Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

I honestly think it depends on how well you know the bar and owner so it's really down to your own personal relationship with the bar

In most circumstances - highly unlikely especially in tourest areas of the city, but I do know first hand they got the barfine returned and continued to drink in the bar afterwards, an altercation between them and other falangs in the bar occured and the MB taxi driver and securty tried to break it up, the two Liverpool hoods left and returned sometime later and attacked the Thais with a knife.

Nice to hear from someone with 1st hand knowledge of the incident. Are you making a statement for the Police? Pls keep us abreast of the investigation.

I honestly think it depends on how well you know the bar and owner so it's really down to your own personal relationship with the bar

In most circumstances - highly unlikely especially in tourest areas of the city, but I do know first hand they got the barfine returned and continued to drink in the bar afterwards, an altercation between them and other falangs in the bar occured and the MB taxi driver and securty tried to break it up, the two Liverpool hoods left and returned sometime later and attacked the Thais with a knife.

Nice to hear from someone with 1st hand knowledge of the incident. Are you making a statement for the Police? Pls keep us abreast of the investigation.

I am not surre your sarcasm is adding any value to the thread.

There are obviously people who have 'first hand' knowledge of this incident - smedly may wel be one of those.

So was one of the farangs her husband? Did she close the bar and go to the hospital with the 2 farangs as reported?

Did she leave the hospital and reopen the bar before the irish guys returned with a knife?

Edited by wxyz

There are obviously people who have 'first hand' knowledge of this incident - smedly may wel be one of those.

Sorry where was the sarcasm??????? He said he has 1st hand knowledge and I believe him. Geez maybe I should have disputed it and that would have been ok in your books. I am extreemly sorry if your saw my comment as sarcasm because it was not meant to be in anyway.

Edited by chooka

Sorry where was the sarcasm??????? He said he has 1st hand knowledge and I believe him. Geez maybe I should have disputed it and that would have been ok in your books. I am extreemly sorry if your saw my comment as sarcasm because it was not meant to be in anyway.

Oops! Apologies chooka if I misread your intentions jap.gif

ALFREDO and smedly, It rather looks as though PDN has updated their copy from the one that was originally posted by Webfact

Thank you for that statement and your post.

-smedly-

When you write earlyer, that you had been there, or your -hearsay- is absolutely trustworthy, than I will believe you,

but until your last post you did hide that.

yes you could say I am well informed, I will however devulge nothing more than that, anyone that chooses not to believe what I have posted here - well that is up to them, I am simply sharing what I know, I am sure we will hear more from official sources in time but for now both falangs are out and at large I assume due to large sums of money paid

yes you could say I am well informed, I will however devulge nothing more than that, anyone that chooses not to believe what I have posted here - well that is up to them, I am simply sharing what I know, I am sure we will hear more from official sources in time but for now both falangs are out and at large I assume due to large sums of money paid

We may, of course, not hear "more from official sources" - follow up reporting on cases like these is usually quite rare.

I think it is a 'public interest' case and perhaps we could prevail on your closeness to the situation to let us know the final outcome ?

• Like 1

We may, of course, not hear "more from official sources" - follow up reporting on cases like these is usually quite rare.

I think it is a 'public interest' case and perhaps we could prevail on your closeness to the situation to let us know the final outcome ?

Sounds like his lips are sealed. It would have been nice to hear the full story from a witness, even if a biased witness, can't be much worse than the crap the police make up and is reported by the local media.

Edited by wxyz

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

They are Irish, not British!

This is around the 5th post saying the same thing. Guess what, to the rest of the world you are spliting hair. Just like when all Americans are lumped into the same barrel and the US is 38 times larger than the UK. Get over it, to the rest, you are all cut from the same cloth, whether you like it or not.

When you say "all Americans are lumped into the same barrel" do you mean South Americans, Maxicans, Canadians? I think not - only idiots would lump them together as a single nation - probably the same idiots that lump people from the Republic or Eire in with British or UK - they are separate countries as are Germany, France and Spain. "Lumped" as Europeans, sure, but not British. The only thing you want us to get over is your ignorance it seems.

The USA funded the IRA for almost a centuary so that it could carry on fighting for independence (mostly after their independence in 1921!) - so it makes some sense that generally Americans (no lumping I assure you!) still seem to have a problem identifying that it is a separate country!

