Australian Tourist Visa Application

A "Certified Copy" is when an 'Authorized' person views a particular original document and then 'certifies' that the copy, as presented, is a true copy of the original and can be relied upon as thus.

In Australia, JP's C'Decs etc can do this.

In Thailand, there is also a group of people entrusted with this ability.

Where you would get that list is unknown.

But, I know, for example, the counter staff at VFS have the ability to 'certify' documents. As do some of the Australian Embassy Staff.

I've assisted my Thai partner with her various Tourist Visa applications ... none of them required any 'Certified documents' ... but did, quite strangely, I thought, require an original Bank Passbook.

Certifying documents, IMHO adds little weight to an application ... either they are required ... or they are not.

Certifying documents for example that an applicant owns a Farm or a motorbike does little to assist an application ... but demonstrating why the applicant is a key member of that Farming operation and that any extended absence from that Farm would be to the detriment of the Farming enterprise ... that is a 'reason to Return' to the Farm.

IMHO ... smile.png

• Like 1

Current Tourist Visa turn-a-round times* ...

Have to say, I'm less then impressed with this latest from the Australian Embassy ...

"Processing time

The time taken for applications to be assessed fluctuates based on the number of applications received at any one time by the department.

For all Visitor Visa Tourist Stream visa applications lodged through our Service Delivery Partner, AVAC, the current service standard is 10 working days.

For all Visitor Visa Tourist Stream visa applications lodged directly with the Australian Embassy Thailand by mail/courier, the departmental service standard is one month."

Link

It's certainly an unsubtle message that you should use their commercially operated Service Partner, VFS ... rather then head directly to the Embassy ... dry.png

* that's the official time they allow themselves for processing.

• 2 weeks later...

To get Thai documents translated from thai to english you need to go to any place which provides document translations generally they are located close to Embassys or dept.of foreign affairs they are not official government depts. Once translated you then need to get them certified at the dept.of foreign affairs who will put lovely stamps and stickers on them. The Australian Embassy can only certify Australian documents.

My memory is a bit scratchy but I think Ive that should be right, its all a bit hazy when having to do the whole thing for someone else in a non english speaking country and things can and do get lost in translation.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to write a letter of support (financial and accom) for my thai GF girl do I need to Certify my bank statements and every document I provide? If I do can I just scan them after and email them to her for the application, or will I have to snail mail them so the actual stamp can be seen?

This will be for a class 600 tourist visa

I obtained two tourist visa for a former girlfriend.

The first one I had only known her for one month.

I drafted a statutory declaration that stated that:

1. She would be staying with me

2. She would not be working while in Australia

3. She would have travel insurance paid prior to her departure

I attached the following annexures to the Stat Dec:

1. Copy of my passport

2. Copy of her passport and Thai ID card

3. A lettter from my Charter accountant showing that I had significant funds in at call Australia bank accounts

4. Some colour photos of us touring around Thailand

On the application I stated that her occupation was rice farmer. Her place of employment was the address of the family paddy.

Before I applied I spoke with 3 different agents in Bangkok. They all said the application would be knocked back because I had only know here for such a short period. One of them wanted to start creating fake bank accounts and a fake business so she could apply for the visa on her own without my support. Madness...

Anyway the visa was granted without a single problem.

The only issues we encountered where when we were leaving from Swampy. The Thai immigration spent about 10 minutes trying to talk my girl out of getting on the plane.

The second time she flew out to Brisbane alone. She was pulled aside by immigration there and they conducted a full strip search of her for drugs. I, unsucessfully, tried to sue the Australian government over this later issue.

I want to write a letter of support (financial and accom) for my thai GF girl do I need to Certify my bank statements and every document I provide? If I do can I just scan them after and email them to her for the application, or will I have to snail mail them so the actual stamp can be seen?

