TAT To Unveil Miracle Thailand 2012 Campaign

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don`t know if the TAT truely realise that tourists have a wide and varied choice of worldwide destinations other than Thailand. They seem to have a `Holidaymakers go to Thailand and maybe one of our surrounding countries or stay at home` mentality. They seem not to understand there are other hot countries with beaches and friendly people out there.

• Like 1

They may be useful for grabbing attention. That's not a bad start. Potential visitors will then probably look for specifics related to their personal/family interests and enthusiasms. Koalas and trout farms would not resonate as an attraction with most Ozzies, for example. These days the adventure and environment/ecology/wilderness markets are huge. The law of marketing is generally differentiate, segment, and target, rather than a shotgun approach.

Are tourists actually influences by slogans?

They may be useful for grabbing attention. That's not a bad start. Potential visitors will then probably look for specifics related to their personal/family interests and enthusiasms. Koalas and trout farms would not resonate as an attraction with most Ozzies, for example. These days the adventure and environment/ecology/wilderness markets are huge. The law of marketing is generally differentiate, segment, and target, rather than a shotgun approach.

I wonder what would be an inspiring slogan for England, America or Australia, do we even have one?

Absolutely.

Malaysia, Truly Asia! being one of the better and cleverer ones.

Unfortunately Thailand doesn't scan to well phonetically.

Thailand, backhand (er)?????

Malaysia, Truly Asia! used to annoy me as a TV advert jingle for Malaysian Airlines, Particularly as it is not true and is also bad grammar. Three races and four religions living in disharmony.....but perhaps that is truly Asian!

• Like 2

The slogan is embarrassing. If they are going to use a corny, silly slogan at least make it grammatically correct.

Please enlighten us the undereducated with your pearls of wisdom or are you limited to knocking someone-eles ideas?(or only knocking ideas?)

Edited by mijan24

Absolutely.

Malaysia, Truly Asia! used to annoy me as a TV advert jingle for Malaysian Airlines, Particularly as it is not true and is also bad grammar. Three races and four religions living in disharmony.....but perhaps that is truly Asian!

Well, when they put it up with the video behind emphasising the diversity of what there is to do and the variety of cultures in Malaysia I though it made for a great bit advertising. It may have been annoying, but it was memorable.

Amazing, Thailand was a good campaign, but then I was already living here so can't gauge the outside reaction. But in all honesty, when you have a global reputation for whoring,scams, protests, army on the streets etc, and there appears to be no obvious change in that ;you can call the slogan whatever you want, you aren't likely to change the perception of an awful lot of people.

Right now, the weather in Chiangmai should be spectacular, warm and clear, except every tourist up there will remember it for smog. Put any slogan you like up there, it means nothing until REAL change is effected for the tourist sector.

Absolutely.

Well, when they put it up with the video behind emphasising the diversity of what there is to do and the variety of cultures in Malaysia I though it made for a great bit advertising. It may have been annoying, but it was memorable.

Amazing, Thailand was a good campaign, but then I was already living here so can't gauge the outside reaction. But in all honesty, when you have a global reputation for whoring,scams, protests, army on the streets etc, and there appears to be no obvious change in that ;you can call the slogan whatever you want, you aren't likely to change the perception of an awful lot of people.

Right now, the weather in Chiangmai should be spectacular, warm and clear, except every tourist up there will remember it for smog. Put any slogan you like up there, it means nothing until REAL change is effected for the tourist sector.

I liked "Amazing Thailand" , I was perpetually amazed how a beautiful country with everything going for it could be so thoroughly ruined by its culture and people.

• Like 1

The slogan is embarrassing. If they are going to use a corny, silly slogan at least make it grammatically correct.

Please enlighten us the undereducated with your pearls of wisdom or are you limited to knocking someone-eles ideas?(or only knocking ideas?)

Tell you what, you pay me 50% of what the genius that came up with Miracle Thailand got and I'll give you half a dozen slogans.

Deal?

Tell you what, you pay me 50% of what the genius that came up with Miracle Thailand got and I'll give you half a dozen slogans.

Deal?

From what you have posted so far there is no indication on your ability to improve on grammer or branding no deal at this stage unless you provide a sample of your wares.cowboy.gif

Deal?

From what you have posted so far there is no indication on your ability to improve on grammer or branding no deal at this stage unless you provide a sample of your wares.cowboy.gif

Oh dear, a grammEr snob..wai.gif

Deal?

Oh dear, a grammEr snob..wai.gif

TaH well said, giggle.gif or should that be said well!

Is the incorrect grammar intentional? Did their highly paid consultants know they could express the same message correctly with Miraculous Thailand but rejected it because they thought Miracle Thailand was a better branding message? Personally, I think both are crap. Maybe Miracle Thailand IS better though. At least is sounds somewhat like a marketing phrase. Miraculous Thailand impresses me as the name of a cheesy documentary about topics such as oddball Thai characters who tell fortunes with cockroaches ... that sort of thing.

Edited by Jingthing

it is correct,.....did'nt you know thais are always right ?.......not to mention their superb english skills

• Like 1

it is correct,.....did'nt you know thais are always right ?.......not to mention their superb english skills

Agree, but in marketing grammar often goes out the window - even from native speakers.

IF they did the testing of the slogan and know that it is effective with tourists, then so be it (that is a big 'if' and I wonder if they did). But a slogan alone doesn't make a marketing campaign. Let's see what else comes out of this.

Agree, but in marketing grammar often goes out the window - even from native speakers.

IF they did the testing of the slogan and know that it is effective with tourists, then so be it (that is a big 'if' and I wonder if they did). But a slogan alone doesn't make a marketing campaign. Let's see what else comes out of this.

Cant be any worse than the Aussie tourism slogan, "Where the bloody hell are you"'

Cant be any worse than the Aussie tourism slogan, "Where the bloody hell are you"'

wai.gifcowboy.gif Agreed & I am from Oz.clap2.gif Now for a coffee1.gif and a piece of Grammar pie with custard.

Whatever happened to the advert that was around about 6 months ago where they had a robot exiting a plane in Bangkok, and ever so gradually turned himself back into a human being having been rejuvenated by massages, beaches, beer, golf and no doubt a soapy massage in Thailand. I remember the guy looked like Adam Sandler.

That was a genuinely clever and memorable advert. Now Miracle Thailand, that must have taken all of 15 minutes to think up is the best they can come up with. Isn't there one international advertising agency in Bangkok, because I can't believe that Miracle Thailand wasn't thought up in the last 2 minutes of a committee meeting.