John, the owner of Del-izza , but I think he said that if I wanted it he could get beef brisket and pork ribs and pulled pork. Maybe you should drop by and see what he has now. I also think he said he would make a Philly cheese steak.