This will be for a class 600 tourist visa

You can now apply online via a "immi account" to apply for your GF and use your email address for any communication by Immigration. Yes you would need to have documentation certified and can scan and upload to the online immi account. A lot more efficient and you can track the application

You can now apply online via a "immi account" to apply for your GF and use your email address for any communication by Immigration. Yes you would need to have documentation certified and can scan and upload to the online immi account. A lot more efficient and you can track the application

You can't applying online via a "immi account" for a Tourist visa (sub class 600) as Thailand isn't a eligible country.

Supplying a scanned copy of a certified document would make the document no longer a certified copy, It would just be a copy of a copy of a certified document.

You can't applying online via a "immi account" for a Tourist visa (sub class 600) as Thailand isn't a eligible country.

Supplying a scanned copy of a certified document would make the document no longer a certified copy, It would just be a copy of a copy of a certified document.

somewhat out of date, asisted a Thai to apply online a few weeks ago via immi account for Visa 600 and visa granted

Edited by simple1

Interesting, the DIBP and the Australian Embassy Thailands website says you can't do a Thai passport holder visa 600 online. http://www.immi.gov.au/Services/Pages/visitor-visa-online-applications.aspx

Have to give it a try in a couple of months when I am helping a friend do one.

Its sometimes true that the info web sites are not updated in realtime that does create confusion as to the current process flow. Happened a few months back when a member was relating his experiece that did not match online guidance from DIDP and Oz embassy web content - created a bit of 'debate'

This will be for a class 600 tourist visa.

Hi simple 1,

I am in the process of helping my de flacto Thai partner apply for her fourth tourist visa to Australia in the last four years. We had no problems with applying for 3 months visas in 2011, 2012 and last year. I don't want to do an online application and just take the application with her to the VFS office at the Trendy building.

When we did previous applications at VFS and there was no need to have her Thai documents translated and the copies certified. We only had to supply copies of her Thai documents, my tabien baan with her name in it, her birth certificate and her other Thai documents and her bank book and passport, signed by herself. Do this documents now have to be translated and certified? If so, who in Pattaya can certify her documents?

I only supplied copies of my chanote, passport and financial statements, the letter of invitation etc. signed by myself. I also supplied copies of the title of my unit in Australia and copies of my Thai and Australian Last will and testament, where my Thai partner is the beneficiary and other documents in English signed by myself.

We have been living as a de facto couple together continuously for the last four years and spent most of our time together since we started living together in my condo in Jomtien since 2006.

Has this all changed now and do I need to have all of the paperwork copies certified? We intend to apply for a partner visa when we return from Australia probably

at the end of August.

Thanks for any reply from you or any other person.

This will be for a class 600 tourist visa.

Hi simple 1,

I am in the process of helping my de flacto Thai partner apply for her fourth tourist visa to Australia in the last four years. We had no problems with applying for 3 months visas in 2011, 2012 and last year. I don't want to do an online application and just take the application with her to the VFS office at the Trendy building.

When we did previous applications at VFS and there was no need to have her Thai documents translated and the copies certified. We only had to supply copies of her Thai documents, my tabien baan with her name in it, her birth certificate and her other Thai documents and her bank book and passport, signed by herself. Do this documents now have to be translated and certified? If so, who in Pattaya can certify her documents?

I only supplied copies of my chanote, passport and financial statements, the letter of invitation etc. signed by myself. I also supplied copies of the title of my unit in Australia and copies of my Thai and Australian Last will and testament, where my Thai partner is the beneficiary and other documents in English signed by myself.

We have been living as a de facto couple together continuously for the last four years and spent most of our time together since we started living together in my condo in Jomtien since 2006.

Has this all changed now and do I need to have all of the paperwork copies certified? We intend to apply for a partner visa when we return from Australia probably

at the end of August.

Thanks for any reply from you or any other person.

Sorry, cannot answer your questions, perhaps a good idea to send an email; to adress below, for a current factual response as documentation policy seems to change fairly regularly

[email protected]

Edited by simple1

• 3 weeks later...

