New Cars For 2012 And Beyond

Big Guns

No he didn't say but Ford usually have one manual model and 4/5 auto models, I can't see them changing that as most Thais can't drive a manual or find that it would be too much of an intrusion on their continual phone calls whilst driving, also having an auto makes it easier for their kids to run around the car unseat-belted. =P

Odd that in any make......... but try an Auto Pickup, much harder to get both new or find second hand any age...

main problem with manual cars is they come in base model only, No extra's, No safety.

Same as Thais don't like the hatch will always buy a saloon... odd that in the Focus easier to see in the Mazda 3, as both were the same price new... the hatch [that no Thais will buy?] hold there value much better than the saloon, same year, colour, km on clock etc.

By and large, the hatchbacks look nicer than the sedan version. I think they build the hatch first then do a cheap mod and turn it into a sedan. The mazda and fiesta sedans just don't look right to me, though the focus sedan looks ok. The honda city looks fine and vastly different from the jazz.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No he didn't say but Ford usually have one manual model and 4/5 auto models, I can't see them changing that as most Thais can't drive a manual or find that it would be too much of an intrusion on their continual phone calls whilst driving, also having an auto makes it easier for their kids to run around the car unseat-belted. =P

Odd that in any make......... but try an Auto Pickup, much harder to get both new or find second hand any age...

main problem with manual cars is they come in base model only, No extra's, No safety.

Same as Thais don't like the hatch will always buy a saloon... odd that in the Focus easier to see in the Mazda 3, as both were the same price new... the hatch [that no Thais will buy?] hold there value much better than the saloon, same year, colour, km on clock etc.

By and large, the hatchbacks look nicer than the sedan version. I think they build the hatch first then do a cheap mod and turn it into a sedan. The mazda and fiesta sedans just don't look right to me, though the focus sedan looks ok. The honda city looks fine and vastly different from the jazz.

Agreed the focus saloon looks really nice but the fiesta and Mazda look like someone has bought a cheap conversation kit, however nice as the focus saloon looks you can't get something the size of a fridge.

Agree some saloon version look bad/silly

Remember back in the 70's the Renault 5, looked OK in the day but as a saloon daft, they called it a Renault 7

post-42643-0-23374700-1373755584_thumb.j [not unlike the last model City or Vios - is it coming or going? stick another front end on the back and call it a saloon]

On the other hand today the Honda Amaze = Saloon looks a lot better that the Brio = hatch

• Like 1

I think the Focus looks too small for its class,a Nissan Almera looks better to me.The Fiestas a well balanced Car ruined for many by its wonkey box.So the New Mazda wont be seen here, shame, heard its O.K..Everything we get here is watered down,even Honda and Toyo leave bits off when you look carefully through the handbooks, then check the specs in other Asian Countries.coffee1.gif

• 4 months later...

I noticed in news that Mitsubishi has released it's latest mid-term business plan in which the introduction of the next-generation Triton will be released in the 2014 Japanese fiscal year (April 2014-March 2015), and new Pajero Sport/Challenger, Pajero, and ASX from fiscal year 2015 (April 2015-March 2016).

Basically proceeding as anticipated I guess, but nice to see some confirmation.

• 3 months later...