Australian Tourist Visa Application

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. Demonstrating a compelling reason is hard, but I said we would be wanting more visas in the future and she had also been to the UK with me with no problems.

She will lodge the application on Monday . If she doesn't get it, she won't come with me this time and we'll worry about it again next year..

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.. Demonstrating a compelling reason is hard, but I said we would be wanting more visas in the future and she had also been to the UK with me with no problems.

She will lodge the application on Monday . If she doesn't get it, she won't come with me this time and we'll worry about it again next year..

Are you based in Thailand with a work permit? If yes, submit a copy of your work permit and a copy of your passport. That in itself is a compelling reason for her to return to Thailand..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Hi,

Are you based in Thailand with a work permit? If yes, submit a copy of your work permit and a copy of your passport. That in itself is a compelling reason for her to return to Thailand.

Mate, that's one I've not thought of ... thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hi,

You have a ace there.

My understanding is that countries like Australia, USA, NZ, UK etc view favorably an applicant who has had a Visa for a similar country and has complied with that Visa.

Be sure to mention the UK Visa in the covering letter maybe a copy of it, showing or mentioning the Visa duration and the entry and exit stamps for her, to prove that she complied with the Visa's conditions..

It might be a game changer.

when a tourist visa is issued, do you know how long it is valid for before it expires? if we wanted to apply now for travel in 9 months time, do you think that's possible?

thx

Mate, I'm in Thailand atm and most of my notes are on the other computer.

Just so you know we aren't ignoring your question ... hopefully one of the other experienced posters will be by soon with the info you need.

when a tourist visa is issued, do you know how long it is valid for before it expires? if we wanted to apply now for travel in 9 months time, do you think that's possible?

thx

Yes, you will know

The Visa Grant Notice will have a 'Last date to arrive' printed on it.

We have had a multi entry tourist visa valid for 12 months from date of issue (If Last date to arrive is January 1, you can enter December 31 and you have 3 months from that day). We have also had single entry tourist visas valid from date of application, and another single entry valid for entry within 3 months from date of application.

If you want the visa approved now, so you can book your flights and plan, state when you intend to travel in your application. Highlight the intended dates and ask for a tourist visa that will be valid from around that time.

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone can assist but would be grateful for thoughts and advice.

We will be relocating back to Aus in July. We would like to bring our maid back with us for a month to help us set up again and also to take her on a bit of a holiday with the kids so she can see another country.

I would apply for a tourist visa, maid's stats are:

1. 36 years

2. 12 year old child not living with her

3. unmarried

4. work history with us 2 years

I am aware of knock backs of maids visas in the past from friends. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or tips and suggestions.

We will be relocating back to Aus in July. We would like to bring our maid back with us for a month to help us set up again and also to take her on a bit of a holiday with the kids so she can see another country.

1. 36 years

3. unmarried

I am aware of knock backs of maids visas in the past from friends. Would greatly appreciate any thoughts or tips and suggestions.

Will she have a reason to return? Future job prospect?

• Like 1

1. 36 years

3. unmarried

Short answer is yes - she wants to live in BKK and continue the same work. She will likely be employed again with a different employer when she intends to travel over with us.

Short answer is yes - she wants to live in BKK and continue the same work. She will likely be employed again with a different employer when she intends to travel over with us.

Do I ask what the "long" answer is? ;) Oh wait, I just did...

If she has a reason to return, there's a good chance her visa will be approved. Hypotheticals aren't worth anything.

Do I ask what the "long" answer is? wink.png Oh wait, I just did...

If she has a reason to return, there's a good chance her visa will be approved. Hypotheticals aren't worth anything.

The message Mr Smith is probably trying to convey is that 'a firm offer of work by another employer' might be sufficient evidence for the Immigration Dept' to identify a strong reason for her return to Thailand.

While 'an intention to return to previous style of employment in the near future' may not be regarded as a strong reason to return.

