• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good news JoeW. Anything about pricing?

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

No way would pricing info has leaked this far out from launch, but you can certainly expect it to align with CR-V and Captiva prices.

We are not involved with the pricing of their vehicles so that's something I can't help you with.

However, it's like IMHO says, probably in line with CRV and Captiva.

Couple of days ago Mazda dealer told me the following:

2.0L 154hp Petrol base spec ~1.2M baht

2.0L 154hp Petrol ~1.3M baht

2.5L 188hp Petrol ~1.45M baht

2.2L 173hp Diesel 4WD ~1.7M baht

So the good news is the 2.5L petrol engine appears to be coming but the bad news is the diesel aint cheap.

Apparently the higher spec versions get 19 inch wheels, side airbags, Xenon lights, rev camera etc. Probably some nicer trim as well.

ok, got it. just afraid the diesel CX-5 will cost even more than the captiva diesel...

Yeah, this CX-5 Thailand pricing is turning me off the Mazda pretty fast. The styling & interior isn't that great, and the efficiency of the petrol versions may be a turn-off. CRV competitor is right, but I don't find the CRV compelling either.

• Like 1

Couple of days ago Mazda dealer told me the following:

2.0L 154hp Petrol base spec ~1.2M baht

2.0L 154hp Petrol ~1.3M baht

2.5L 188hp Petrol ~1.45M baht

2.2L 173hp Diesel 4WD ~1.7M baht

So the good news is the 2.5L petrol engine appears to be coming but the bad news is the diesel aint cheap.

Apparently the higher spec versions get 19 inch wheels, side airbags, Xenon lights, rev camera etc. Probably some nicer trim as well.

Would the savings on the diesel justify buying it over the petrol versions? I don't think so.

The Petrol - diesel choice for the CX-5 is interesting. The diesel gets good reviews but appears to have oil dilution problems when used for low speed / stop start driving. There are lots of comments about the 2.0L petrol being gutless in Australia, probably similar to the 2.0L CR-V. The 2.5L petrol is new and may be a better choice for city or low km use.

The Australian Standard combined cycle fuel consumption figures for the CX-5 are 17.5 km/L for the diesel, 13.5 km/L for the 2.5L petrol and 14.5 km/L for the 2.0L petrol. The Captiva and the CR-V are well below, Captiva 2.0L diesel 12.3km/L and Honda CR-V 2.4L petrol 11.5km/L. These are not real world figures but if the comparison is any indication, Mazda have done a pretty good job of controlling thirst. It will be interesting to see if there really is more to Skyactiv than marketing spin.

Like the Captiva, if the better performance of the diesel does not justify the price increase, a diesel would need to do huge kms each year generate enough fuel cost saving to justify the higher purchase cost.

Let's see how the model grades align to prices on the CX-5 too... The diesel is the only model in Jitar's list with 4WD - but there could be other differences for the extra ~250K Baht too..

Would have thought the range is to expensive.........

Would a Thai change to a Mazda C5 from a Honda CRV ? the CRV is cheaper + it is a Honda..

As so many are now making a mid and small SUV based on the car model, why is the C5 so much more ? OK the new Mazda 3 is not here yet, but at 300,000 baht more ?

Appear Ford may price the small SUV under 60,000 baht more then the Fiesta which it is based on....if the Mazda C3 comes will they try to charge 100's of thousands more ?

OK the overall package may not be as good but it is the same price as the Subaru XV !! Subaru was one of the 1st to manufacture 4x4 with Automatic

Would a Thai change to a Mazda C5 from a Honda CRV ? the CRV is cheaper + it is a Honda..

As so many are now making a mid and small SUV based on the car model, why is the C5 so much more ? OK the new Mazda 3 is not here yet, but at 300,000 baht more ?

Appear Ford may price the small SUV under 60,000 baht more then the Fiesta which it is based on....if the Mazda C3 comes will they try to charge 100's of thousands more ?

OK the overall package may not be as good but it is the same price as the Subaru XV !! Subaru was one of the 1st to manufacture 4x4 with Automatic

Well, it's not like Mazda are going to reach the lofty market shares that Honda and Toyota enjoy, but Thai's seem to embrace the Mazda2 well enough, even though it wasn't substantially cheaper nor better equipped than the City.

For comparison:

CR-V 2.0L S 5AT 155PS: 1.164M

CR-V 2.0L E 5AT 155PS: 1.274M

CR-V 2.4 EL 5AT 170PS: 1.444M

CR-V 2.4 EL 5AT 4WD 170PS: 1.524M

As noted, we have no idea of CX-5 model grades yet, but the approximate pricing provided by Jitar sounds about right to me?

Well, it's not like Mazda are going to reach the lofty market shares that Honda and Toyota enjoy, but Thai's seem to embrace the Mazda2 well enough, even though it wasn't substantially cheaper nor better equipped than the City.

For comparison:

CR-V 2.0L S 5AT 155PS: 1.164M

CR-V 2.0L E 5AT 155PS: 1.274M

CR-V 2.4 EL 5AT 170PS: 1.444M

CR-V 2.4 EL 5AT 4WD 170PS: 1.524M

As noted, we have no idea of CX-5 model grades yet, but the approximate pricing provided by Jitar sounds about right to me?

Further to that, it would seem that the next generation of Mazda 2 would be built on the platform of the CX5... This will also be the case for the new Mazda 3.

http://news.autojournal.fr/news/1471851/Mazda-CX-5-Plateforme-Mazda-6-Mazda-2

Replacement for current Mazda 2 would be 2014, and Mazda 6 in 2016.

Finally, Mazda is changing its policy with regards to new models: a model would be available for 4 years, before being retired, with a facelift or minor change in the middle of the life cycle.

http://news.autojournal.fr/news/1466013/Restylage-Citadine-Renault-Twingo-Mazda-2

Sorry, both are French sources... sorry.gif

just read the review done by headlightmag on the Subaru XV. most fuel efficient among all present SUV's and fun to drive too!

Great car, but it looks more like a 4wd station wagon than a SUV.

just read the review done by headlightmag on the Subaru XV. most fuel efficient among all present SUV's and fun to drive too!

Yep, the Estate-with-Battlestar-Galactica-chiseled-edges look does absolutely zero for me... And that's before I even think about how terrible service and resale is going to be ;)

Yep, the Estate-with-Battlestar-Galactica-chiseled-edges look does absolutely zero for me... And that's before I even think about how terrible service and resale is going to be ;)

Just seen a white XV in Bangkok and must admit I do kind of like the edginess off it. Anybody has any insight if they will bring the diesel any time soon?

You may want to check this out...

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/car-news/good-news-off-roaders-mazda-ph-brings-in-2-5-liter-cx-5-awd-sport

the specs could be the same as the one will be offered over there at LOS.

I wouldn't expect the car in Thailand and the Philippines to be the same...next week I will know more about the exact specs. For now 2.0G has AWD in Thailand.

Now, April 2014 Mazda will launch the new Mazda 3 in Thailand.

Maybe not the place to post this, but today at Mega Bangna they had a Forester on sale for 1,800,000 THB...Normal price is 2,450,000 I think. Not too shabby