3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

Israel to "settle the score" for Bangkok attack

JERUSALEM - An Israeli Cabinet minister says his country will "settle the score" with the perpetrators of a bombing attempt in Bangkok http://www.cbsnews.c...bangkok-attack/

Wow! That ups the ante!!

For the life of me, I cannot make any sense out of any of this story. NOTHING adds up!

Why? It ain't rocket science.

Clearly the Genie makes sense of it all. I am afraid Non of the entire story makes any sense to me, ok! As for a motive, lets say Star Trek is more believable than connections with Iran/Israel etc etc. The whole thing is just so out of place............it doesn't make sense Jingthing.

They were planning an attack. Explosives detonate accidentally, alerting the authorities.

They try to escape and in their efforts to escape, one throws a bomb/grenade to try to get free. He throws it wrong and blows his own legs off by mistake.

What part of that doesn't make sense?

• Like 2

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the BBC web site there were 3 bombers in a house, there was an explosion at the house (a friend took a photo from his balcony and you can see a large hole in the roof) and a bomber threw a bomb at a taxi that wouldn't stop for him. Now to me that sounds like they were being raided and trying to get away or maybe they were about to leave to go to their target when police swooped. Can't see any other reason to hurl a bomb at a taxi.

• Like 1

I think this headline is an inaccurate and misleading one....if you actually read the article involved.

The lede of the article is quoting one Israeli govt. person as saying the BKK bombs were the work of Iranians and a terrorist plot... Nothing too surprising or out of bounds there...

But the quote about settling the score came from a different Israeli govt. person in relation to the earlier bomb attacks that occurred in two other countries, India and Georgia, on Monday....and wasn't in reference to today's events in BKK...

Unfortunately, some editor has wrongly and misleadingly conflated the two separate references together....

Good observation but I don't think we can be sure you are 100% accurate. I went back and read this and it is difficult to understand which attacks the comments were about but it seems clear the writer/editor wants us to believe they were about the possible failed Bangkok attack. However, even for Israel, it seems a bit premature to be playing the victim or intended target so early.

I can't remember the American Terrorist alert a few weeks back but was it about Iranians and wasn't the warning about possible attacks against Americans?

Some more details from the CBS/AP report linked above:

A bomb disposal squad also said two explosive devices were found in the Iranian's damaged home and defused. They said each was made of three or four pounds of C-4 explosives stuffed inside a pair of radios.

National Police Chief Gen. Prewpan Damapong said the bombs were "magnetic and can get stuck to a vehicle. It can harm people, but not areas."

Obviously the Bomb Disposal squad person that made the above comment, has no idea what 3 or 4 pounds of C4 explosive stuffed inside a pair of radios will do. What a stupid comment.wacko.png
  • Like 1

If we removed all posts not really related to the OP, I'm afraid we would hardly have 100 posts left, probably even less.

I sometimes complain about the government coming with various conflicting statements, but posters here could teach them a lesson.

While typing this I got a pop-up saying 5 more posts added. Well by Jove, I'm not going to read them (tonight). Don't let that discourage you from posting though. Please continue tongue.png

I type too slow, 8 new posts already

We can all peculate based on incomplete reports and authorities who will NOT divulge the full facts today, tomorrow nor next month but all it does it add to perceived anxieties, rumours and confusion.

Of course, people want to know what was going on with these guys.... And in the absence of good information, a lot of speculation and ranting takes its place...

The above CBS/AP report did include the following account:

(This is the first reference I've seen to the authorities apparently having these guys on film as they scattered).

In Thailand, Tuesday's bizarre sequence of explosions began when explosives apparently detonated by accident, blowing off part of the roof of the Bangkok house.

City surveillance footage from just after that blast showed separate images of each of the suspects walking down the middle of a residential street. One man wearing a baseball cap and a dark jacket carried a large backpack over one shoulder and what appeared to be two portable transistor radios — one in each hand.

A second suspect wearing sunglasses, a T-shirt, pants and tennis shoes also carried a backpack, while the third, dressed in camouflage shorts carried nothing.

"

Thai security forces found more explosives in a house where the Iranian man was staying in Bangkok, but the possible targets were not known, Police Gen. Pansiri Prapawat said.

A passport found at the scene of one blast indicated the assailant was Saeid Moradi from Iran, Pansiri said. Authorities in Tehran could not immediately be reached for comment."

So it is the Jews' plot using the Iranians? Make sense to me!

There is absolutely none. Troll or idiot --please ignore him. This thread is depressing enough in its revelation of how irrationally some people think.

Agree, the number of imbacils here is astounding.