I just sent all my documents to Thailand for my teraks sub 600 visa,

All posted by airmail and all certified by J.P or bank

1 I sent pass port copies, letter of invite (hand written) statutory declaration.

2 Home loan statement, settlement statement, electricity bill, home insurance

3 Pay slips, tax returns (2 years) , pay as you go pay slips, ABN registration, Bank statements (6 months)

4 Photos together (when I was in Thailand) , email conversations, Skype conversation's

I feel Ive covered all bases but now trying to get her all done and im abit confused on how to get her documents that are translated from thai certified or legalised. Where go to get them certified? Does she need English documents certified too?

I just sent all my documents to Thailand for my teraks sub 600 visa,

All posted by airmail and all certified by J.P or bank

1 I sent pass port copies, letter of invite (hand written) statutory declaration.

2 Home loan statement, settlement statement, electricity bill, home insurance

3 Pay slips, tax returns (2 years) , pay as you go pay slips, ABN registration, Bank statements (6 months)

4 Photos together (when I was in Thailand) , email conversations, Skype conversation's

I feel Ive covered all bases but now trying to get her all done and im abit confused on how to get her documents that are translated from thai certified or legalised. Where go to get them certified? Does she need English documents certified too?

Firstly, you didn't need to send (almost) any of that.

Your Thai friend is simply applying for a Tourist Stream Visa.

The checklist can be found here ... http://www.immi.gov.au/visas/visitor/_pdf/600-document-checklist.pdf

Documents to show you are a genuine visitor
Evidence of sufficient funds, such as personal bank statements, pay slips, audited accounts, taxation
records or credit card limit.
If you are visiting relatives or friends, a letter of invitation from your relative or friend in Australia. If
your relative or friend is paying for your visit, evidence that they have the necessary funds.
If you are visiting under the Tourist stream: Your itinerary for your stay in Australia.
Other information to show that you have an incentive and authority to return to your home country, such as:
  • a letter from your employer stating your intention to return to your job
  • evidence of enrolment at a school, college or university in your home country
  • evidence of immediate family members in your home country
  • evidence of your visa or residence status in your home country, and your right to return
  • evidence of property or other significant assets owned in your home country.

If you are applying through the VFS system, they will 'certify' her documents such as her Passport and Identity card for free.

She need to bring her original Bank Passbook and they will take that (who knows why!)

All your stuff can be sent by email ... nothing needs to be certified. You don't need Stat Decs, they hold no extra weight to the application.

The number one thing for the applicant to concertrate on is shown above ... information to show that you have an incentive and authority to return to your home country.

• Like 1

Hi David48

I am seeking advice about obtaining an Australian visa for my Thai de-facto who is the mother of our 4 year old son.

She and our son reside in Thailand and I, due to economics, live and work in Australia. She works from home and I subsidize them financially.

I wish that they visit me in Australia for a holiday and I am unsure about which visa my de-facto should apply for.

Our son has his Australian passport already.

Just trying to work out which visa we should apply for for my de-facto to accompany her son to Australia.

Any thoughts?

First question is ... 'How long do they plan to travel to Australia for'?

The well trodden path is firstly a 3 month, single entry Tourist Visa.

Then, a 12 month, Mutiple Entry Visa ... each stay is a maximum length of 3 months.

Sometimes another Tourist Visa, somtimes a higher level visa such as a Partner Visa.

I spoke to a person recently who's Thai Partner was visiting on a Student Visa, ususlly studying English, but the qualifying subjects vary widly ... Aust govt info here ... http://www.immi.gov.au/Study/Pages/Study.aspx

Also look at this site Aust govt Find a Visa ... http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Find-a-visa.aspx

Your son, holding an Australian Passport requires no Visa. He enters Australia on his Australian Passport and leaves and re-enters Thailand on his Thai Passport. If he doesn't have a Thai Passport, he would benefit greatly by having one.

