The Myth....

zzaa09

Gold Digger, Security or Survival  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I believe the majority are looking for an older (60 up)), heavy, bald European who have some financial status with which to share their lives. They've told me that age is just a number, and that older men know how to treat a lady. In all respects.

yes, you keep thinking that you ol' fart. giggle.gif

...and a beer gut is a sign of prosperity, and a baldie heid a sign of virility.

And the Indian tailor said "Nice suit, sir!" even though I was wearing shorts...

SC

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of you guys have meet girls in the past, really liked and respected them, but thought she is out of your league because you would not be able to maintain a lifestyle that she would expect? ...

Not me. I suppose I don't think as far ahead as you do when I meet women.

You know, when I look at all my attributes - a gut that anyone could be proud of, the manliest bald spot you could hope for - and my personality speaks for itself! I very much doubt that my earning potential was ever the turn-off that made the difference...

SC

• Like 1

As an aside, it's rather fascinating to sit here and watch dozens of middle age white western men educate us all about what young Thai women want, and to speak about it so definitively.

And you're one of those white western men.

No, he's one of the other white western men. The coloured fellows seem similarly opinionated, though.

SC

As an aside, it's rather fascinating to sit here and watch Bendix educate us all about what does and what doesn’t constitute a viable topic !!passifier.gif

Well, I was told TV had gone downhill in the quality of its topics in my absence. The reports weren't wrong.

• Like 2

As an aside, it's rather fascinating to sit here and watch dozens of middle age white western men educate us all about what young Thai women want, and to speak about it so definitively.

No, he's one of the other white western men. The coloured fellows seem similarly opinionated, though.

SC

Perhaps but they're not all 50+

SC

Perhaps but they're not all 50+

So are you saying white men are over 50 but coloured men are not?

SC

SC

In my experience of rugby room showers, I would say white men are under 50.

Union or League?

In my humble experience, a real man wouldnt have to ask the question, under 50 or not.

I voted a high percentage, but I am talking about the girls available for foreigners, not the general population.

Note usage of 'foreigners' and not 'farangs'. In my thai-only area most of the working girls have Asian (Korean) 'supporters'/'re-occuring vacation visitors'.

Edited by TAWP

SC

In my experience of rugby room showers, I would say white men are under 50.

Union or League?

In my humble experience, a real man wouldnt have to ask the question, under 50 or not.

Real men don't ask.

Least said, soonest mended...

SC

Rather than generalise about all Thai women in the hope of coming to some hidden truth, focus on the woman you are with.

If your relationship started with a financial transaction and she's not the cashier in a shop/hotel or a bank clerk then it is a pretty sure bet it will continue on that basis.

SC

Yes, that`s true.

I didn`t start seeing anything in colour until they introduced it in 1967. Prior that that, everyone was in black and white.

Now I`m not only seeing colour, but seeing colour in high definition as well.

Edited by Beetlejuice

SC

Yes, that`s true.

I didn`t start seeing anything in colour until they introduced it in 1967. Prior that that, everyone was in black and white.

Now I`m not only seeing colour, but seeing colour in high definition as well.

I thought you were looking sharper.

I'm still a bit out of focus and fuzzy, though I put that down to not having shaved yet this morning.

SC

Edit: I used to see everything in black and white, but now its shades of grey...

WHat do I care, I'm colour-blind anyway!

If your relationship started with a financial transaction and she's not the cashier in a shop/hotel or a bank clerk then it is a pretty sure bet it will continue on that basis.

If your relationship was once based (allegedly) on love and mutual respect, it will most probably end in a financial transaction.

At least in the West.

• Like 2

I am, but I'm not one of those professing to categorise Thai women in a single sweeping statement. I'm trying to suggest that there are millions of different Thai women, all with their own drivers, goals, aspirations and personalities.

Rather like women - and men, come to that - the world over.

Is that so unreasonable?

• Like 1

I voted a high percentage, but I am talking about the girls available for foreigners, not the general population.

Note usage of 'foreigners' and not 'farangs'. In my thai-only area most of the working girls have Asian (Korean) 'supporters'/'re-occuring vacation visitors'.

I was thinking the exact same thing. This poll needs to clearly make the distinction between Thai women who date foreigners and Thai women who don't (i.e., the other 90%). The answer would be vastly different.

I am, but I'm not one of those professing to categorise Thai women in a single sweeping statement. I'm trying to suggest that there are millions of different Thai women, all with their own drivers, goals, aspirations and personalities.

Rather like women - and men, come to that - the world over.

Is that so unreasonable?

So you're suggesting that we're not all the same and every situation won't resemble the next?rolleyes.gif

Such revelations.....tongue.png

giggle.gif I voted 25%.

The mathamatics are on my side.

Let's assume 10 nillion people in Thailand.

Half of them are female....roughly anyhow. That's 5 million.

Now 25% of them is onlly 1.25 million.

