Two Irish Men Went On Rampage, Stab Two People In Pattaya

webfact

Has anyone ever seen a bar owner quickly comply to a request for a refund. (ha ha) I guess the patrons must have been Thai or they would have been called foreigners, and the handful of motorcycle taxi drivers who tried to restrain him. (what a joke).

My guess is he returned with his friend following being attacked by the security guard and freindly motorcycle taxi drivers to get his money back. To say this man was so drunk it would seem he could still look after himself and due to the fact that 90% of Thai's carry knives or guns the question of where the knife came from is open to debate.

Most bars have security cameras installed I guess this one did not or they were not working at the time of the refund.

yes to your first question

handfull - no just one MB taxi driver and one security guard ( and they whooped their asses) no weapons of any description at that point.

as has been repeated here many many times, the falang thugs left the scene - the injured falangs from the bar went to hospital and from that time the rest of the events in the street had nothing to do with the bar, both injured falangs have been compensated to the amount of almost 200kbaht between them

Plungket then returned "with a knife" because he couldn't accept the fact that 2x Thais gave them a whooping and proceeded to attack the young security guard and MB taxi driver who are both in hospital

now what is it that is so hard to understand where people on this thread are still making up theories speculation and crap of their own -

Nothing hard to understand and no need to have to defend your first hand account. Your comments have helped me understand the newspaper report better.

People will always want to add their own fantasy/slant on events but (if I understand your comments correctly) events were simplistically as follows:-

The 2 scousers drank in the bar and bar-fined 2 girls.

The 2 girls returned having decided to engage with the punters.

The 2 scousers returned to demand their money back (bar owner complied).

The 2 scousers remained drinking and there was an altercation with 2 Falangs who were hospitalised (and later compensated to the tune of 200k)

The security guy and MB taxi driver intervened (perhaps causing harm to the 2 scousers?)

The 2 scousers left and then returned 'with knives' to eke out revenge on the 2 Thais.

The 2 Thais were hospitalised and the scousers fled.

Scousers arrested but later released - no firm details of 'bail' or other payments or what happens next.

Happy to be corrected and interested to see what happens next.

(note: I have only used the term 'scousers' to avoid having to repeat their names)

Has anyone ever seen a bar owner quickly comply to a request for a refund. (ha ha) I guess the patrons must have been Thai or they would have been called foreigners, and the handful of motorcycle taxi drivers who tried to restrain him. (what a joke).

My guess is he returned with his friend following being attacked by the security guard and freindly motorcycle taxi drivers to get his money back. To say this man was so drunk it would seem he could still look after himself and due to the fact that 90% of Thai's carry knives or guns the question of where the knife came from is open to debate.

Most bars have security cameras installed I guess this one did not or they were not working at the time of the refund.

handfull - no just one MB taxi driver and one security guard ( and they whooped their asses) no weapons of any description at that point.

as has been repeated here many many times, the falang thugs left the scene - the injured falangs from the bar went to hospital and from that time the rest of the events in the street had nothing to do with the bar, both injured falangs have been compensated to the amount of almost 200kbaht between them

Plungket then returned "with a knife" because he couldn't accept the fact that 2x Thais gave them a whooping and proceeded to attack the young security guard and MB taxi driver who are both in hospital

now what is it that is so hard to understand where people on this thread are still making up theories speculation and crap of their own -

"both injured falangs have been compensated to the amount of almost 200kbaht between them"

Is that before or after the police 20% cut?

Was one of the falangs the bar owner's husband?

Edited by wxyz

Nothing hard to understand and no need to have to defend your first hand account. Your comments have helped me understand the newspaper report better.

People will always want to add their own fantasy/slant on events but (if I understand your comments correctly) events were simplistically as follows:-

The 2 scousers drank in the bar and bar-fined 2 girls.

The 2 girls returned having decided to engage with the punters.

The 2 scousers returned to demand their money back (bar owner complied).

The 2 scousers remained drinking and there was an altercation with 2 Falangs who were hospitalised (and later compensated to the tune of 200k)

The security guy and MB taxi driver intervened (perhaps causing harm to the 2 scousers?)

The 2 scousers left and then returned 'with knives' to eke out revenge on the 2 Thais.

The 2 Thais were hospitalised and the scousers fled.

Scousers arrested but later released - no firm details of 'bail' or other payments or what happens next.

Happy to be corrected and interested to see what happens next.