Hopefully that's a start for you.

Just looking at the VSF tracking today and it says this "Processed application has been received at the Visa Application Centre,Bangkok AC from the Australian Embassy,Bangkok AC on 13/06/2014" Does that mean its ready to pick up and find out if the visa was approved?.

Edited by tekNique

&*$% Answer is NO!!! Im devo sad.png Dosent even say reason why properly, just says do not meet requirement in clause 600.21 (common criteria) in schedule 2......................I hate my country now.

Does she have a reason to return? I didn't see it listed before...

Failing that, she's not related to anyone who may currently be persona non grata?

&*$% Answer is NO!!! Im devo sad.png Dosent even say reason why properly, just says do not meet requirement in clause 600.21 (common criteria) in schedule 2......................I hate my country now.

Does she have a reason to return? I didn't see it listed before...

Failing that, she's not related to anyone who may currently be persona non grata?

tekNique: You can reapply, but before you do so any idea which issue/s were not successfully addressed in the application, see below:

Subdivision 600.21 - Common criteria

All applicants are required to meet the common criteria. The common criteria require the applicant to have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily. The applicant is also required to have adequate means to support himself or herself in Australia, to satisfy certain public interest criteria, and to satisfy certain special return criteria relevant to applicants who have previously been in Australia. In addition, the Minister must be satisfied that there are exceptional circumstances if the grant of the visa would allow the applicant to remain in Australia as a visitor for a total period exceeding 12 months

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

I finally got the reason out of her lol, seems we have not known long enough for them to be confident that I will continually support her. So her financial circumstances out weigh mine. Was abit hard to explain to her. So I guess all we can do is wait until we know longer so they are more confident of my support, or get her bank built up over a period of time. I don't really want to build her bank up for 3 months anything could happen. I have already provided for her financially substantially. Unless any one else here as any other ideas??
"""""after careful consideration of all the information you have provided, I was not satisfied that you met the relevant criteria for the grant of this visa as set out in australian migration law
adequate means to support himself or herself; or access to adequate means to support himself or herself; during the period of the applicant's intended stay in australia
you have stated on your application form that you wish to travel to australia from 15/07-26/08 . you have stated that your boyfriend will support you with accommodation and provide financially during your stay in australia.8:13 PM
you have provided a bank book from kasikorn bank indicating total available funds of 69,534 thai baht as at 02/06/2014 . however , i note that these funds were deposited into the account over a short period of time and are not consistent with the account's previous transaction history. prior to these recent deposits, the total balance your account was only 134.19 as you have not provided any information regarding the source of these funds, i cannot be satisfied that the balance in your account is a true indication of your financial situation.
you have provided an invitation letter and supporting documents from mr. XXXXXXX, an australian citizen. he states that he will be support your stay in australia. this office considers carefully the support from australians, particularly if there is a close family or personal link.8:25 PM
you have provided an invitation letter and supporting documents from mr. XXXXXXXX, an australian citizen. he states that he will be support your stay in australia. this office considers carefully the support from australians, particularly if there is a close family or personal link. you state that you first met Mr. XXXX in person in april 2014 . while i accept that the offer of support is genuine, I have taken into account the short duration of the relationship and consider that the offer of support is outweighed by your personal circumstances above.""""
Edited by tekNique

^^ Mate, I'm sad that your partner wasn't able to get a Visa this time round.

May I give some personal advice.

When you make an application, tick the boxes that the Australian Government want ... not what you think they want.

You sent a heap of stuff they didn't need and maybe failed to cover the bits they did need.

Sending her a heap of money is definately not the answer.

We'll do out best to try and help you.

So, when you are ready to try again, please come back to us.

