New Cars For 2012 And Beyond

Big Guns

I saw Subaru XV and Forester on display today as well. The Forester list price is 1.9M baht, the XV is 1.35M.

To me, the Forester looks dull but the XV "edgy" styling looks OK. The XV interior is small though. I am not convinced the 2.0L engine is up to the job in either, 150hp and 1.5 tonnes does not sound very inspiring.

Something about the importer, MotorImage makes me nervous and their dealer network is not great, their brochure lists 14 dealers. Subaru would need to offer something a lot more outstanding to make me an owner.

Mercedes had a CLS shooting brake on display for only 5.4M baht. Gawd that thing got a major smack in the arse with the ugly stick. whistling.gif

Edited by Jitar
  • Like 1

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I saw Subaru XV and Forester on display today as well. The Forester list price is 1.9M baht, the XV is 1.35M.

To me, the Forester looks dull but the XV "edgy" styling looks OK. The XV interior is small though. I am not convinced the 2.0L engine is up to the job in either, 150hp and 1.5 tonnes does not sound very inspiring.

Something about the importer, MotorImage makes me nervous and their dealer network is not great, their brochure lists 14 dealers. Subaru would need to offer something a lot more outstanding to make me an owner.

Mercedes had a CLS shooting brake on display for only 5.4M baht. Gawd that thing got a major smack in the arse with the ugly stick. whistling.gif

The "shooting star" is best used as a funeral hearse... thumbsup.gif Just like the Stavic.

I actually like the look of the forester ;)

Maybe wait and see if they put the 'XT' high-powered 177kW turbocharged boxer engine in the Subaru XV..

Believe the XV has the 2.0 lt Forester engine, so they could fit the XT engine in.... ?

There is a dark blue XV round where I live, no oil painting but OK looks to me far better looking than the new CRV

They had an Impreza with the XV in Mega on Sunday. Boy, the rear half has been hit with an ugly stick.

Where was the impreza? I only saw a Legacy, XV and Forester.

Thai people don't like wagons I think...The Accord wagon is also a very good looking car imo, but not available here sad.png

Often wonder if they had the option would they buy a 4 door Automatic Pickup then add a canopy + leather cushion + air con, would they not just buy a more comfortable Estate/Wagon ?

Thai people don't like wagons I think...The Accord wagon is also a very good looking car imo, but not available here sad.png

Often wonder if they had the option would they buy a 4 door Automatic Pickup then add a canopy + leather cushion + air con, would they not just buy a more comfortable Estate/Wagon ?

Same here...

Same here...

Well, the only comparable wagon to this setup (based on price) would be a Thairung.. So my guess is, they either don't want a Thairung, or don't want to spend the extra to get into a PJS/Fortuner/MU-7/Everest

Thai people don't like wagons I think...The Accord wagon is also a very good looking car imo, but not available here Posted Image

Same here...

Well, the only comparable wagon to this setup (based on price) would be a Thairung.. So my guess is, they either don't want a Thairung, or don't want to spend the extra to get into a PJS/Fortuner/MU-7/Everest

Not to mention a few other points:

- 4 WD if they need it;

- Ground clearance;

- possibility of loading very heavy objects in the bed (or more family members);

- Diesel torque and power;

- Pothole resistance factor;

Comfort is not all here... Versatility also comes in handy.

Well, the only comparable wagon to this setup (based on price) would be a Thairung

Very top heavy, and the silly price of body and interior parts/trim.. [ eg: 1,260 baht for some piece of trim can only get from Thairung, same part but will not fit = 290 baht for the D-Max..] door trim appear a week item on the Thairung

• 2 weeks later...

Facelifted "Challenger" now out in Australia. Nothing radically different with it but I guess it will come our way with the Pajero Sport in the next update. New grill/bumper and I believe tail lights but that is about it.

post-145826-0-69502400-1372834963_thumb.

I wish that Mazda wold continue bringing in the CX-9. I want one badly. If anyone knows where I can find a new one let me know. I have no choice I have 5 kids

Edited by mouse

Lets Hope Ford just go away. Spoonmans treatment should be a warning. Those with Multi Clutch Boxes await the same fate.Sod Off, You Bust Em.sad.png

S

o you think less competition in the market is a good thing? While I understand that everything you don’t own is crap, without competition, whatever it is you do own would likely be crap as well.

Spoke to a bloke in my local ford dealership earlier today, the fiesta Ecoboost will be here by the end of this year or early 2014 it will come in 1.0 and 1.6 which I presume will be ST or sport version.

Did he confirm if the 1.0L will come in an auto trans?

No he didn't say but Ford usually have one manual model and 4/5 auto models, I can't see them changing that as most Thais can't drive a manual or find that it would be too much of an intrusion on their continual phone calls whilst driving, also having an auto makes it easier for their kids to run around the car unseat-belted. =P

No he didn't say but Ford usually have one manual model and 4/5 auto models, I can't see them changing that as most Thais can't drive a manual or find that it would be too much of an intrusion on their continual phone calls whilst driving, also having an auto makes it easier for their kids to run around the car unseat-belted. =P

Odd that in any make......... but try an Auto Pickup, much harder to get both new or find second hand any age...

main problem with manual cars is they come in base model only, No extra's, No safety.

Same as Thais don't like the hatch will always buy a saloon... odd that in the Focus easier to see in the Mazda 3, as both were the same price new... the hatch [that no Thais will buy?] hold there value much better than the saloon, same year, colour, km on clock etc.