The Myth....

zzaa09

Gold Digger, Security or Survival  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority prefer to hook up with their own kind I guess same as anywhere else.

The ones that are hooking in western oriented establishments certainly have dreams about security and for a lot of them hooking the farang is a means to an end.

giggle.gif I voted 25%.

The mathamatics are on my side.

Let's assume 10 nillion people in Thailand.

Half of them are female....roughly anyhow. That's 5 million.

Now 25% of them is onlly 1.25 million.

I know there are lot of bargirls and such in all of Thailand....but I doubt they total 1.25 milllion.

So I figure 25% (worst case) is a high number of "bad apples"...and the lowest available guess, anyhow.

Remember you asked about ALL Thai females...not just bargirls.

licklips.gif

• Like 1

I believe the majority are looking for an older (60 up)), heavy, bald European who have some financial status with which to share their lives. They've told me that age is just a number, and that older men know how to treat a lady. In all respects.

All women here that want to be involved with Farang have an agenda headed by the word Money. Be it sitting in front of a computer or sitting in a bar, they are not thinking about eternal love with a poor man. They can get that in any village in Thailand so why bother to hook up with a Foreigner? Love may well grow over a period of time, but anyone who thinks that his Thai woman wants him for his looks and charm at the outset is deluded.

• Like 2

The majority prefer to hook up with their own kind I guess same as anywhere else.

A substantial minority of this generation and the cusp of the last generation have cast their Thai counterparts aside....as a growing trend has developed of dismissing Thai guys as life partners. A [real or not] stereotype has been secured for Thai men - lazy, infidelity, drinking, traditional macho attitude etc. A sort of bitterness has gained popularity amongst a broad circle of Thai females. I know scores of eligible women that want nothing to do with Thai gentlemen.

Added, the easier access to the possibilities of snagging a Farang has encouraged this fashion.

• Like 1

All women here that want to be involved with Farang have an agenda headed by the word Money. Be it sitting in front of a computer or sitting in a bar, they are not thinking about eternal love with a poor man. They can get that in any village in Thailand so why bother to hook up with a Foreigner? Love may well grow over a period of time, but anyone who thinks that his Thai woman wants him for his looks and charm at the outset is deluded.

What a ridiculous and sweeping generalisation maybe spending to much time around the bar scene

Of course it's a broad generalised comment.

I suspect this train of thought might be derived from limited exposure to a wide variety [and class levels] of Thai women. Those of us that have experienced a wide sector of Thai females for years would surely understand that such a predictable [and conditioned] mindset would be a precursor towards vacant knowledge.

• Like 1

What a ridiculous and sweeping generalisation maybe spending to much time around the bar scene

Of course it's a broad generalised comment.

I suspect this train of thought might be derived from limited exposure to a wide variety [and class levels] of Thai women. Those of us that have experienced a wide sector of Thai females for years would surely understand that such a predictable [and conditioned] mindset would be a precursor towards vacant knowledge.

Without making a broad generalisation; I know almost a dozen Thai women sporting high education from Europe married to Farangs. Not a single one of these Farangs could be described as anything but financially VERY secure.

If I flip the question and ask you this:

How many highly eduqated Thai women wold marry a bum, Thai or Farang...? I didn't think so.

I conclude that there are plenty of farmers girls from the North East married to rich farangs, but you'd struggle to find a rich Thai woman married to a poor farang.

• Like 1

I've been with BG's who wanted money, I've been with BG's who didn't care about money, I've been with good girls who wanted a passport and/or money and good girls who wanted a relationship.

The latter is the one who stuck. There won't be a viable answer to this poll, too many variables and in many cases a stacked deck.

Most want to advance themselves and to advance their families and children's future. If we are seen as an end to that means, they will pretend love in most cases to achieve that end.

Add into that the 'Face' factor, they see us as good targets.

Nothing wrong with that. it is up to us not to allow ourselves to be taken as fools.

edit, typed slower than thinking

Edited by pattayadingo

A tale of two Brits. I was sitting at a coffee shop in a "not tourist" town last evening waiting for my GF. A Brit came in chatting with the 6 lady members of the staff. I couldn't hear what they were saying but the Brit had the girls convulsing in laughter for 30 minutes. He was a good looking guy, tall, athletic build with an infectious smile and easy laugh. The girls were early 20's coffee shop employees not bar girls.

Later an older, really older, fat Brit came in with his 18 year old Thai wife and toddler. The lady was a bit too fat to be Thai pretty and her face a bit too broad and brown to be Thai pretty but she was a stunner anywhere else but Thailand and a happy stunner. The child was beautiful. No other word for it. I don't know what combination of genes did this but the baby could have been on magazine covers. Happy kid too. The coffee shop girls mobbed the child and were asking mom a hundred questions. There was no doubt in my mind that any of the coffee shop girls were up for marriage and making babies that night with the first Farang with a smile that walked in.

