3 Foreigners Injured In Bangkok Bomb Explosion

webfact

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have spent too many hours now, reading through almost 700 posts , then scanning the balance and one thing in the chronology of this story/thread, comes out in my mind

I accept the fact that there were 3 guys , in a rented house, that were using it , at least to assemble some type of bombs.

There was some type of error made and there was an explosion in the house. This, of course , blew their cover, and the cat was now out of the bag.

Two men were seen hastily leaving the house.

A third man, shortly thereafter, was seen leaving the house, bloodied and disheveled.

This man hastily walked/ran the couple blocks, or some distance at least, and tried to hail a taxi.

The taxi driver saw the appearance of this bloodied,man and tried to drive away after slowing down, only to have a grenade thrown at him. It did explode under/on the taxi.

The thrower then proceeded for some distance and was seen by the police, at which he threw another grenade , which boomeranged and blew off, for all purposes his legs.

An earlier post detailed a video and made statements about what they wore and a fact that one of the men was carrying , what appeared to be portable radios , one in each hand.

Another report earlier described the police forensic investigative team as finding in the house , bomb making materials as well as C4 explosive..... and two portable radios packed with this same type C4.

Man number 1 , blew his legs off and is now in hospital

Man number 2, was picked up at Swampy last night.

Man number 3, is at large as we post.

Nowhere was there mentioned the two portable radios being picked up from the guy at the airport, which, to try and board a plane with them, would have been utterly stupid , even for a wacked out individual.

This my indicate that the missing radios, possibly.probably packed with C4 may still be on the loose with man number 3.

He may be just about anywhere in the Kingdom by now.....

Would/could/should this give us any reason for concern???

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 2

The bombs that exploded in a busy Bangkok street yesterday were intended for "foreign nationals" in Thailand, national police chief Priewpan Damapong said.

359179.jpg

Bystanders watch as a bomb disposal expert approaches the attack site in front of Kasem Phithaya School on Sukhumvit Soi 71. PRAKIT JUNTHAWONG

He did not give further details but said only that the targets were not Thais.

The blasts injured five people including a bomb suspect carrying an Iranian passport who blew off his own legs.

Hmm, they must have used dumb bombs because a bunch of Thais got hurt instead.

Who is this stupid police chief, do we suppose to feel better that the bombs were for ""foreign nationals" only?

Okay. Hezbollah, a very well organised 'terrorist' Group With A Grudge sent just three guys, one of which blew his own legs off, to (no haha, wait) blow up 'foreign nationals'huh.png in Thailand. A country with no large immigrant population large enough to be of interest to them. Yeah ...

Could be targeting somebody. They are opportunistic and likely take what they can get as they have all but been shut down in US and in major European cities.

Haha, why does everyone keep focusing on what happened when clearly that was only the result of the premature detonation inside their house. Explosions like that tend to attract a little bit of attention. From there, that one guy was pretty much like a wounded animal striking at anything and everything while trying to get away.

Okay. Hezbollah, a very well organised 'terrorist' Group With A Grudge sent just three guys, one of which blew his own legs off, to (no haha, wait) blow up 'foreign nationals'huh.png in Thailand. A country with no large immigrant population large enough to be of interest to them. Yeah ...

Could be targeting somebody. They are opportunistic and likely take what they can get as they have all but been shut down in US and in major European cities.

Haha, why does everyone keep focusing on what happened when clearly that was only the result of the premature detonation inside their house. Explosions like that tend to attract a little bit of attention. From there, that one guy was pretty much like a wounded animal striking at anything and everything while trying to get away.

But. Who, exactly, is this 'they'? A purported (no, stop haha), amount of (worthless outside of Iran) currency and three 'passports' aside? Hell. I know where to 'acquire' a passport of any nationaility ... today

I have seen several posts indicating that Soi 4 was the target. I haven't seen any posts stating why they thought Soi 4 was the target. There are 36 pages so if it is stated I apologize for asking, but what proof is there that Soi 4 was the target?

Ridding the world of evil would mean ridding the world of people like these people ideology and their ilk.

And good riddance to them.

That is your take and of course not theirs obviously. There in lies the problem ... when people believe their beliefs and needs trump that of others and it justifies atrocities. By the way, a great number of people believe you will be one of those taken out during this time and doomed to a life of eternal fire in hell unless you gave your soul to Jesus ... isn't it great how religion brings us all together ;-)

It is my understanding that it is these guys ideolog founder that said they would all go to hell?

If you believe the bible is the word of God / Jesus then yes. As for many Muslims they actually need to depend on the words of their spiritual leader to tell them what the Koran says and means. Although this is the same for many religions, it is much worse in Islam because the Koran is in Arabic which is not the native tongue of many followers but yet they still are able to quote the book in Arabic though they only know the meaning of the words by what they were told. So if the head of the local temple is a radical and believes Jihad means a war against Jews then that is what they are going to believe is in the Koran. Same thing happens with leaders quoting from the bible and then telling their followers what those words means but at least it is not against God's will to read the bible in your native tongue ... then again all the translations have made much of the original words to be lost.

