• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

516856714.jpg

the place that blew up first

should be a premature detonation and they escape

luckily how this is ended or else more casualty if they succeed in their plan

Guess they lost the security deposit.

Imagine how hard it is going to be for Middle Eastern passport holders to get rneted appartments in Bangkok for the next year or so!

Looks like Nicolas Cage was living there :) ....

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Hope you don't mind if it's your place they start with.

will be ineresting to see if he was the threat the USA lifts the warning, if not then that means for me there is a bigger picture and it will be on going. Why would he be carrying a foreign currency when he has been here so long, as in at least since the warning was issued. Convienient that for a finger pointing exercise and divering attention from other possible motives.

The orginal warning stated a bombing aimed at tourist area's this was not the attack expected, so i can only assume other's will come aimed at tourist area's.

The Southern extremests will get nowhere until they bring there campaign to BKK and the tourist trade, as the IRA learnt the only way to get to the negotiating table was to bomb london.

Extemmely interested to see what happens with the terrorist warning now the perceived threat is dead. Yet again the Thai goverment left looking the knumb nuts they are, just ignore and denounce the best Intel in the world. For saying they hate to loose face they do a darn good job at losing face big style.

Guys..."terrorism" is not defined by one's nationality, religion, or modus operandi.

It is defined by motivation.

Until that is determined, no conclusion should be made.

It does when your ideology sanctions, celebrates and rewards them.

Edited by z12
  • Like 1

It looks like one of the earlier posters here guessed at the correct explanation:

Government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng said police reported the house was being used to make bombs and had uncovered a cache of C4 explosives and remote control detonating devices.

She said a bomb went off inside the rented house and two of the three men fled. The third man, identified as Saeid Moradi, followed and tried to hail a taxi, which refused to stop.

So two iranian terrorists are AT LARGE! Amazing Thailand.

only two is a bit of an understatement

Yep, just heard on BBC, now it is maybe FIVE iranians.

Edited by z12

licklips.gif Just reading the BBC World news report on this...it also says that two of the Iranians fled.

... The way I interpret that report is that were 3 Iranians who rented that house together....and 2 of them are not in custody at this time.

But, don't worry, the police are saying, "everything is under control".

coffee1.gif

UPDATE: I just read that Tweet that says at least one of the Iranians allegedly involved was detained at swampy.

A police spokesman stated "The investigators are checking their 90-day reports as we speak, to discover the location of any other residences to which they might have fled."

"I don't know what we would have done without those reports" one detective sergeant was heard to say.

Warning graphic photo (via @motorcyrubjang) - a foreigner loses legs in a bomb explosion on soi Sukhunmvit 71 http://t.co/E5QgQ7oS

Did you see the headline about the recent bombing in Bangkok in MSNBC “Bangkok cop: Iranian's bomb explodes near embassies

This is amazing that the bombing was not intended toward US and way near the US Embassy and the motive was not to bomb the US Embassy

It is inserting the way they try to manipulate the US public

will be ineresting to see if he was the threat the USA lifts the warning, if not then that means for me there is a bigger picture and it will be on going. Why would he be carrying a foreign currency when he has been here so long, as in at least since the warning was issued. Convienient that for a finger pointing exercise and divering attention from other possible motives.

The orginal warning stated a bombing aimed at tourist area's this was not the attack expected, so i can only assume other's will come aimed at tourist area's.

The Southern extremests will get nowhere until they bring there campaign to BKK and the tourist trade, as the IRA learnt the only way to get to the negotiating table was to bomb london.

Extemmely interested to see what happens with the terrorist warning now the perceived threat is dead. Yet again the Thai goverment left looking the knumb nuts they are, just ignore and denounce the best Intel in the world. For saying they hate to loose face they do a darn good job at losing face big style.