I finally got the reason out of her lol, seems we have not known long enough for them to be confident that I will continually support her. So her financial circumstances out weigh mine. Was abit hard to explain to her. So I guess all we can do is wait until we know longer so they are more confident of my support, or get her bank built up over a period of time. I don't really want to build her bank up for 3 months anything could happen. I have already provided for her financially substantially. Unless any one else here as any other ideas??
"""""after careful consideration of all the information you have provided, I was not satisfied that you met the relevant criteria for the grant of this visa as set out in australian migration law
adequate means to support himself or herself; or access to adequate means to support himself or herself; during the period of the applicant's intended stay in australia

you have stated on your application form that you wish to travel to australia from 15/07-26/08 . you have stated that your boyfriend will support you with accommodation and provide financially during your stay in australia.8:13 PM

you have provided a bank book from kasikorn bank indicating total available funds of 69,534 thai baht as at 02/06/2014 . however , i note that these funds were deposited into the account over a short period of time and are not consistent with the account's previous transaction history. prior to these recent deposits, the total balance your account was only 134.19 as you have not provided any information regarding the source of these funds, i cannot be satisfied that the balance in your account is a true indication of your financial situation.
you have provided an invitation letter and supporting documents from mr. XXXXXXX, an australian citizen. he states that he will be support your stay in australia. this office considers carefully the support from australians, particularly if there is a close family or personal link.8:25 PM
you have provided an invitation letter and supporting documents from mr. XXXXXXXX, an australian citizen. he states that he will be support your stay in australia. this office considers carefully the support from australians, particularly if there is a close family or personal link. you state that you first met Mr. XXXX in person in april 2014 . while i accept that the offer of support is genuine, I have taken into account the short duration of the relationship and consider that the offer of support is outweighed by your personal circumstances above.""""

There's your answer right there.

While there is no set time limit on these things, DIAC usually like to see something closer to 6 months.

Pumping nearly 60 000 Baht into her bank account in 2 months would be another red flag.

You said" or get her bank built up over a period of time. I don't really want to build her bank up for 3 months anything could happen".

I don't see why you feel the need to keep depositing money into her account. It doesn't help the application and probably hinders it.

Give the relationship another 4 or 5 months and give it another crack would be my advice.

• Like 1

There's your answer right there.

While there is no set time limit on these things, DIAC usually like to see something closer to 6 months.

Pumping nearly 60 000 Baht into her bank account in 2 months would be another red flag.

You said" or get her bank built up over a period of time. I don't really want to build her bank up for 3 months anything could happen".

I don't see why you feel the need to keep depositing money into her account. It doesn't help the application and probably hinders it.

Give the relationship another 4 or 5 months and give it another crack would be my advice.

I've just read (part) of your post titled: In love with thai girl married to thai man

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/720820-in-love-with-thai-girl-married-to-thai-man/

Included in it was your post "Posted 2014-05-09 16:11:43

"Not much happening try to get an Aus tourist visa for her, shes got no money in her account though and wants me to put 100,000 to 200,000baht in her account. She says she'll pay me back but im reluctant to do it."

Please disregard my previous advice about reapplyingfacepalm.gif

• Like 2

What difference does that make? Because she was married before and she is now divorced she is not entitled to a visitor visa in some peoples minds? I have known her since February 12th. April 8th was the date we first met in person, we are serious about each other and our relationship is as valid as the next person.

Edited by tekNique

What difference does that make? Because she was married before and she is now divorced she is not entitled to a visitor visa in some peoples minds? I have known her since February 12th. April 8th was the date we first met in person, we are serious about each other and our relationship is as valid as the next person.

No one said her being married made a difference.

My initial advice was that you only met her in person 2 months before you applied for the visa.

DIAC generally like to see a bit more time before issuing a visa.

My comment about not reapplying was when you said she asked you to put 100 000 to 200 00

Baht into her bank account.

Anyway, you've been told enough about the red flags in your other thread.

• Like 2

I suggest all the hard work David48 put into setting this guide up for members to get info from, gets left at that, clutter free from members wanting questions answered.

Start your own thread.

Mods feel free to delete this post if your cleaning it up.

Edited by krisb