I was referring to the latter, not the former. Can you tell me what the latter worshiped for over 40 years before he tried to convert to Judaism?

Edited by z12

I have seen several posts indicating that Soi 4 was the target. I haven't seen any posts stating why they thought Soi 4 was the target. There are 36 pages so if it is stated I apologize for asking, but what proof is there that Soi 4 was the target?

No proof. Clearly, it wasn't.

No proof. Clearly, it wasn't.

There is one single poster that repeats this and other locations many many times. I sent a personal message to box up as it is getting childishly irritating, he has no proof.

Why is everyone mentioning Soi 4? I think you mean Soi 3? Is there a link that mentions Sukhumvit Soi 4 being a target?

no, there is a single dipshit spreading disinformation

No you are the dip stick where else do you think they would target, you fool...Iguess you just fell off the tuk tuk last night!...LOL

I second that opinion concerning maeab. I think he is spreading deliberate misinformation, misleading the discussion, and adding posts with absolutely no value or interest.

Maybe he owns a bar at cowboy and is trying to steer people there instead of Nana. On a side note, I've never seen a Muslim at Cowboy but see tons walking on Soi 4 every time I am down there. Oddly they are women with their heads and often face covered. Seems like an odd place for such conservative women to want to be staying while on holiday.

Edited by Nisa

Although you would kill many westerners if you attacked one of the red light districts, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. I'm guessing many people back home would not be that outraged or terrorized by a group perceived to be killing sexpats. And not sure how many victim's families would want the name of their loved one being in the press or on some memorial commemorating the attacks where there loved one was killed upstairs of a working girl bar while in a short time room.

Although you would kill many westerners if you attacked one of the red light districts, I'm not sure it would have the desired effect. I'm guessing many people back home would not be that outraged or terrorized by a group perceived to be killing sexpats. And not sure how many victim's families would want the name of their loved one being in the press or on some memorial commemorating the attacks where there loved one was killed upstairs of a working girl bar while in a short time room.

It would be described as a popular entertainment or bar and resteraunt complex and the term sexpat or even sex tourist is almost totally unknown for the majority.

They would just be described as tourists.

It would be described as a popular entertainment or bar and resteraunt complex and the term sexpat or even sex tourist is almost totally unknown for the majority.

Are you sure?

I think the term 'sex tourist' is a clear explanation..

• Like 1

I'm not sure about that. A bomb at Nana and I'd expect to see articles about how its a place for western predators and criminals to exploit sex slaves.

I know that place very well. I used to walk from my apt. on Soi 43 to the Mosque near Soi 31. They had many mixed nationalities there, mostly Pakistani, other arabs, but why target a Muslim neighborhood if those who attacked that area are Muslim. Now I knew many of the people around that area, most of them were the motocycle taxi's who would provide really good service.

The school at Soi 13 which is right across from Soi 12 where a bomb exploded at, I used to work there.

- - - - - - - - -

Interesting you mention that school.

Okay...here's what I believed happened.

They were assembling an explosive device in their house.

They made a mistake, and the explosives went off.

Two people were not hurt in that original explosion. They fled.

The third guy was injured but still able to walk around.

He tried to hail a taxi to go to a hospital or doctor...and the taxi driver wanted no part of this bleeding guy especially when he knew there had been an explosion. So tried to get away.

The injured third guy then threw a bomb or grenade at the taxi...damaging the taxi.

#3 then went out to the end of that soi where he saw a policeman. He paniced, and threw another explosive of some type at the policeman...but that bomb somehow bounced back toward him and exploded...taking his legs off.

And yes, my personal opinion is that the original target of the bomb they were trying to assemble that blew up in their house....was that school.

And yes, that's a scary thought.

hit-the-fan.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG

According to the BBC, a statement issued by the Israeli defence ministry noted that Israeli defense minister Ehud Barak was in Bangkok on Sunday. He was in Singapore yesterday.

According to CNN, Thai authorities found C-4 during a search of the house.

If you connect the dots, it seems that these three or four guys were planning something bigger, but didn't get their act together, or missed the boat entirely....

So if the target was the Israeli defence minister , did he leave Bangkok on Monday ? Maybe they planned to killl him before he got to the airport. .

I know that place very well. I used to walk from my apt. on Soi 43 to the Mosque near Soi 31. They had many mixed nationalities there, mostly Pakistani, other arabs, but why target a Muslim neighborhood if those who attacked that area are Muslim. Now I knew many of the people around that area, most of them were the motocycle taxi's who would provide really good service.

The school at Soi 13 which is right across from Soi 12 where a bomb exploded at, I used to work there.

- - - - - - - - -

Interesting you mention that school.

Okay...here's what I believed happened.

