The Myth....

zzaa09

Gold Digger, Security or Survival  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who put up ridiculous polls like this reveal far more about themselves than they mean too, I'm sure.

What an utterly ridiculous thread. Women and men are no different in Thailand than anywhere else in the world; men want to find more nubile and fertile sex partners all around the world; women want security. Nothing wrong with that and it is as common in Wimbledon Sw19 as it is in the Borneo jungle, Indian caste system, Russian steppes and - yes - Thailand.

To make a thread focusing solely on Thai women is, frankly, pathetic and insulting.

Don't stop posting. Your intelligence and logic clarifies the idiotic.

As an aside, I'm starting to recall why I stopped posting on Thai visa several years ago. Stone me, people on here aren't very bright, are they?

Personally I find our zzaa09 thread quite interesting.

What I normally do is that if I think a theme of any particular thread is naff, than I just skip it and go on to something else.

Actually bothering to comment that you don`t like someone`s thread for the sake of? Is a complete waste of time and effort, so I agree, people on here aren't very bright, are they?

• Like 1

The majority prefer to hook up with their own kind I guess same as anywhere else.

A substantial minority of this generation and the cusp of the last generation have cast their Thai counterparts aside....as a growing trend has developed of dismissing Thai guys as life partners. A [real or not] stereotype has been secured for Thai men - lazy, infidelity, drinking, traditional macho attitude etc. A sort of bitterness has gained popularity amongst a broad circle of Thai females. I know scores of eligible women that want nothing to do with Thai gentlemen.

Added, the easier access to the possibilities of snagging a Farang has encouraged this fashion.

I would love to agree with you, but I’m having a difficult time choosing between what you say and what I see with my own eyes. If Thai girls—even a sizable minority—preferred farangs, then I’d imagine we’d see some quality Thai women with farangs. Yet, most of the attractive, well educated, well-off, and dare I say, “normal” Thai women are almost all with Thai men. I rarely see a Thai celeb with a farang, or even in soaps, Thai movies, or Thai videos. If it’s a “trend,” as you say, I would think the trendsetters would be among the converts.

Contrast that with the Thai women you see with farangs. You know, the uneducated Isaan peasant girls who are not only unattractive, but carry significant baggage, e.g., single mom, penniless, uneducated, etc. And if some of the threads on TV are to be believed, these Thai women are also headcases with temper tantrums who are carrying on with several farangs at the same time.

I tend to believe that the truth is somewhere in between. There is a small demographic of Thai girls who are interested in farangs. Unfortunately, these are not Thailand’s best and brightest. They choose farangs because of the financial factor, mostly. As Meom says, most Thai girls prefer their own, i.e., someone they can actually communicate with and relate to. Not rocket science and nothing to be ashamed of, frankly. It’s this way the world over.

• Like 2

I have some Thai female friends who would never consider a foreign husband because it does not with their own values and society expectations. Not that diffferent to views of many US/European?Middle Eastern girls who would not want a partner from another culture due to peer pressure.

Girls the world over who are not fortunate enough to have a rich family or good education and indepenent earnings will always put security on their list of desirable attributes for their partner.

Thai girls are no different, but they are better looking than most - so they can put desire into action and hook a suitable mate. The only reason that many UK girls are not actively chasing well-off older men to mate with is that the welfare state pays them to be single mothers.

So most girls want security, a 'good heart' and a fathful companion, and if he's not too ugly, that's a bonus.

(PS Many Thai Celebs are half Thai/half falang - so the social norms may change in the future)

Edited by Familyonthemove
  • Like 1

I have some Thai female friends who would never consider a foreign husband because it does not with their own values and society expectations. Not that diffferent to views of many US/European?Middle Eastern girls who would not want a partner from another culture due to peer pressure.

Girls the world over who are not fortunate enough to have a rich family or good education and indepenent earnings will always put security on their list of desirable attributes for their partner.

Agree, and exactly my point (in my previous post).

People who put up ridiculous polls like this reveal far more about themselves than they mean too, I'm sure.