One possible reason why he was carrying foreign currency would be if he was planning on leaving the country as soon as whatever the intended activity was completed. Just a thought.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Warning graphic photo (via @motorcyrubjang) - a foreigner loses legs in a bomb explosion on soi Sukhunmvit 71 http://t.co/E5QgQ7oS

Did you see the headline about the recent bombing in Bangkok in MSNBC “Bangkok cop: Iranian's bomb explodes near embassies

This is amazing that the bombing was not intended toward US and way near the US Embassy and the motive was not to bomb the US Embassy

How do you know what the bombs were "intended " for? They went off by mistake.

• Like 1

It looks like one of the earlier posters here guessed at the correct explanation:

Government spokeswoman Thitima Chaisaeng said police reported the house was being used to make bombs and had uncovered a cache of C4 explosives and remote control detonating devices.

She said a bomb went off inside the rented house and two of the three men fled. The third man, identified as Saeid Moradi, followed and tried to hail a taxi, which refused to stop.

So two iranian terrorists are AT LARGE! Amazing Thailand.

why do you say amazing Thailand ? are all terrorists that commit such acts around the world immediately caught ? Why would you think that should be the case here ?

your just jumping on the knock the authorities bandwagon, if reports are true they now have a second in custody, thought that would be cause for praise not sarcasm.

So to be a terrorist one has to strap on a bomb in a belt, drive a truck full of explosives or take down a plane? A guy walking around with explosive devices in a bag and throws them at will to kill innocent people is not a terrorist but only an amateur. Got it thanks.

he's not a terrorist. he's a murderer.

@Swiss1960, post #303 - - "..I agree.."

I have friends who live in that neighborhood. The first version of the story from the local BiB to the citizenry was that there has been an attack by Pakistani enforcers/money-laundering guys against the Indian gambling agents (“bookie guys”) who hang out on that street corner on Suk-71.

There is an Indian owned shop very close to the blown up house and close to where the grenade-thrower lost his legs. That shop “alledgedly” fronts for the Indian bookies and it is of course BiB-protected.

Thais probably can’t tell the difference between Iranians and Pakistanis, quite frankly.

There is a group of Pakistanis in town right now selling forged Iranian passports.

Consequently, it is just as easy to connect the dots to local-mafias getting rowdy rather than swallow whole the entire “terrorism” story.

Terrorism? On Suk-Soi 71? There are no high-profile targets on 71.

I am only certain of one thing: The Thai police and the Thai news media will spin this yarn in whatever direction their American handlers tell them to take it.

Respectfully submitted,

JD

Missing some words or inserting your own? I do not see US mentioned in that headline

Cop: Iranian wounded by own bomb near Bangkok's embassy district

So to be a terrorist one has to strap on a bomb in a belt, drive a truck full of explosives or take down a plane? A guy walking around with explosive devices in a bag and throws them at will to kill innocent people is not a terrorist but only an amateur. Got it thanks.

he's not a terrorist. he's a murderer.

who died???

We heard the bomber was challenged by the police and he pulled the pin on I assume a grenade and blew himself up.

He comes half way around the world to blow himself and innocents up.

If he is iranian and we have heard of big news due imminently concerning their nuclear program is this perhaps the beginning of an iranian bombing campaign?

Israel are threatening imminent airstrikes.

There's a large mosque on Sukhumvit 71. The area is popular with thai executives. A lot of large houses tucked away of lousy broken up roads.

this is the 'mainstream' theories they put on western tv, but the conspiracy theorists are the nuts?

The TIMING relates to the recent Thailand terror threat (also Azerbaijan), fertilizer warehouse arrest, Hezbollah-Iran bombings in India and Georgia, but the TARGET makes no sense. Jury still out.

By timing, I mean the fourth anniversary of the assassination of Hezbollah's deputy leader, Imad Mughniyah.

Friendly suggestion to Thai officials: please stop trying to meddle with US embassy warnings and worry more about terrorism than tourism profits.

One thought is there may be children of Israeli / US embassy at that school.

If only Thailand would have just listened...just once. I wonder what the actual target was going to be?

If only Thailand would have just listened... Hmm Having sex is like playing bridge. If you don’t have a good partner, you’d better have a good hand. offtopic.gif