Most people responding can't even distinguish between Iran, Sirya, Hezbollah and Al-Qaida, but they sure the hell think they know everything.

The fact that Islamist terrorists operate almost everywhere (including Thailand, Indonesia, India, Pakistan, USA, you name it), is a well known fact.

The fact that most of the time they fail, either because they are intercepted by counter terrorism forces, or sometimes blow themselves up by accident, is also well known to people who read the news (not TV news...).

We should be happy that this time they failed, but they are not going to stop unless the Muslim world turns democratic, and this can take maybe 50 years.

I can't find Sirya, is it anywhere near Syria?

Maybe I'm just an imbacil

You sure seem like one.

Someone with knowledge or intelligence, usually reponds to the subject at hand.

Someone with nothing to say, looks fo spelling mistakes.

If you do have something smart to say about the terrorists activities in Thailand and other parts of the world, maybe you can share it with us.

Jan. 17, 2012

Thai security officials arrested a Lebanese man suspected of being a member of Hizballah, the Iranian-backed militant group. After three days of interrogations, police seized more than 8,800 lb. (4,000 kg) of bombmaking materials from the townhouse he rented in a Bangkok suburb.

Jingthing you asked when there was last a attack just another day in palistain , for the Zonist killing a palistian kids old people its just a past time to most of them .

GAZA (Reuters) - An Israeli air strike on the Gaza Strip killed a Palestinian civilian Sunday, hospital officials said, and the military described the operation as retaliation for a cross-border rocket launch.

The dead man was a guard in his 50s or 60s at an animal farm east of Gaza City, hospital officials said. His caravan was hit by a missile and his adult son was wounded.

The Israeli military released a statement saying its aircraft had struck four targets, including "a terror tunnel and a weapon manufacturing facility" in the north, the vicinity of Gaza City.

The air strikes came in response to a short-range rocket that was launched from Gaza Saturday and wounded an Israeli woman, the statement said. No Palestinian armed faction took credit for the launch.

Hamas, Gaza's ruling Islamist movement, has tried to rein in attacks on Israel as it seeks political accommodation with its secular Palestinian rivals. But violence has continued sporadically, often going unclaimed.

An Israeli military spokeswoman said she had no immediate information about the casualties from Sunday's air strikes.Its just another day of killing for the zionist .

Yes the Jews love to drink the Arab children's blood. That's what they teach Palestinian children in school. Glad you mentioned the part about the rockets coming from Gaza. Edited by Jingthing

I can't remember the American Terrorist alert a few weeks back but was it about Iranians and wasn't the warning about possible attacks against Americans?

No, Americans were never singled out as potential targets.. The warning back then was for tourist areas in BKK frequented by Westerners.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

you guys are nuts if you think a solo "terrorist" with a couple pipe bombs is the intel the US was warning about. amazing how many fools still believe the hype of the war machine. even expats. sad.

Hezbollah is still in Thailand. This attacked failed. Doesn't mean there won't be future incidents. Hopefully, the embassy websites are working on updated warnings.

Reports claim foreigner who was injured threw 1st bomb at taxi & attempted to throw 2nd bomb at police but missed and blew off his legs /TANN

i didn't get it ... the guy who got his leg blown off was the person throwing the bomb ?

It's called poetic justice.

or Instant Karma - John Lennon

Instant Karma's gonna get you

Gonna knock you right on the head

You better get yourself together

Pretty soon you're gonna be dead

What in the world you thinking of

Edited by z12

you guys are nuts if you think a solo "terrorist" with a couple pipe bombs is the intel the US was warning about. amazing how many fools still believe the hype of the war machine. even expats. sad.

Hezbollah is still in Thailand. This attacked failed. Doesn't mean there won't be future incidents. Hopefully, the embassy websites are working on updated warnings.

Australia did earlier. they never dropped their warning either.

A bomb disposal squad also said two explosive devices were found in the Iranian's damaged home and defused. They said each was made of three or four pounds of C-4 explosives stuffed inside a pair of radios.

National Police Chief Gen. Prewpan Damapong said the bombs were "magnetic and can get stuck to a vehicle. It can harm people, but not areas."

Obviously the Bomb Disposal squad person that made the above comment, has no idea what 3 or 4 pounds of C4 explosive stuffed inside a pair of radios will do. What a stupid comment.wacko.png

I'm not any explosives expert....but I'd say 3 or 4 pounds of C4 is enough to do a lot more harm than just taking out someone in a car...

And if they were intended to be used as magnetic bombs attached to cars, why would anyone plant the C4 inside a radio.... not exactly the normal kind of thing you'd see attached to the outside of a car.