Edited by wolf5370
  • Like 1

Sounds like his lips are sealed. It would have been nice to hear the full story from a witness, even if a biased witness, can't be much worse than the crap the police make up and is reported by the local media.

more like teasing

It is possible that large sums of money were paid but when an arrest is made one can also be released after payment of bail through an insurance agent to whom a percentage only of the full amount is paid on the spot. This is a normal practice prior to court cases. It may be bail money here and not bribes that got the two released or it could be that a settlement was reached with injured parties and normal applicable fines paid in addition. I don't know, but to assume that straight cash to police is enough to squash a case makes a nice urban myth but is not a situation that is at all normal in my experience.

You bar fine a girl you take her out the bar what happens then has absolutely nothing to do with the bar whatsoever the bar has lost a member of staff for some hours sometimes for the whole night you took that member of staff out of the bar you PAY end of story.

Whatever happens between you and the girl once you leave the bar is your business, Ive seen it all before some paralytic drunk idiot shouting "do you know who the f'k I am" to the cashier as he wants his money back, he's abused the staff member he bar fined in the room, bullied her in a whiskey fueled rage and she run out the room scared for her safety sending him into a fit of rage returning to the bar to get his poxy 6 quid back, sad, low life, incapacity benefit claiming scum bag losers that make Frank Gallagher look like a perfect role model.

Are you Sillyman99,in a previous life? you certainly sound like him????

He used to make wild unfounded assumptions as well.

Edited by MAJIC

It is possible that large sums of money were paid but when an arrest is made one can also be released after payment of bail through an insurance agent to whom a percentage only of the full amount is paid on the spot. This is a normal practice prior to court cases. It may be bail money here and not bribes that got the two released or it could be that a settlement was reached with injured parties and normal applicable fines paid in addition. I don't know, but to assume that straight cash to police is enough to squash a case makes a nice urban myth but is not a situation that is at all normal in my experience.

A good mate of mine got attacked with a knife in a bar toilet by a pissed up farang who tried to stab him in the head needing quite a few stitches a couple of years ago. The police caught the guy pretty quickly as it turns out he was well known for getting into fights and arranged for a payment of 20000 baht of which their 'fee' was 4000 baht.

You bar fine a girl you take her out the bar what happens then has absolutely nothing to do with the bar whatsoever the bar has lost a member of staff for some hours sometimes for the whole night you took that member of staff out of the bar you PAY end of story.

Whatever happens between you and the girl once you leave the bar is your business, Ive seen it all before some paralytic drunk idiot shouting "do you know who the f'k I am" to the cashier as he wants his money back, he's abused the staff member he bar fined in the room, bullied her in a whiskey fueled rage and she run out the room scared for her safety sending him into a fit of rage returning to the bar to get his poxy 6 quid back, sad, low life, incapacity benefit claiming scum bag losers that make Frank Gallagher look like a perfect role model.

Are you Sillyman99,in a previous life? you certainly sound like him????

He used to make wild unfounded assumptions as well.

I don't make wild assumptions I state facts and I don't post silly polls about whether we should legislate fun <deleted>, get a grip and remember why you came here in the first place.

"Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya"

Sounds like the making of a good Irish joke, assuming they were actually Irish.

There were Two Irish guys at a bar. They were making small talk and realized a couple of interesting things.. this is how their conversation went.

Guy 1: Yah..Im originally from Dublin, Ireland Guy 2: REally? ! Me too!

Guy 1: I went to O Malley Highschool.Guy 2 : I did too! What year did you graduate?

Guy 1: 1988! Guy 2: Same here!

A guy sitting next to them was amazed how they grew up together and didnt know it. He asked the bar tender, who was friends with both of them if the two irish guys knew eachother.

The bar tender replied, "Yeah. It looks like the Donohue Twins are drunk again."

Edited by wxyz

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

That's right. Blame the 'Thai mob'

Read the story. The Irish returned to get their money back. The owner gave them their money. They weren't satisfied for some reason, caused more ruckus and assaulted two customers in the bar. Staff and motorcycle guys came to aid of bar owner. The Irish left. The bar was shut down and owner of bar takes two unidentified victims to hospital. The two farangs then returned to the bar and started the brawl with the 4 Thai guys who had probably forced them to leave after the money was refunded.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

Whats wrong with you they got scammed and went back to get there money back and when they were refiused the bulleys tried to bully them and this time they picked on the wrong guys/

If you are such a pussy that you will let them scam you then live with it thankfully these guys got the upper hand

Nice to see it coming out the other way for a change

Sorry they might be dealing with some bullshit

Dk

I see your point about fighting your corner/standing up for your rights/refusing to be bullied - but to stab people over money (or anything else for that matter) just isn't right. Sometimes it's better to just walk away. Now these lads are in a police cell, will probably have to spent time in prison and eventually be deported. I'm not sure if this event will be added to their criminal record back in Europe, but was it really worth it? So no, they men in question didn't get the "upper hand".