(note: I have only used the term 'scousers' to avoid having to repeat their names)

yes you are more or less correct except only one of the scousers returned with the knife, the big guy did not return and is not involved in the knife attack

It was bound to happen sooner or later. Some people don't like being picked on by a mob and will retaliate. It's quite telling that there are four victims here and only two suspects.

It seems to me like the usual situation where a mob attacked a couple of people but this time the mob lost the brawl.

U have it all wrong mate.Only one did the stabbing and the pic is the two being arrested at one of the guy,s house,who lives close to the owner.Cant go into details about this case but believe me dont make wild assumptions witohut knowing anything about the case.The thai guy was very lucky he didnt die from this attack,and a farang mate has already visited him in hospital.

You bar fine a girl you take her out the bar what happens then has absolutely nothing to do with the bar whatsoever the bar has lost a member of staff for some hours sometimes for the whole night you took that member of staff out of the bar you PAY end of story.

Whatever happens between you and the girl once you leave the bar is your business, Ive seen it all before some paralytic drunk idiot shouting "do you know who the f'k I am" to the cashier as he wants his money back, he's abused the staff member he bar fined in the room, bullied her in a whiskey fueled rage and she run out the room scared for her safety sending him into a fit of rage returning to the bar to get his poxy 6 quid back, sad, low life, incapacity benefit claiming scum bag losers that make Frank Gallagher look like a perfect role model.

Not correct in so many cases. If you take the girl for 'long time' that is what you pay for and should get. I know a few people who have had refunds off the mamasan when the prozzie has not fulfilled her side of the agreement.

I repeat and this is how it works, when you bar fine a girl your paying for the time lost at the bar with her work duties not what happens between you and the girl that's between you two and your business how long you keep her for short or long time. The bar does not in anyway make money or on some sort of commission with the girl if/when you pay for more then simply taking her out the bar, that's the girls money not the bars!!!

An average 300 baht bar fine across the board in beer bars is to take the girl out until the next working day, if you agree to pay her short time then she will obvioulsly leave when your finished and return to the bar (if she wants) If you want to keep her longer then 1 working day you pay another 300 baht to the bar, what you and her get up to is of no conceren to the bar unless you treat her badly.

Now you know how it works. rolleyes.gif

many girls have told me they get a cut, and that makes sence, its an incentive for them to get barfined instead of calling the guy after work. Im would assume most bars would return the money if the girl doesnt do what she says and it would come off her wages

Unfortunately this will be the last of what we will hear about this story. None of the 5 or so english newspapers in Pattaya will do a follow up on this, as in all other crimes committed around here. My guess is if they can financially settle this with the two Thai’s and pay a substantial payment to the right people they be out and about free as a bird, unless they bashed up the BIB too badly while being arrested. If they can't pay the fines I don't see them doing much more than a few months and then get deported.

I dont think the papers are legally able to follow up, court proceddings are not public in Thailand.

Having spent a few nights in the cells at Soi Nine I saw a number of cases of farang drug dealers etc negotiating and making payment to the police. Amounts like $20000 changed hands for the promise of release. The next day they were handcuffed and taken to court. I dont know if they were released. I also was surprised that yaabaa was available and smoked in the cells, supplied by a policeman every evening.

Unfortunately this will be the last of what we will hear about this story. None of the 5 or so english newspapers in Pattaya will do a follow up on this, as in all other crimes committed around here. My guess is if they can financially settle this with the two Thai’s and pay a substantial payment to the right people they be out and about free as a bird, unless they bashed up the BIB too badly while being arrested. If they can't pay the fines I don't see them doing much more than a few months and then get deported.

I dont think the papers are legally able to follow up, court proceddings are not public in Thailand.

Having spent a few nights in the cells at Soi Nine I saw a number of cases of farang drug dealers etc negotiating and making payment to the police. Amounts like $20000 changed hands for the promise of release. The next day they were handcuffed and taken to court. I dont know if they were released. I also was surprised that yaabaa was available and smoked in the cells, supplied by a policeman every evening.

@marinediscoking - I think we will hear more of this, Smedly was there and knows the parties involved and I am sure that he will be attending the hearing as well as keeping us up to date with what is happening. We have an inside man on this one.

@marinediscoking - I think we will hear more of this, Smedly was there and knows the parties involved and I am sure that he will be attending the hearing as well as keeping us up to date with what is happening. We have an inside man on this one.

From what Smadly has stated everything is settled now so there will be no further involvement from the local authorities in this matter as this is common here. If charges were filed and a case opened there is no way he would be out on bail so fast. Once arrested most cases take 5 to 20 days to get bail and a trail date set. I was actually referring to updates from one of pattaya's papers.