That's how I read it ... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

1. 36 years

3. unmarried

If she is your maid then you would be paying her. If you are bringing her to OZ on a tourist visa, she wont be allowed to work, on that Visa. The obvious question from immigration would be 'if she is your maid, is she working for you during her stay?'

• Like 1

1. 36 years

3. unmarried

If she is your maid then you would be paying her. If you are bringing her to OZ on a tourist visa, she wont be allowed to work, on that Visa. The obvious question from immigration would be 'if she is your maid, is she working for you during her stay?'

Yep,

That could be a main sticking point.

And it's not as if you can say she's just a family friend when her work history

includes the last 2 years working for you.

You could always say you're treating her for a holiday.

Bottom line is that it's cheap enough to apply so just give it a crack.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I had a case in Vietnam where I was successful in obtaining a 12 month multi entry visa for Aus for VN maid, was upfront about the arrangement if maid and that seemed to be ok.

That was 4 years ago maybe things here not the same.

Not sure whether to be upfront about the maid thing or package it differently. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

A mate in Aus met his girl on Dec 7, flew back to Aus early Jan for a week, came back to Thailand mid Jan went to visit her folks up country, left early Feb. She applied for a 3 month tourist visa on Feb 10, it was denied Feb 19. It appears to be 2 reasons firstly, her demonstrated employment and savings history in Thailand was insufficient for them to be satisfied that she had a compelling reason to return and secondly, it was inferred that the letter of support generally was given less weight if the applicant had either not met or only just met the Australian, even though they made the point they regarded his letter as genuine.

OK, she stated that her employment was always casual farmwork for family or other locals, ie no records, payslips or even regular pay. She does have a bank account but did not present it. She has no kids is 36 he is 39. She has an old passport which shows one holiday to Malaysia and timely return but did not present it.

Question is, if they reapply he can supply records of contact and a more detailed statement of his movements back and forth to see her, plus they have some photos of them at home which she was going to lodge but didn't, but what can she do to address the shortfall in her employment history assuming that the bank book will not show anything much. Would a letter from a prospective family employer stating she has work to return to be of any use. Anything else?

Hi guys

A mate in Aus met his girl on Dec 7, flew back to Aus early Jan for a week, came back to Thailand mid Jan went to visit her folks up country, left early Feb. She applied for a 3 month tourist visa on Feb 10, it was denied Feb 19. It appears to be 2 reasons firstly, her demonstrated employment and savings history in Thailand was insufficient for them to be satisfied that she had a compelling reason to return and secondly, it was inferred that the letter of support generally was given less weight if the applicant had either not met or only just met the Australian, even though they made the point they regarded his letter as genuine.

OK, she stated that her employment was always casual farmwork for family or other locals, ie no records, payslips or even regular pay. She does have a bank account but did not present it. She has no kids is 36 he is 39. She has an old passport which shows one holiday to Malaysia and timely return but did not present it.

Question is, if they reapply he can supply records of contact and a more detailed statement of his movements back and forth to see her, plus they have some photos of them at home which she was going to lodge but didn't, but what can she do to address the shortfall in her employment history assuming that the bank book will not show anything much. Would a letter from a prospective family employer stating she has work to return to be of any use. Anything else?

Sometime you need to read between the lines because DIAC won't come out and say

"you have only known each other for 2 months" or something similiar.

To me, that will be DIAC's biggest concern. There's only approx 2 months of knowing each other.

Another issue could also be the length of time she requested the visa for. If it was for 3 months first

up after only meeting In Jan, that would be a deal breaker IMO.

A letter from an employer wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day, DIAC probably want to see

a bit more time togther.

I think it would be best to reapply in or around June, maybe for a month first up.

They can also provide more information like visits and photo's etc.

• Like 2

1. 36 years

3. unmarried

if she is working or "helping in any way" she will be refused.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Hi guys

ok I do have visa experience. I am gay and that makes it more difficult to get visas.

Time my friend. You need at LEAST 6 months or 3 months together not a week here and there. DIAC think everyone will stay due to better salaries.