What an utterly ridiculous thread. Women and men are no different in Thailand than anywhere else in the world; men want to find more nubile and fertile sex partners all around the world; women want security. Nothing wrong with that and it is as common in Wimbledon Sw19 as it is in the Borneo jungle, Indian caste system, Russian steppes and - yes - Thailand.

To make a thread focusing solely on Thai women is, frankly, pathetic and insulting.

Pathetic and insulting? Can you really be that unobservant? There are millions of men who come from all over the world, literally millions of men, to be with Thai women as opposed to the women of their home countries. Why do you think they come here? Because the women are the same?

Don't give me the hooker thing. There are hookers everywhere and when you factor in the transportation costs probably cheaper where they came from.

So let me lay it out for you. Millions of men come to Thailand because the women are different. Not because of cheap sex.

Millions of men come to Thailand because they like to keep the company of Thai women because they are different than the women of their home countries.

Any man with half a brain can detail 100 reasons of the top of their head why. I know I could list a 1000 reasons. I could also give you cultural, geographical and climatic reasons for those differences just to name a few. You may be the most politically correct guy in the world but millions of men can't be wrong. Go outside and look. It's not hard. There are millions of Farang walking around with Thai women and both the man and woman are smiling and laughing. Now call up a buddy in the old country and ask him if he sees the same thing.

I have no idea what any of this post has to do with the premise of the OP, which is that the vast majority of Thai women are after foreign men for money.

That is patently wrong because the vast majority of Thai women marry . . wait for it . . Thai men. A tiny proportion of a population of 60,000,000 people are women who either marry, date or fraternise with foreign men. The vast majority of Thai women of that age work in shops, factories, farms, hotels and all sorts of normal jobs.

You seem to be talking about an entirely different subject.

• Like 1

As an aside, I'm starting to recall why I stopped posting on Thai visa several years ago. Stone me, people on here aren't very bright, are they?

Personally I find our zzaa09 thread quite interesting.

What I normally do is that if I think a theme of any particular thread is naff, than I just skip it and go on to something else.

Actually bothering to comment that you don`t like someone`s thread for the sake of? Is a complete waste of time and effort, so I agree, people on here aren't very bright, are they?

Nonsense. If someone sees something stupid, it is perfectly valid to reveal it as stupid.

That you find a stupid thread arguing a stupid proposition 'quite interesting' is, indeed, interesting in itself.

But let's not explore the reasons why, huh?

Contrast that with the Thai women you see with farangs. You know, the uneducated Isaan peasant girls who are not only unattractive, but carry significant baggage, e.g., single mom, penniless, uneducated, etc. And if some of the threads on TV are to be believed, these Thai women are also headcases with temper tantrums who are carrying on with several farangs at the same time.

Most of the Thai girls you see with FOREIGNERS are uneducated peasant girls, but then 95% (this figure likely too small) of the Thai population are uneducated peasants, so this is entirley reasonable. I'm not sure what you have against Isaan girls (40% of the female Thai population fall in this demographic), or why you think that girls from that region are unattractive.

However

As a 50+ person, I would be unlikely to find anyone back home in my own age bracket without 'significant baggage' including penniless single mums, here I can EASILY find someone 20+ years younger than me, with either the same, or less baggage, so I'm happy.

Furthermore

I never managed to find a woman in the west that thought it was her duty to shower me, massage me, cook and wash for me, have sex with me whenever I felt like it, AND insist on cutting my toenails. But to those of you that insist women all over the world are exactly the same, please feel free to share you stories of American (replace with country of your choice) ladies who insisted they wanted to do those things for YOU.

Edited by ludditeman

But to those of you that insist women all over the world are exactly the same, please feel free to share you stories of American (replace with country of your choice) ladies who insisted they wanted to do those things for YOU.

Of course women all over the world are not the same. If you have had a considerable amount of women from different continents, you know that.

BUT: the genetic program which drives women all over the world is same. It is called "hypergamy" and basically means that a woman tries to get the highest class of male she is able to get relative to her own attractiveness.

In the West, despite all political correct nonsense, 90+% of women marry up.