From what Smadly has stated everything is settled now so there will be no further involvement from the local authorities in this matter as this is common here. If charges were filed and a case opened there is no way he would be out on bail so fast. Once arrested most cases take 5 to 20 days to get bail and a trail date set. I was actually referring to updates from one of pattaya's papers.

So no crime committed all parties are happy and it's back to the bar for drinks all round. Guess that is the justice system thai style.

The Thai pulled a knife. He dropped it. The Farang picked it up and stabbed the Thai.

Why would two big scrappers take a knife? Two Thai whooped those guys. 5555555

The Farngs paid big money.

ther yee go case solved, you obviously can't read or choose to ignore or ...............

and I know enough about you as to not waste my time, you are either a fool or you are somehow connected to this episode either way - read my signature and you'll understand why I am going to ignore you

Oh and BTW, everything you have written on this thread is absolutly wrong and missdirected, perhaps you'd like to reveal your source - oh I know already - a missguided imagination.........bye

The Thai pulled a knife. He dropped it. The Farang picked it up and stabbed the Thai.

The Farngs paid big money.

ther yee go case solved, you obviously can't read or choose to ignore or ...............

Smedly, Your footnote sums his statement up perfectly.

Why don't you read the facts before posting?

I have a simple explaination for that...the link didn't take me to the article and I couldn't see a link to the article on the main page so I just commented on the original post.

Edit : I don't believe for one minute the bar owner just handed over the money without some major problems.

The facts were in the original post...

The girls came back because they were scared of the guys, then the guy came over to the bar to demand their money back. I would assume that he was pretty aggressive when making that demand, and the owner may have just decided to refund before this gets further out of control...

Most importantly is, that the guy came back with his friend to stab two more people, AFTER the bar owner had accompanied the first 2 that were injured to the hospital and filed a police report.

How can people believe they just defended themselves is beyond my comprehension from the information given.

Agreed, it was the two Pikeys who caused it and will now have 10 years or so to reflect on it.

huh is right, I have previously stated on this thread that everyone is entitled to believe what they want - hyku1147 - you made a statement a few posts back about what happened - perhaps since you are trying to set standards here you will share with us all your source for the statement you made and any evidence to back it up - otherwise stop wasting your time here, be a critic or a reporter not both...........................I await your evidence and source otherwise be silent and stop posting absolute nonesense

Questioning the validity of a source is a standard journalistic tool.

Utilizing argumentum ad-hominen is fallacious, and is a convincing indicator of weakness in the author's premise.

Huh???

http://www.fallacyfi...g/adhomine.html

a copy and paste merchant, your value on TV is too unimportant to be worth consideration, only the second person I have put on ignore in 8 years on TV

So, remind us all... What was the source of your information for the summary in post #320

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/530789-two-irish-men-went-on-rampage-stab-two-people-in-pattaya/page__view__findpost__p__5044022

"The Thai pulled a knife. He dropped it. The Farang picked it up and stabbed the Thai.

The Farngs paid big money."

(blank lines deleted).

Thanks

SC

Similarly, Smedly, you might want to remind us of the source of your information.

REMOVED

Once again you have added no value to what has been an interesting thread.

Your posts are attempts at diverting away from the topic.

Perhaps try posting in the 'Anal retentive, cerebraly challenged' section of TV. I am sure you will manage to find it.

it is simply amazing how many on here really don't have a clue even when you've been told what happened, the girls got cold feet when they went to the room and wanted to leave and they did, up to them, the two thugs returned to the bar and - FACT - got their bar fine back without question and all was happy after that, they then had a few more drinks in the same bar and started a fight with other falangs in the bar at which point the MB taxi drivers and security interviened to try and subdue the situation, the two falngs where unwilling to listen to reason and proceeded to get their ass wooped by a couple of thais half their size, they went home and the injured falang customers in the bar went to hospital, they then returned wanting revenge and armed with a knife attacked the motorbike taxi driver and a young security guard almost fatally stabbing them and left the scene, since this time both have been arrested and released from custody after paying large sums of money to both the injured falangs and the thais, they are out and not in jail, one was on holiday and the other (the guy with the knife) lives here - I suspect for not much longer, you can debate this for another 20 pages on this forum and spill your crap about the falang victims and the bar fines and the bar girls and the rogue MB taxi drivers, the truth is what is written above and that is the end of that.

