Vpn

ginooooo

I've used Witopia for years. Basic plan starts at US$50/year, and you can access servers in around 50 cities all over the world, switching any time you want free of charge. They also offer servers on alternate ports, which I found necessary when trying to use Skype audio in Dubai. Their tech support is probably the most prompt and helpful I have seen anywhere.

https://www.witopia.net/

Thank you for your resposes. Only going for a month and will call them to see if just 1 month with no commitment is ok.

TuVPN will offer you a plan month by month, I think it is $12.. The user ID is valid for any of their servers from Malaysia, Singapore to Europe/US.. Malaysia offers best speed, but the Eastern European servers are good also.

Thank you for your resposes. Only going for a month and will call them to see if just 1 month with no commitment is ok.

Having VPN is always good if you travel away from your home network and use public WiFi networks. When you are sending/receiving unencrypted packets on those, they can be picked off and read by bad guys. A VPN service costing US$4 or $5/month is not an expensive insurance policy considering the possible downside.

• 4 months later...

Having VPN is always good if you travel away from your home network and use public WiFi networks. When you are sending/receiving unencrypted packets on those, they can be picked off and read by bad guys. A VPN service costing US$4 or $5/month is not an expensive insurance policy considering the possible downside.

Whether you are sending encrypted or unencrypted data you are still at the mercy of the owner of your VPNs exit node. If they sniff the traffic across their network there's nothing you can do about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Whether you are sending encrypted or unencrypted data you are still at the mercy of the owner of your VPNs exit node. If they sniff the traffic across their network there's nothing you can do about it.

I'm more worried about public wifi access points in places like airports and hotels. It seems unlikely that a reliable VPN service operator would be sniffing packets inside their network.