Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart dies at 43

News_Editor

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is the World News. No, it's not nice to dis the dead, but he is a apparently a public figure (I never heard of him), so it goes with the territory. Personally, it's his politics that should be discussed whether positive or negative.

Personal attacks on other posters is not acceptable.

Added: Another off-topic post deleted.

" “If the tapes come out, he died of a heart attack,” the caller said. “If the tapes don’t come out, they whacked him.”ph34r.png

http://www.wnd.com/2...t-assassinated/

As the old saying goes Midas ,"rule nothing in or out"

you can say that again Colin rolleyes.gif

Breitbart’s Footage Shows Obama ‘Palling Around’ With Terrorists

" Although Obama’s links with Bill Ayers and other radicals from the era has been well documented for years, after all it was Ayers who helped launch Obama’s political career, for him to be seen on video ‘palling’ around with terrorists who wanted to set up a brutal Communist dictatorship inside the United States would have represented a public relations nightmare going into the election."

and listen to the poignant audio of Michael Savage on this webpage...

http://theintelhub.c...ith-terrorists/

Edited by midas
  • Like 1

Maybe didn't kill anyone, but manipulated video tapes to misrepresent the truth...that's kind of like spinning lies...err, that is spinning lies. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Wasn't that the quote Bush couldn't get straight?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

It is the job of journalists to make sure the thing they put on air as news is in context, if they are going to call it news. A pundit posting exerts on his website has no such responsibility.

Well this is definitely on topic regarding whether its OK to deeply diss an unethical, dirty player right after they have died.

http://www.slate.com...his_death_.html

“Conventions around dead people are ridiculous. The world outlook is slightly improved with @AndrewBreitbart dead.”

Don't think too much JT.

Breitbart did damage to others when he was alive.

I didn't even know who he was til he died.

kd

"Breitbart did damage to others when he was alive" of course this could well be said of many who have exposed Corruption and wrong doings in "high places" world wide including here in Thailand who have lost their lives in a vain quest for the truth, I was not aware that this is somehow a crime !.

You only have to contact the ABC and review there IRAQ documentary to confirm how much Dick Cheney ripped off the American tax payers through Haliburton in Iraq for Billions !!! not millions ...billions !!

I cannot believe how this scum got away with it for so long.

Hope he goes duck hunting every weekend with his neighbour or his wheel chair helps launching at the boat ramp.

my opinion and that of millions of others.

IMO.jap.gif

You only have to contact the ABC and review there IRAQ documentary to confirm how much Dick Cheney ripped off the American tax payers through Haliburton in Iraq for Billions !!! not millions ...billions !!

Hope he goes duck hunting every weekend with his neighbour or his wheel chair helps launching at the boat ramp.

IMO.jap.gif

Post a link. Educate us all to your way of thinking.

Maybe didn't kill anyone, but manipulated video tapes to misrepresent the truth...that's kind of like spinning lies...err, that is spinning lies. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." Wasn't that the quote Bush couldn't get straight?

It is the job of journalists to make sure the thing they put on air as news is in context, if they are going to call it news. A pundit posting exerts on his website has no such responsibility.

Spot on.

IMO.jap.gif

Post a link. Educate us all to your way of thinking.

That's what the US tried to do for the world in VietNam.

He will be missed by conservatives.

Liberals will be happy and, as usual, misinformed.

Does it matter what the politicians feel.

Politicians serve the people.

God Save the King.

cheesy.gif

What world do you live in?

Interesting point of view.

Considering one of Breitbart's websites is Big Journalism, a website that claims to be an alternative to mainstream media - where do you draw the line between reporting and blogging? (same goes for Huffington Post etc.). I think that once you cross a certain threshold of public attention and also incorporate news stories on your website, you pretty much fall under the same category of expectations as mainstream media.

Big Journalism will be the go-to site for solidly backed-up stories...

http://www.mediaite.com/online/andrew-breitbart-launching-new-sites/

He will be missed by conservatives.

Liberals will be happy and, as usual, misinformed.

Does it matter what the politicians feel.

Politicians serve the people.

God Save the King.

cheesy.gif

What world do you live in?

Same one as you.

Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein exposed Watergate.

Dith Pran exposed the Killing Fields.

Brave heroic investigative journalists.

They were all applauded by Hollywood.

To Hollywoods credit.

Big difference between brave reporting and blogging.

Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein exposed Watergate.

Dith Pran exposed the Killing Fields.

Brave heroic investigative journalists.

They were all applauded by Hollywood.

To Hollywoods credit.

Big difference between brave reporting and blogging.

I didn't realize the internet was operational when Woodward exposed Watergate or Pran exposed the Killing Fields. Bloggers weren't exactly the flavor of the day back then.

Bye bye Brietbart ...

It is not nice to speak ill of the dead, my mother once told me. But it is okay, I think, to speak ill of those who praise the dead when the deceased was best known for sliming a well-intentioned and wholly commendable public servant or for exposing a politician who had already exposed himself.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/andrew-breitbart-a-bomb-thrower-without-ideas/2012/03/05/gIQAsOiYtR_story.html

• 1 month later...

Too bad he didn't expose the crass Bush/Cheany/Rumsfeld Coalition's massacre of millions of Iraqi's for no other reason than grabbing their oil industry.

Yeah sure, America really made out on the oil front in Iraq. rolleyes.gif

As usual,stuffed it up,was supposed to be all over in 3 weeks.Somebody forgot to tell the Iraqis,no plan b George,Dick and Don was there and tried to do it on the cheap.This war put USA where it is today.

Three pages of posts and all we have from his detractors is ad hominem attacks on the man, he didn't kill anyone and couldn't be given that wonderful euphemism 'freedom fighter', though I do believe it was freedom from oppression and the protection of freedom of speech that the man stood up for. Still in the absence of any defensible argument the far left chooses to resort to profaning the dead.

At least we still have Pat Condell. to point out some home truths the lib-left don't want to hear.

Hey Dan , Many on "the left" simply refuse point blank to watch Condell,s Video's ,I wonder why??

Because they're rubbish.

Three pages of posts and all we have from his detractors is ad hominem attacks on the man, he didn't kill anyone and couldn't be given that wonderful euphemism 'freedom fighter', though I do believe it was freedom from oppression and the protection of freedom of speech that the man stood up for. Still in the absence of any defensible argument the far left chooses to resort to profaning the dead.

At least we still have Pat Condell. to point out some home truths the lib-left don't want to hear.

Hey Dan , Many on "the left" simply refuse point blank to watch Condell,s Video's ,I wonder why??

Because they're rubbish.

How do ya know they are rubbish if you don't watch them?laugh.png