Make sure you have lots of photos together. Lots!. And het her a job paying tax even,if you have to,

pay the employers so she has one reason to return.

Always be truthful even if it sounds bad. DIAC will think more positive of the application and look at that application with integrity. If you fiddle the edges and they become suspicious there goes your chances. If you want to help with a better life state that.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

BT ... Bookman and Will27's posts were also what I would have written as a guide. (Bookie, nice comment re the unpaid leave ... never thought of that one ... learn something new everyday).

When MissFarmGirl did her applications ... yes, her original Bank Passbook, even though I was supporting her was required.

Don't deviate much from the first application, but tighten it up.

And, as the boys have said above ... such a short time in the relationship ... only time will fix that.

Tell your mate to keep the emails up ... phone calls as a record of a relationship don't wash ... number on a phone statement mean naught.

• Like 2

Sorry, she did apply for 3 months on the form but in her accompanying letter she only wanted 2 as she had to be back to help

family by mid-May. For a letter from family I presume that in more or less stat dec format ie witnessed and stamped by pu yai bahn would help, plus more time, plus photo's, plus bank records of hers showing money coming in from him. Now if she wants to apply again, she will have to take into account her previous statement that the farm is cranking up in May and she had to be there. The Aussie isn't an e-mail sort of bloke I think they Skype and fb. Will post again as it unfolds, thanks all for your prompt replies

• Like 1

Sorry, she did apply for 3 months on the form but in her accompanying letter she only wanted 2 as she had to be back to help

family by mid-May. For a letter from family I presume that in more or less stat dec format ie witnessed and stamped by pu yai bahn would help, plus more time, plus photo's, plus bank records of hers showing money coming in from him. Now if she wants to apply again, she will have to take into account her previous statement that the farm is cranking up in May and she had to be there. The Aussie isn't an e-mail sort of bloke I think they Skype and fb. Will post again as it unfolds, thanks all for your prompt replies

Skype and FB are fine Bluetongue. These guys understand the changing nature of communication and relationships

For skype & FB you can copy and paste all your activity into a word document. If there is a lot of activity then shrink the font size and double column the page.

Skype, FB and the others also will show within your conversation history when you made video calls and the duration of each call. I printed out and used these histories as it showed regular contact. A lot were just call duration/times but was within my own username so it if proof of regular contact I don't think I have sent more than one or two emails in 3 years to my GF

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

post-104736-0-12370400-1394931135_thumb.

From their website ...

The Australian Visa Application Centre is moving

on the 21 April 2014

to

The Trendy Office building

28th floor

Sukhumvit Soi 13

xmap-big.jpg.pagespeed.ic.2R0pdAEL_3.jpg

Ignore the boat building reference on the Map

was the best image I could nick from the web.

Credit

Hi guys

Sometime you need to read between the lines because DIAC won't come out and say

"you have only known each other for 2 months" or something similiar.

To me, that will be DIAC's biggest concern. There's only approx 2 months of knowing each other.

Another issue could also be the length of time she requested the visa for. If it was for 3 months first

up after only meeting In Jan, that would be a deal breaker IMO.

A letter from an employer wouldn't hurt but at the end of the day, DIAC probably want to see

a bit more time togther.

I think it would be best to reapply in or around June, maybe for a month first up.

They can also provide more information like visits and photo's etc.

Lot's of possible reasons.

I read heaps of stories on here that are really so similar but very different results. The case worker you get... means lots I'm sure of it.

Example is a friend of mine, unemployed in Australia yet got his Tgf who probably had little or no money a visa in under 2 weeks.

Hello

I'm wondering about the exact definition of "Certified Copy" of Thai Documents as required by the Australian governement when making a visa application.

I'm looking at taking my partner over for a short holiday and want to provide as much proof of return documentation as possible i.e tabien baan, her business registration, etc.

I've currently got a thread going on the Chiang Mai board - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713124-certified-copies-of-thai-documents/?p=7601410 also.

Any help and/or adivce would be very much appreciated.

With thanks.