I know there are lot of bargirls and such in all of Thailand....but I doubt they total 1.25 milllion.

So I figure 25% (worst case) is a high number of "bad apples"...and the lowest available guess, anyhow.

Remember you asked about ALL Thai females...not just bargirls.

licklips.gif

I based my vote on the same & would have chosen something less if available.

My guess would be 7-10% tops

Edited by flying
  • Like 1

giggle.gif I voted 25%.

I know there are lot of bargirls and such in all of Thailand....but I doubt they total 1.25 milllion.

So I figure 25% (worst case) is a high number of "bad apples"...and the lowest available guess, anyhow.

licklips.gif

Christ alive - where do you guys get your information. There are around 65m people in Thailand, not 10 million. Given that there are likely to be slightly more women than men, you can assume around 33-34m are women (women live longer). As Asian populations tend to be skewed towards youth, perhaps half of these are under 35, and of those, perhaps 12,000,000 are in the 18-35 bracket.

A tiny fraction of those would be bargirls, and even those would likely prefer to have Thai boyfriends and husbands that spend a life with a fat sweaty farang.

Your numbers are all over the place.

giggle.gif I voted 25%.

licklips.gif

Christ alive - where do you guys get your information. There are around 65m people in Thailand, not 10 million. Given that there are likely to be slightly more women than men, you can assume around 33-34m are women (women live longer). As Asian populations tend to be skewed towards youth, perhaps half of these are under 35, and of those, perhaps 12,000,000 are in the 18-35 bracket.

A tiny fraction of those would be bargirls, and even those would likely prefer to have Thai boyfriends and husbands that spend a life with a fat sweaty farang.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/th.html

Some facts:

Population: field_listing_on.gif

66,720,153 (July 2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 20

note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality, higher death rates, lower population growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected

Age structure: field_listing_on.gif

0-14 years: 19.9% (male 6,779,723/female 6,466,625)

15-64 years: 70.9% (male 23,410,091/female 23,913,499)

65 years and over: 9.2% (male 2,778,012/female 3,372,203) (2011 est.)

Median age: field_listing_on.gif

total: 34.2 years

male: 33.3 years

female: 35.2 years (2011 est.)

giggle.gif I voted 25%.

licklips.gif

https://www.cia.gov/...ok/geos/th.html

Some facts:

Population: field_listing_on.gif

66,720,153 (July 2011 est.) country comparison to the world: 20

note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality, higher death rates, lower population growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected

Age structure: field_listing_on.gif

0-14 years: 19.9% (male 6,779,723/female 6,466,625)

15-64 years: 70.9% (male 23,410,091/female 23,913,499)

65 years and over: 9.2% (male 2,778,012/female 3,372,203) (2011 est.)

Median age: field_listing_on.gif

total: 34.2 years

male: 33.3 years

female: 35.2 years (2011 est.)

Yeah, what she said.

I wonder what the results would be for same sex relationships. I ask because I think the same sex situations tend to be more honest in the motives, with less denial and self delusionment.

And for the record, I am just as gullible as the next man and have made the same mistakes as any foreigner that has spent time in Thailand.

giggle.gif I voted 25%.

licklips.gif

Yes, there is a lot of fact in what you say.

But there is another aspect to this.

The farang inhabitants of Thailand especially those actually living here for the long term is only a tiny fraction of the population and I bet most of them are going upwards from 50 years old.

I don’t think there has ever been an accurate fully comprehensive survey carried out on how many farangs do actually reside in Thailand. I’m not even sure if this is possible as many farangs come and go over the years, especially considering that very few farangs ever become full blown citizens.

My point is that for the younger Thai ladies the choice of farangs as marriage material is extremely limited. Who knows? It could be a different scenario if farangs suddenly began flooding into the country, including a lot younger stock and were permitted to become officially Immigrants, allowed to fully integrate within Thai society and play an equal part as a Thai national. Maybe than the Thai women would show more preference towards the younger, fairer skinned farang male?

My point is that for the younger Thai ladies the choice of farangs as marriage material is extremely limited. Who knows? It could be a different scenario if farangs suddenly began flooding into the country, including a lot younger stock and were permitted to become officially Immigrants, allowed to fully integrate within Thai society and play an equal part as a Thai national. Maybe than the Thai women would show more preference towards the younger, fairer skinned farang male?

Your hypothetical scenario, of course, would never happen. But even if it did, I doubt the situation would change that much. Unless Thai girls suddenly abandoned Thai for English...or the farang guys were magically fluent in Thai.

But even if this mythical open society was possible, ask yourself this: Why would a young, attractive, and even modestly successful western guy want to hook up with some foreign woman whom he can barely communicate with, when he can have a similarly attractive western female with whom he can connect with completely? The answer is he wouldn't. That's why there are so few young, attractive, AND successful farang males in Thailand.