Not just Thailand but China and Japan too. Asian women are getting more independent. Money can come with a husband or be a substitute for a husband. Sex has always come easy in this part of the world and now independence is also coming easy as education and opportunity increases.

As much as I have tried to imitate Thai men I realize we are all leftovers from a previous age. The ladies are not going to put up with that sh** for much longer.

Edited by kerryk
  • Like 1

A tale of two Brits. I was sitting at a coffee shop in a "not tourist" town last evening waiting for my GF. A Brit came in chatting with the 6 lady members of the staff. I couldn't hear what they were saying but the Brit had the girls convulsing in laughter for 30 minutes. He was a good looking guy, tall, athletic build with an infectious smile and easy laugh. The girls were early 20's coffee shop employees not bar girls.

Later an older, really older, fat Brit came in with his 18 year old Thai wife and toddler. The lady was a bit too fat to be Thai pretty and her face a bit too broad and brown to be Thai pretty but she was a stunner anywhere else but Thailand and a happy stunner. The child was beautiful. No other word for it. I don't know what combination of genes did this but the baby could have been on magazine covers. Happy kid too. The coffee shop girls mobbed the child and were asking mom a hundred questions. There was no doubt in my mind that any of the coffee shop girls were up for marriage and making babies that night with the first Farang with a smile that walked in.

Not just Thailand but China and Japan too. Asian women are getting more independent. Money can come with a husband or be a substitute for a husband. Sex has always come easy in this part of the world and now independence is also coming easy as education and opportunity increases.

As much as I have tried to imitate Thai men I realize we are all leftovers from a previous age. The ladies are not going to put up with that sh** for much longer.

thumbsup.gif + 10

There is also a fair bit of pressure through society and the popular media to have western features. Light skin, nose and eye jobs. Half Farang actors.

A lot of Thais think half Farang children are attractive.

A substantial minority of this generation and the cusp of the last generation have cast their Thai counterparts aside....as a growing trend has developed of dismissing Thai guys as life partners. A [real or not] stereotype has been secured for Thai men - lazy, infidelity, drinking, traditional macho attitude etc. A sort of bitterness has gained popularity amongst a broad circle of Thai females. I know scores of eligible women that want nothing to do with Thai gentlemen.

Added, the easier access to the possibilities of snagging a Farang has encouraged this fashion.

When I lived in a Korat village, I was sitting outside one morning with my then G/F. Two women just across the road from us were talking about thai men, (both married) They were complaining to each other about why were Thai men so gay? There words not mine.

jb1

Women want security for their offspring or potential offspring. it's biological. $$$, food,shelter. All women want a guy with $$ to some degree. Some are blatant money whores.

I read about a female contestant ona chinese dating show who said "Id rather cry in my bmw than laugh on a bike with you!" my god! shocker!!! maybe lol!

An example of an utterly shameless $$ whore! Wham bang, right in ur face!!! lol AWESOME!

There is also a fair bit of pressure through society and the popular media to have western features. Light skin, nose and eye jobs. Half Farang actors.

Half the commericals on TV advertise skin whitening creams. It\s the same in the Philippines. You can tell some have gone overboard! They look like freakin ghosts!

Can you imagine such creams being sold in the west? :o

Edited by TheKeeNok

Half the commericals on TV advertise skin whitening creams. It\s the same in the Philippines. You can tell some have gone overboard! They look like freakin ghosts!

Can you imagine such creams being sold in the west? ohmy.png

They tries bit Michael Jackson bought it all!

You couldn't be more wrong taninthai. I'm happily married to a Thai woman for nearly 4 years and I don't hang around in bars. Indeed; I only drink socially when friends come to our home. Finding the right person took years of searching and I learned the stark realities along the way.

I know plenty of guys dating financially independent and well educated ladies, all were met through friends and friends of friends. None had Western boyfriends before they met. They were not interested in financial status, although I can imagine that my friends having good jobs careers and not being on the breadline had its advantages.

I would also avoid dating a lady who was not financially secure. There is too much potential for financial trouble down the line (with family etc) and the permanent presence of the question of the precise nature of her intentions... (hence this thread).

Nearly all relationships in Thailand are based around money (at least initially)

Nothing to do with foreigners, they want money from Thai guys too.

Sin-Sot, Thai guys traditionally buy their wives. It's the way it works out here.

The way I see it is they are basically looking for security.

I find it hard to blame them given some of the attitudes of Thai men towards women.

It took me two years to convince my wife that I was not going to leave her. She now feels secure and we have a great relationship for 6 years now.

• Like 1

The way I see it is they are basically looking for security.

Bingo! The underlying security issue is universal. The trade off exist everywhere.

Financial security, emotional and companionship security, sexual security, etc.

Common traits apply to almost all reason why folks worldwide hook up.