In Thailand, of course most marry/date Thai men, because that's what is only available to them. But a minority who has a chance to get some proper (no low-life) farang, will easily jump on this waggon. And even a low-life farang is often a better deal than a low-life Thai.

• Like 2

Have to agree that the overwhelming majority of Thai women want and actively seek out a Thai man first & foremost. The ones who pursue, attract and secure a farang tend to be possessed of inferior aesthetics by local standards or are at an age where most secure, responsible and eligible Thai men simply won't be interested in anything more than a couple of laps around the track if that.

A good-looking farang guy may, indeed, be considered attractive by an educated, well-to-do Thai woman but, if she doesn't speak English and he doesn't speak Thai, anything more than a novelty shag is pretty much out of the question unless efforts are made to bridge the language gap. An aesthetically-challenged, Jurassic-period farang bloke's got no chance with anything except the gogo hoes and the itinerant feamles of highly-questionable virtue working the bars & clubs.

Of course, there are exceptions, but I think Berkshire kinda nailed it

There is a small demographic of Thai girls who are interested in farangs. Unfortunately, these are not Thailand’s best and brightest. They choose farangs because of the financial factor, mostly. As Meom says, most Thai girls prefer their own, i.e., someone they can actually communicate with and relate to. Not rocket science and nothing to be ashamed of, frankly. It’s this way the world over.

• Like 1

A good-looking farang guy may, indeed, be considered attractive by an educated, well-to-do Thai woman but,

When dealing with women, you first have to get the basics right.

Good looks, youth or a charming attitude have high value to a man, but only minor value to a women. A woman's brain works totally different to a man's brain, and thats why you should not make assumptions based on your own, male values.

Example: you can often see Western men, good looking, young, nice with ugly and nasty Western women. The reason: this man cannot do better. He is a Beta (or even Omega) guy, despite his looks and youth. He get's only what is in the market for him.

• Like 1

Most of the Thai girls you see with FOREIGNERS are uneducated peasant girls, but then 95% (this figure likely too small) of the Thai population are uneducated peasants, so this is entirley reasonable. I'm not sure what you have against Isaan girls (40% of the female Thai population fall in this demographic), or why you think that girls from that region are unattractive.

However

As a 50+ person, I would be unlikely to find anyone back home in my own age bracket without 'significant baggage' including penniless single mums, here I can EASILY find someone 20+ years younger than me, with either the same, or less baggage, so I'm happy.

Furthermore

I never managed to find a woman in the west that thought it was her duty to shower me, massage me, cook and wash for me, have sex with me whenever I felt like it, AND insist on cutting my toenails. But to those of you that insist women all over the world are exactly the same, please feel free to share you stories of American (replace with country of your choice) ladies who insisted they wanted to do those things for YOU.

I'm not sure I'd WANT a woman who felt it was her duty to shower me and cut my toenails. You're entitled to like what you like and if that entails living like a modern day Caligula then fair play to you but if, one day, there's a headline in the Nation or Bangkok Post reporting the discovery of the corpse of a decomposing, corpulent foreigner with a mouth stuffed full of rotting grapes, impeccably-trimmed toenails and an empty safe, I'll raise a glass to your memory.

• Like 1

However

Furthermore

Seems as though you are not interested in being with a partner on equal terms - what you decribed seems like a slave, unless of course you also shower her, massage her, cook and wash for her, have sex with her whenever she feels like it, AND insist on cutting her toenails...

I agree that Thai ladies appear more giving than their western counterparts, however, a lot of the relationships that have been described seem very one sided.... But you are providing the funds right, so we couldn't call this slavery, its employment !

• Like 2

A good-looking farang guy may, indeed, be considered attractive by an educated, well-to-do Thai woman but,

Good looks, youth or a charming attitude have high value to a man, but only minor value to a women. A woman's brain works totally different to a man's brain, and thats why you should not make assumptions based on your own, male values.

Example: you can often see Western men, good looking, young, nice with ugly and nasty Western women. The reason: this man cannot do better. He is a Beta (or even Omega) guy, despite his looks and youth. He get's only what is in the market for him.

