Thaksin Urges Thais To Love Each Other Via Skype

webfact

Quote of OP:

he urged Pheu Thai MPs to meet with the public and clarify the party's stance towards charter rewrite that it intends to amend only Article 291 so as to pave the way for the establishment of the 99-member drafting assembly, without touching Article 112 of the Criminal Code

Unquote.

In opposing any change to the Lese Majeste law, Thaksin said that the law has existed for a long time and has not posed any problem.

Not sure how incarcerated Red Shirt Leader and Voice of Thaksin magazine editor Somyos feels about the master's decision...

unsure.png

However, Somyos' son let his feelings be known...

http://www.thaivisa....ay-17-feb-2012/

The Nation

September 20, 2012

Twenty opponents of the lese majeste law held a 112-minute vigil outside the Criminal Court yesterday to condemn the postponement of lese majeste detainee Somyos Prueksakasemsuk's sentencing. The verdict has been postponed to December 19.

http://www.nationmul...o-30190724.html

with apologies, this is the correct link to the son's article quoted above

I wonder what the number 112 is all about? A 112 minute silence and the son doing a 112 hour hunger strike. I have to say, if I was stuck in jail and believed myself innocent and my son only did a 4 day hunger strike to try and get me out before doing a runner to burger king there would be trouble at mill when I finally did get out.

I wonder what the number 112 is all about? A 112 minute silence and the son doing a 112 hour hunger strike. I have to say, if I was stuck in jail and believed myself innocent and my son only did a 4 day hunger strike to try and get me out before doing a runner to burger king there would be trouble at mill when I finally did get out.

As the photo from Red Comrade demonstrates, the 112 is in reference to Article 112 of the Thai criminal code that covers lese majeste.

anti-112_zps2020393a.jpg