• Like 1

what is it with us brits......any trouble / fighting , I'm ashamed to say, 90% chance on us up to our necks in it......

Irish are not Brits. Please we English have to accept the Welsh, Northern Irish and for now the Scots but lets not class the Irish as Brits please

• Like 2

I can assure you I am not biased - far from it, I do know the MB taxi driver who is seriously injured and very very lucky to be alive, and before anybody starts slating off MB taxi drivers again - there are more good than bad (just like falangs) in fact I'd say 80% of the MB taxi drivers in this town are good guys trying to earn a living and support their families and there's the 20% that give them a bad name

and I feel I need to say this, neither of these guys are Irish in the true sense of the word, they both hold UK passports and are from Liverpool - the plot thickens

Edited by smedly

ALFREDO and smedly, It rather looks as though PDN has updated their copy from the one that was originally posted by Webfact

Thank you for that statement and your post.

-smedly-

When you write earlyer, that you had been there, or your -hearsay- is absolutely trustworthy, than I will believe you,

but until your last post you did hide that.

Smedly was there and witnessed the incident 1st hand and he personally knows those involved. I am sure what he is saying is factual and precise. It can't be hearsay if it is coming straight from the horses mouth.

Us brits............their irish!

Strange? ...Is Ireland no longer part of the british isles?

No..Ireland (not NI) is an independany free state. Some people doh!!

I can assure you I am not biased - far from it, I do know the MB taxi driver who is seriously injured and very very lucky to be alive, and before anybody starts slating off MB taxi drivers again - there are more good than bad (just like falangs) in fact I'd say 80% of the MB taxi drivers in this town are good guys trying to earn a living and support their families and there's the 20% that give them a bad name

and I feel I need to say this, neither of these guys are Irish in the true sense of the word, they both hold UK passports and are from Liverpool - the plot thickens

Thanks for that bit, no doubt the cesspool of liverpool then. Will you be forthcoming with any more info? I am curious if the female bar owner closed the bar and went to the hospital with the 2 injured farangs and if one of them was her husband? That would make sense if one was her husband,

Edited by wxyz

Has anyone ever seen a bar owner quickly comply to a request for a refund. (ha ha) I guess the patrons must have been Thai or they would have been called foreigners, and the handful of motorcycle taxi drivers who tried to restrain him. (what a joke).

My guess is he returned with his friend following being attacked by the security guard and freindly motorcycle taxi drivers to get his money back. To say this man was so drunk it would seem he could still look after himself and due to the fact that 90% of Thai's carry knives or guns the question of where the knife came from is open to debate.

Most bars have security cameras installed I guess this one did not or they were not working at the time of the refund.

• Like 1

Has anyone ever seen a bar owner quickly comply to a request for a refund. (ha ha) I guess the patrons must have been Thai or they would have been called foreigners, and the handful of motorcycle taxi drivers who tried to restrain him. (what a joke).

My guess is he returned with his friend following being attacked by the security guard and freindly motorcycle taxi drivers to get his money back. To say this man was so drunk it would seem he could still look after himself and due to the fact that 90% of Thai's carry knives or guns the question of where the knife came from is open to debate.

Most bars have security cameras installed I guess this one did not or they were not working at the time of the refund.

yes to your first question

handfull - no just one MB taxi driver and one security guard ( and they whooped their asses) no weapons of any description at that point.

as has been repeated here many many times, the falang thugs left the scene - the injured falangs from the bar went to hospital and from that time the rest of the events in the street had nothing to do with the bar, both injured falangs have been compensated to the amount of almost 200kbaht between them

Plungket then returned "with a knife" because he couldn't accept the fact that 2x Thais gave them a whooping and proceeded to attack the young security guard and MB taxi driver who are both in hospital

now what is it that is so hard to understand where people on this thread are still making up theories speculation and crap of their own -

• Like 1

This business of the believing the Thai side is a bit off! Thai brothel operators or bar owner around Pattaya, don't refund money! Those motor cycle thugs always carry nasty knives, and that is why the poice cannot find it, Patrick the hulk, probably got it form the little thugs and gave them the taste of medicine! One cannot be that naive, to take this shit seriously in a sleazy place like Patthaya where ripping off Farnag is a way of life the Bordello owner operator, refunded the doe!

Well put!