The Myth....

zzaa09

Gold Digger, Security or Survival  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Doesn't leave a lot after you've forked out 80K on the school fees... and 20K tax on the school fees...

I suppose different people have different expectations in life, but mine didn't suddenly change because I was working in Thailand

SC

B100K on school associated fees/taxes?

Where would that be?

indeed, sounds cheap to me.

That's about what I spend on school fees a month, plus the tax on the school fees. They're invoiced termly, but I budget monthly.

If I budget...

SC

it sounds ok from a term perspective, but monthly, ouch. more than 1 child i gather....

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immature stupid women marry for love. Mature intelligent women marry for trust and security.

Interesting perspective. I'm curious to know what you think men marry for...particularly foreigners in Thailand.

It took me ten years here in Thailand to find a good wife who could up with me. I had six live ins over the years. I made the typical mistakes that most foreigners make. I was more concerned with youth and looks than with substance. The priority of having beautiful arm candy is fun for a while but the relationship seldom lasts. Some say that age is not important. I believe those that say that are simply trying to fool themselves. The formula of half the man's age plus seven years worked for me. Substance to me means that you have to know a woman well. Your lifestyle, goals and tastes must be similar.

My greatest lust was for a woman who worked for a computer hard drive company. The age difference was acceptable but our personalities were far too different. She needed status and would wear only expensive designer clothes. She needed five star restaurants and hotels. I actually dislike fancy places and am more at home on a farm. This woman has been quite successful and she is still very beautiful at 44 years old. She is also still single and has never been married. We are still friends.

My wife and I have been together for 8 years and have been legally married for 7 years. She actively still farms and we live out in the boonies. My wife doesn't own a dress and owns no makeup, not even a tube of lipstick. I should add that my wife is quite attractive, beautiful in my eyes, hard working and very fit. I am more content than I have ever been in my entire lifetime. I'm not a wealthy man but we are quite comfortable. My wife insists on working in the fields even though she certainly doesn't have to. I would like to see her quit but she insists it is her duty and her place in life.

She is a very secure person and doesn't have a jealous bone in her body. She could easily get along without me but she chooses to keep me. She has been very busy cutting sugar cane and she urged me to take a holiday with a visiting friend from the US. I just got back from a trip to Phnom Penh. Sihanoukville, Bangkok, Pattaya and Jomtien. After 3 weeks away, I was very happy to get back home. She will finish cutting her sugar cane today so the timing was about right. When I am gone, she doesn't have to take time out to clean the house and cook for me.

Edited by Gary A

Immature stupid women marry for love. Mature intelligent women marry for trust and security.

Interesting perspective. I'm curious to know what you think men marry for...particularly foreigners in Thailand.

It took me ten years here in Thailand to find a good wife who could up with me. I had six live ins over the years. I made the typical mistakes that most foreigners make. I was more concerned with youth and looks than with substance. The priority of having beautiful arm candy is fun for a while but the relationship seldom lasts. Some say that age is not important. I believe those that say that are simply trying to fool themselves. The formula of half the man's age plus seven years worked for me. Substance to me means that you have to know a woman well. Your lifestyle, goals and tastes must be similar.

My greatest lust was for a woman who worked for a computer hard drive company. The age difference was acceptable but our personalities were far too different. She needed status and would wear only expensive designer clothes. She needed five star restaurants and hotels. I actually dislike fancy places and am more at home on a farm. This woman has been quite successful and she is still very beautiful at 44 years old. She is also still single and has never been married. We are still friends.

My wife and I have been together for 8 years and have been legally married for 7 years. She actively still farms and we live out in the boonies. My wife doesn't own a dress and owns no makeup, not even a tube of lipstick. I should add that my wife is quite attractive, beautiful in my eyes, hard working and very fit. I am more content than I have ever been in my entire lifetime. I'm not a wealthy man but we are quite comfortable. My wife insists on working in the fields even though she certainly doesn't have to. I would like to see her quit but she insists it is her duty and her place in life.

She is a very secure person and doesn't have a jealous bone in her body. She could easily get along without me but she chooses to keep me. She has been very busy cutting sugar cane and she urged me to take a holiday with a visiting friend from the US. I just got back from a trip to Phnom Penh. Sihanoukville, Bangkok, Pattaya and Jomtien. After 3 weeks away, I was very happy to get back home. She will finish cutting her sugar cane today so the timing was about right. When I am gone, she doesn't have to take time out to clean the house and cook for me.

This sounds like it could be the big "L," but you do sound rather happy with your lot in life. I do recognize that men and women are different in so far as what they want in an ideal mate.

That's about what I spend on school fees a month, plus the tax on the school fees. They're invoiced termly, but I budget monthly.

If I budget...

SC

That is a big nut to carry...I hope they appreciate it.

Well...one can only educate to one extreme or another. After that, the OTT expenses become moot and ridiculous.

An education will not guarantee anything. Certainly as it applies to an exorbitant investment.