They were assembling an explosive device in their house.

They made a mistake, and the explosives went off.

Two people were not hurt in that original explosion. They fled.

The third guy was injured but still able to walk around.

He tried to hail a taxi to go to a hospital or doctor...and the taxi driver wanted no part of this bleeding guy especially when he knew there had been an explosion. So tried to get away.

The injured third guy then threw a bomb or grenade at the taxi...damaging the taxi.

#3 then went out to the end of that soi where he saw a policeman. He paniced, and threw another explosive of some type at the policeman...but that bomb somehow bounced back toward him and exploded...taking his legs off.

And yes, my personal opinion is that the original target of the bomb they were trying to assemble that blew up in their house....was that school.

And yes, that's a scary thought.

hit-the-fan.gif

You are not grasping the point that has been made innumerable times already: the school and the street they were in was not the target of the attacks. It was where they were living, and where they made the bombs. There is no evidence at all that the target was linked to where they were living.

On the other hand another thread is clearly reporting Thai authorities saying the targets were Israeli diplomats.

now your true prejudices are showing.

• Like 1

Please explain because I am completely lost at where somebody would be capable of reading prejudice into this comment.

Please explain because I am completely lost at where somebody would be capable of reading prejudice into this comment.

I would differ re the amount of westerners killed in the red light districts of Bangers. I would say the Thais would out number the westerners in the bars and discos of Soi Cowboy and NaNa by 3 to 1. I would have to say it would by much worse than the Bali Bombing as the bars there dont have the same volume of Balianese working in the same areas. Just my opinion.

Don't know if it's been mentioned or observed by anyone yet as this thread just got out of control, but there is clothes all over the place from the pack exploding and the victim is not cleanly shaven so he was not intending to be a suicide bomber he was just going to stash the backpack somewhere for remote or timed detonation...

Seems another reason he's not going to be getting his virgins besides being in the wrong country for it..

A consequence of this event may well be the tougher restrictions for Iranian passport holders on getting visas to Thailand,

It should be but it wouldn't surprise me if the heat goes to Americans instead. The nerve of them posting a terrorism warning!

Gee, I think perhaps would be a good idea to check your exports first and see where the majority go. More food for thought, would be to check where many sources of funding comes from, before making such an ignorant assertion.

This particular post of yours, as are some recent others i have read recently are filled with an underlying tone of judgement. You are projecting your own distaste for what happens at Nana on to the families of anyone who would there die were the area were a target.

Furthermore, you are claiming that everyone in this area is a sexpat, and somehow managing to completely overlook the fact that some may be curious tourists, couples, locals out for a drink or dinner in many of the standard bars, pubs or restaurants in the area. You also ignore that beyond the first few hundred meters are hotels, condos and private homes far in excess of the bars at the mouth of the soi. These are inhabited by Thai citizens expats who work and live in the area and may be passing through at any given point in time. In short, your own bias against the area is heavily skewed and you are attributing that to the rest of the world.

My daughter used to attend a daycare on soi 4, and i jog through the area on a loop from soi 10 through the tobacco monopoly grounds. Are we sexpats?

Where do you get off saying the rest of the world would be uninterested or embarrassed if their father, brother, son, cousin or any other relation, male or female, were to perish during a terrorist act in the area? I mean really, the problem is yours, and yours alone. The judgement is yours alone.

And for the record I had lunch with my daughter in a pub the other day, i have already read your judgments on that.

• Like 1

The suspect terrorist who was arrested in Bangkok a few weeks ago was a Swedish Citizen and held a Swedish passport ... He must have been working for the Swedish Government. jerk.gif

Yes, they arrested Atris Hussein, a Swedish/Lebanese citizen.

And your point is?

The suspect terrorist who was arrested in Bangkok a few weeks ago was a Swedish Citizen and held a Swedish passport ... He must have been working for the Swedish Government. jerk.gif

Yes, they arrested Atris Hussein, a Swedish/Lebanese citizen.

And your point is?

In my country a foreigner can move in and after a couple of years becomes a British citizen. In my eyes they never become a British citizen, Lot of difference between a citizen and national. I hate it when some guy blows innocent folk up and the tabloids say "A British" guy blows up blah blah, when his roots are from another side of the world..

• Like 1

That is your take and of course not theirs obviously. There in lies the problem ... when people believe their beliefs and needs trump that of others and it justifies atrocities. By the way, a great number of people believe you will be one of those taken out during this time and doomed to a life of eternal fire in hell unless you gave your soul to Jesus ... isn't it great how religion brings us all together ;-)

Of course people of any faith that requires any particular belief to earn yourself a spot in heaven would naturally think that you, in the absence of that belief, will go to hell or wherever is not heaven. That's what faith is all about. What is wrong with that? I have no problem with anybody believing I am going to hell, to limbo or to the mall as long as they don't try to blow me up, remove my head or otherwise interfere with my life. There is a difference.

• Like 1