I think the first info was coming from one Thai source, and the second pgh was coming from the National Police Chief, who has his own reputation as regards competence and knowledge.

JERUSALEM - An Israeli Cabinet minister says his country will "settle the score" with the perpetrators of a bombing attempt in Bangkok http://www.cbsnews.c...bangkok-attack/

Like I said, Iran and Israel are at war.

Israeli politicians are always saying something of the sort after each terrorist attack/rocket launch/whatever. It's mostly show for internal politics, who's tougher on terror etc.

Retaliation, if it happens, got little to do with those comments.

That could be but they are still at war. Not full blown as yet, but there is no doubt they are enemies.

Can't see any other reason to hurl a bomb at a taxi.

1) Refusal to take you to your requested destination,

2) being over charged by a 'rigged' meter, or

3) told to pay an exorbitant fare with no meter when there are no other taxis available? ;)

Apols but I couldn't resist.......

I'm not any explosives expert....but I'd say 3 or 4 pounds of C4 is enough to do a lot more harm than just taking out someone in a car...

And if they were intended to be used as magnetic bombs attached to cars, why would anyone plant the C4 inside a radio.... not exactly the normal kind of thing you'd see attached to the outside of a car.

I think the first info was coming from one Thai source, and the second pgh was coming from the National Police Chief, who has his own reputation as regards competence and knowledge.

Probably stick them underneath a vehicle magnetically or some type of tape. Set the radio to a pre determined channel setting and transmit a signal when you want.

I'm pretty sure you've got your facts wrong and that Israel did NOT admit it. Not saying Israel didn't do it or that it was a smart move but no need to make up stories either.

Sources did say it was done by zionist's factors .. and israel government expressed satisfaction about that

we all know zionist , what they do in usa,europe even in hollywood and they have great lobbies in the world and do everything for reach to their targets

anyway . who will profite from today ?

Iran? no .. it's big joke .. iranian military do this cartoon? just joking

israel? YES SURE , very small work .. but can do his work on media

Sources? Link please or we will assume it was Achmed, the dead terrorist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neTsQng-70o

Pieced together from comments on this story at some of the international news websites:

This guy managed to blow himself up twice a span of about 10-15 minutes.

If he really turns out to be an "Iranian terrorist", one might consider Iran to be the most dangerous place in the world if they develop a nuclear weapon.

• Like 1

Get used to it Thailand, just replace Egypt with Thailand in these headlines.

Egypt longs for tourists to return 14 February 2012

http://bikyamasr.com...ists-to-return/

Egypt feels the slump as tourists stay away 3 February 2012

http://news.bbc.co.u...ack/9691971.stm

Not likely.

In that regard, Thailand should be more worried about --

their potential internal civil war (Thaksin related)

their internal Islamic rebel movement if it gets exported from the south

Hezbollah isn't likely to make Thailand a place of regular attacks on western targets. We see now that it can happen, but Thailand is more useful to them to launder money, R and R, and ship materials to other countries.

No I said Zionist act no better than them. Truth hurts but if the cap fits wear it .They break more un resulutions than any other country and still steal land .

There is no equivalence between the foreign policy of the Jewish state of Israel and the Hitlerian Nazi regime of the Third Reich. In fact, to assert that is defined as a manifestation of antisemitism by the E.U.

Can't you do better? You want to criticize Israeli policies? Great. You want to say they are like Nazis? Do you really need that crutch?

Edited by Jingthing

couple of questions

How far is the house from Sukhumvit / Soi 71

have they said how many people lived in the house ?

Is it (was ) a large house with big gates in front , many of the back streets off Soi 71 have big houses.

I am glad this guy failed, because who knows what the REAL targets were, and really still are because this single bomber was probably not the mastermind of this plot

thanks for the info

BK

This area is not far from where I live.

I think that the Iranians planned a big attack and luckily they didnt succeed ,

Now its that time again to give our bags to the security at malls and MRT, just in case we carry bombs.....

Orac said, "So why was he trying to get a taxi???"

Because a bomb had already gone off accidently at his residence. He, and two other terrorists were hauling ass to get away. He must have grabbed a few grenades on his way out to facilitate his escape.

The taxi refused to pick him up because he was already covered in blood. He panicked, and in anger, threw the grenade at the taxi.

It will be interesting to see what is discovered at the place that had the accidental explosion.

If hezbolla is training southern muslims in jihad, things will get exponentially worse.

There are at least two more terrorists in Bangkok that fled the scene after the first explosion.

I am surprised by the amount of muslim terrorist sympathizers on the board, and that doesn't bode well for the future of Thailand.