My understanding of the basics are just fine. I don't need to assume anything in that regard; I just tell it as I've seen it here in this country.

Of course one can see good-looking Western blokes with Western trouts in Thailand but, more often than not, if they're not on holiday, they're with Thai women higher up the aesthetic scale. That those women are invariably darker-skinned is largely beside the point to Westerners since they have a preference for that particular look. I appreciate that looks, charm etc are lower on the agenda for many women but if they were as irrelevant as your post suggests, the ubiquitous farang porker would be fighting off stunners all day long, wouldn't he?

As an aside, it's rather fascinating to sit here and watch dozens of middle age white western men educate us all about what young Thai women want, and to speak about it so definitively.

I can tell you exactly what a young Thai girl wants ...... a young Thai guy (or Korean/Japanese movie/pop star).

An older Thai girl may settle for the best she can get .............. an older foreigner.

Which makes me wonder, what would a young Thai girl be doing with a young white foreigner?

I think I know the answer, but most of the young foreigners don't.

Seems as though you are not interested in being with a partner on equal terms -

An equal partner for me would be old, deranged, opinionated and overweight ......... yuck, no way!

Edited by ludditeman
  • Like 2

As an aside, it's rather fascinating to sit here and watch dozens of middle age white western men educate us all about what young Thai women want, and to speak about it so definitively.

I can tell you exactly what a young Thai girl wants ...... a young Thai guy (or Korean/Japanese movie/pop star).

An older Thai girl may settle for the best she can get .............. an older foreigner.

Which makes me wonder, what would a young Thai girl be doing with a young white foreigner?

I think I know the answer, but most of the young foreigners don't.

The same thing as any other normal relationship in the West.. Simply having a normal relationship without ulterior motives...

[Note: I say normal relationship and not the 'occupational farang hunter' type where the girl pursues only Western guys under preconceived notions]

Seems as though you are not interested in being with a partner on equal terms -

An equal partner for me would be old, deranged, opinionated and overweight ......... yuck, no way!

Chortle chortle... Fair enough !...

Equal terms work for me - I suspect there is an age thing a play here, (I'm 3 years older than my wife). And when I am in my 40's and 50's I would hope that I still feel the same about her and our relationship still includes but is also something far greater than physical attraction.

Clearly, the focus and intent of this thread/poll was extended to be twisting sarcasm......coffee1.gif

And you're one of those white western men.

No, he's one of the other white western men. The coloured fellows seem similarly opinionated, though.

SC

And you're one of those white western men.

No, he's one of the other white western men. The coloured fellows seem similarly opinionated, though.

SC

As an aside, it's rather fascinating to sit here and watch Bendix educate us all about what does and what doesn’t constitute a viable topic !!passifier.gif

I believe the majority are looking for an older (60 up)), heavy, bald European who have some financial status with which to share their lives. They've told me that age is just a number, and that older men know how to treat a lady. In all respects.

yes, you keep thinking that you ol' fart. giggle.gif

Unfortunately what you have said here is now fact.

Back in the old days of my grand parents time, I can remember that my grandmother was a pretty lady, especially in her old photos when she was young, quite a catch my grandfather used to say.

They lived in a council house, never had a car or a phone, my granddad worked in a factory after he left the army in 1918. My gran was content with being the little housewife and letting my granddad be the sole breadwinner.

These days that’s all changed. Many of guys are just seeking a true love of their life, a soul mate and loving relationship. But the women seem to have put a price on this, in other words the more attractive and higher status the woman is, the more she expects from the man, financially and maintenance wise. It`s almost like a rental agreement rather than a loving relationship, in many cases the love is one sided, can’t keep up with her expectations, then next please.

How many of you guys have meet girls in the past, really liked and respected them, but thought she is out of your league because you would not be able to maintain a lifestyle that she would expect? I know I have and not ashamed to admit it. And if anyone of you guys says the contrary, then I say in advance; I don’t believe you.

Sad but true.

• Like 1