Are you in any way related to the bar owner,say by marriage for example?

it is simply amazing how many on here really don't have a clue even when you've been told what happened, the girls got cold feet when they went to the room and wanted to leave and they did, up to them, the two thugs returned to the bar and - FACT - got their bar fine back without question and all was happy after that, they then had a few more drinks in the same bar and started a fight with other falangs in the bar at which point the MB taxi drivers and security interviened to try and subdue the situation, the two falngs where unwilling to listen to reason and proceeded to get their ass wooped by a couple of thais half their size, they went home and the injured falang customers in the bar went to hospital, they then returned wanting revenge and armed with a knife attacked the motorbike taxi driver and a young security guard almost fatally stabbing them and left the scene, since this time both have been arrested and released from custody after paying large sums of money to both the injured falangs and the thais, they are out and not in jail, one was on holiday and the other (the guy with the knife) lives here - I suspect for not much longer, you can debate this for another 20 pages on this forum and spill your crap about the falang victims and the bar fines and the bar girls and the rogue MB taxi drivers, the truth is what is written above and that is the end of that.

Apparently so.

Edited by z12

Is that important - or even relevant ?

It wasn`t an accusation,just a question.

`Is it relevent?`,only slightly as you would probably get a biased version of events.

• Like 2

You bar fine a girl you take her out the bar what happens then has absolutely nothing to do with the bar whatsoever the bar has lost a member of staff for some hours sometimes for the whole night you took that member of staff out of the bar you PAY end of story.

Whatever happens between you and the girl once you leave the bar is your business, Ive seen it all before some paralytic drunk idiot shouting "do you know who the f'k I am" to the cashier as he wants his money back, he's abused the staff member he bar fined in the room, bullied her in a whiskey fueled rage and she run out the room scared for her safety sending him into a fit of rage returning to the bar to get his poxy 6 quid back, sad, low life, incapacity benefit claiming scum bag losers that make Frank Gallagher look like a perfect role model.

Not correct in so many cases. If you take the girl for 'long time' that is what you pay for and should get. I know a few people who have had refunds off the mamasan when the prozzie has not fulfilled her side of the agreement.

I repeat and this is how it works, when you bar fine a girl your paying for the time lost at the bar with her work duties not what happens between you and the girl that's between you two and your business how long you keep her for short or long time. The bar does not in anyway make money or on some sort of commission with the girl if/when you pay for more then simply taking her out the bar, that's the girls money not the bars!!!

An average 300 baht bar fine across the board in beer bars is to take the girl out until the next working day, if you agree to pay her short time then she will obvioulsly leave when your finished and return to the bar (if she wants) If you want to keep her longer then 1 working day you pay another 300 baht to the bar, what you and her get up to is of no conceren to the bar unless you treat her badly.

Now you know how it works. rolleyes.gif

many girls have told me they get a cut, and that makes sence, its an incentive for them to get barfined instead of calling the guy after work. Im would assume most bars would return the money if the girl doesnt do what she says and it would come off her wages

That's right they do get a cut from the bar fine but the bar does not make anything whatsoever from anything else that goes on. If you pay her 1000 baht for you know what she keeps the lot.

The girl has left the premises with you that's what you just paid for the bar fine, what do you mean "does not do what she says?" if you have "you know what" you pay her after you have finished in the room whether you agreed on short time or long your business not the bars. If the girl didn't want to have "you know what" and your a regular of the bar (good customer) any decent manager would reimburse your 300 baht just to keep the peace and your custom, if your some drunk loud mouthed idiot shouting the odds threatening staff and customers you get a good hiding.

Nearly everything I have seen some drunk idiot going nuts about a member of staff and demanding their money back they got knocked out with one punch, it makes me smile when I see them fall to the floor like a sack of shi# they are.

good post and very true, not that I bar fine many ladies but those that I do - if they don't measure up to expectation and leave or are told to leave - I have always got my barfine back, that is my experience and the girls concerned generally are still friends - it just didn't work on the night and that is fine by me and them - maybe I'm too fussy or they just want a quick 1k baht, never a fall out just an understanding of needs that don't match up.............. been here 8 years and never a problem yet

It wasn`t an accusation,just a question.

`Is it relevent?`,only slightly as you would probably get a biased version of events.

I would say that he is very tightly connected with the bar, however he is the only one who tell us what actual connection he has with all the parties. From the information he is providing I would say smedly is the private owner of the bar. Not saying much just keeping people dangling, would make a very good politician.

Edited by softgeorge