Pao: Remarkable New Chinese Specialty Restaurant On Pattaya Klang

Jingthing

Even if I don't mind to go there and see it closed once more (managed to eat there only twice since they "exist") I do not feel like to deal with animals who cannot say hello or sorry.

This guys sent 2 messages here and was not even able to say hello or sorry once. I know that in the jungle where he comes from it is acceptable but it seems that he still have a lot to learn from foreigners if he want business with them !

You just called people animals. Sorry, that comes off as kind of racist talk to me. Why some people care so much about a restaurant they don't even eat at to launch such bilious personal attacks is just beyond bizarre.

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I am quite the odd one, but that's neither here nor there.

For those who want to enjoy eating at PAO, my understanding is they will be OPEN for business this week. As far as animals, I don't think that dogs or cats are welcome at the restaurant ... coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing

I have eaten at Pao on several occasions and found both duff and his wife (gf?) both to be very friendly. They are the only workers so they don't have the time to just sit down and chat as they are preparing the food and serving it when needed.

The food is excellent. I would eat there regularly but I live on the darkside and it's not convenient to go there and when I do and find it closed I get angry (mostly disappointed). So I have not been there since they closed down last year. If I do happen to be passing by hungry and see them open then I will certainly stop in for a meal.

I agree that they need regulars to survive and I would be one of those regulars but it's just not possible with the hours they keep.

I do wish them the best of luck and hope they chose to keep more consistent hours that I can then plan to come more regularly.

• 1 month later...

With Duff's (the owner's) permission and suggestion, anyone wishing to dine at Pao, should call ahead: PM me for his number if this is not permitted here. Thank you.

Edited by Rimmer
Not a good idea to put telephone numbers on the board

Thanks to Jingthing I discovered Pao and ate there twice before they closed for a long Songkran break. It's in my neighborhood, so I was pleased that they have re-opened. Stopped in for dinner last evening, a Friday, about 6:30. Ate leisurely, but I'm afraid that I was the only customer until I left around 8 pm. I'm worried that they won't last long at this rate. I will go back again soon, as I like the quiet atmosphere -- no music -- and the good food. The hot&sour soup (100 baht) was so tasty that I feared an onset of MSG allergy, but none came on thank goodness. The chicken curry with rice (120 baht) was a bit on the small side, but quite good, and I was satisfied without feeling stuffed.

I sure hope they survive. Chinese food lovers, please come now and help them out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ate there tonight after a long time off and man I enjoyed it so much. If it was more convenient to my location I'd eat there several days a week. Spent 300thb and left very much satisfied. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a quality meal.

It's about time you take a well deserved break..........

Now Open: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (29, 30, 31 May)

then shut for 2 months...

how they expecting to build up a regular client base when they close for long periods of time ??

Who said it was a business? How petty and provincial to think that.

Word is it's a conceptual art project with noodles and dark Chinese vinegar as media.

post-37101-0-16736400-1369808347_thumb.j

So many people so worried about this place's business prospects, and then where are you when you know they ARE open?

cowboy.gif All hat, no cattle.cowboy.gif

Speaking of which, those beef pies are totally DELISH!

There are thousands of boring old tediously "normal" businesses in town doing their thing. But one place goes for eccentric art-house-style opening times and some want to call in the Spanish Inquisition or the Calvinist Morality Police.

They've still got the BEST IN TOWN for some of their dishes, when they ARE open.

Edited by Jingthing

Who said it was a business? How petty and provincial to think that.

Word is it's a conceptual art project with noodles and dark Chinese vinegar as media.

attachicon.gifnoodlesandchinesevinegaroncardboardbox.200.000dollars.jpg

So many people so worried about this place's business prospects, and then where are you when you know they ARE open?

cowboy.gif All hat, no cattle.cowboy.gif

Speaking of which, those beef pies are totally DELISH!

There are thousands of boring old tediously "normal" businesses in town doing their thing. But one place goes for eccentric art-house-style opening times and some want to call in the Spanish Inquisition or the Calvinist Morality Police.

They've still got the BEST IN TOWN for some of their dishes, when they ARE open.

who said its a business ?? - well the owner actually, when we were in a few nights ago....

He asked me if i knew anyone who wanted to buy "the business" as a going concern ?

i told him a lot about selling a business involves good will - and shutting for long periods doesn't create good will - in fact quite the opposite.....

i wish him all the best,......

maybe it will re=open under new ownership as "my kitchen Jing" ??

The owner is obviously role playing. (Roll playing?rolleyes.gif ) He's an ACTOR. He's famous in Nova Scotia. Hip people KNOW that. That's part of the conceptual art project.

Some nights he's been known to do the chicken dance! (Luck of the draw.)

Way too sophisticated for this market, clearly!

The secret is out now:

PAO

Pattaya

ART

Organization

Edited by Jingthing

The owner is obviously role playing. (Roll playing?rolleyes.gif ) He's an ACTOR. He's famous in Nova Scotia. Hip people KNOW that. That's part of the conceptual art project.

Some nights he's been known to do the chicken dance! (Luck of the draw.)

Way too sophisticated for this market, clearly!

The secret is out now:

PAO

Pattaya

ART

Organization

i'll have a pint of whatever jingy is on.......

• Like 1

First of all ,I would like to takes this opportunity to say thankyou to all of my customers(old,new and someone think they're regulars)everytime you come,I am really appreciated and I will try my best to serve you a quality meal.

When I was opened, please enjoy My Kitchen's food. When I was closed,I don't think I will caused famine in Pattaya!

I am always welcome anyones to discuss My Kitchen's food.Someone told me how he is good in marketing skills and bra..bra..bra.. I am still a good listener!!!

BUT this is a noodle's project ,you got to follow the rules. @YOU BROKE THE RULES AS YOU GOT A BIG MOUTH@ Once again this is My Kitchen's business,I will manage by myself, thats why I will not teach you how you treat your gf better.

The secret is out now:

PAO

Pattaya

ART

Organization

• Like 1

First of all ,I would like to takes this opportunity to say thankyou to all of my customers(old,new and someone think they're regulars)everytime you come,I am really appreciated and I will try my best to serve you a quality meal.

When I was opened, please enjoy My Kitchen's food. When I was closed,I don't think I will caused famine in Pattaya!

I am always welcome anyones to discuss My Kitchen's food.Someone told me how he is good in marketing skills and bra..bra..bra.. I am still a good listener!!!

BUT this is a noodle's project ,you got to follow the rules. @YOU BROKE THE RULES AS YOU GOT A BIG MOUTH@ Once again this is My Kitchen's business,I will manage by myself, thats why I will not teach you how you treat your gf better.

The secret is out now:

PAO

Pattaya

ART

Organization

Huh?

Not sure of the gist of this post. Are you saying that you know how to run your business and don't need any advice? That you would like advice on Marketing, but no one has come up with concrete ideas? Or that we should just eat and not worry about whether you have customers or not?

Well somehow I thought Saturday was the last day for food and found myself quote disappointed when I show up and found that they are closed.

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Went past the place last night and there is a sign in the window saying it is closed now again until 30 June!blink.png

Passed the place several times in in the past couple of weeks and on virtually every night the place was totally empty with not a single customer. The one exception was one night when one table was occupied.

I really can't work these people out. If they likePattaya why not just come here for a holiday ? Having an entire restaurant to cater for a very few customers which is only open occasionally seems like a complete waste of time

Edited by Asiantravel