Does Your Thai Wife Do This...

connda

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actualy my wife and i speak to each other properly ,not in pidgeon english

That's impossible. You couldn't possible know pidgeon English as that is only spoken by the birds in Trafalgar Square in London.

Not entirely true. You've never seen me discussing things with the pidgeons on my balcony here in Chiang Mai. Or, the chickens and roosters out back of my hotel. They stand there cocking their head from side to side, and then coo a reply.

That's impossible. You couldn't possible know pidgeon English as that is only spoken by the birds in Trafalgar Square in London.

Do you mean Pidgin English?

My God some people are Pedantic.....

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

My God! Some people are humourless.......

Does your Thai wife do this?

Why yes she does, but only when she's with me.

But you have about 6, god l'm jealous. giggle.gif

Not entirely true. I'm down to only three now. It DOES take up most evenings of the week though. Thank gawd they all work in separate locations.

Does your Thai wife do this?

Why yes she does, but only when she's with me.

But you have about 6, god l'm jealous. giggle.gif

Not entirely true. I'm down to only three now. It DOES take up most evenings of the week though. Thank gawd they all work in separate locations.

Shit, three, still jealous. (well done). giggle.gif

Gosh, guys, have you ever actually thought of asking the little lady what's on her mind and then listening -- really listening? You know, a real live conversation?

For example, the OP could have gotten a conversation going by saying something like "yeah, it was a real bummer that I couldn't play Songkran last year. That dengue fever really hit me hard. I'm feeling great now and really looking foward to Songkran this year. What would you like to do for Songkran?"

All this heat, smoke and dusty air (at least up here in the north) probably got the lady thinking about how much she's looking forward to Songkran. Then she remembered how she didn't enjoy it last year, then she thought about why and then....... (clearly she forgot her thii rak was ill during the holiday)

• Like 1

Gosh, guys, have you ever actually thought of asking the little lady what's on her mind and then listening -- really listening? You know, a real live conversation?

For example, the OP could have gotten a conversation going by saying something like "yeah, it was a real bummer that I couldn't play Songkran last year. That dengue fever really hit me hard. I'm feeling great now and really looking foward to Songkran this year. What would you like to do for Songkran?"

All this heat, smoke and dusty air (at least up here in the north) probably got the lady thinking about how much she's looking forward to Songkran. Then she remembered how she didn't enjoy it last year, then she thought about why and then....... (clearly she forgot her thii rak was ill during the holiday)

Think you know nothing about Thai women. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Ah, yes... been through that a few times.

First time was scary - she hadn't been here long. Would up calling the Thai Welfare counsellor to try to find out if I had done something wrong that I wasn't aware of.

All good, just a weirdo mood swing.

Now I just ask how long it will keep going so I know how long I can have fun.

The thought of hubby having fun is usually enough to bring her back to reality.

• Like 1

I speak in proper English to her. She speaks what she speaks to me, usually minus English articles (a, an, the), mixed tenses, and misplaced adverbs and adjective. But I understand what she is saying, and I like the way she talks. Me? I don't do pidgeon, and I don't recommend that any English speaker do. It's makes one sound....I'm thinking of a word......Stupid! LOL

• Like 1

Well obviously I'm not a Thai woman, but I am friends with some. They aren't all that much different than western women of similar age, education and socio-economic class when it comes to interaction with men.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 1

That's some really great advice Nancy and that's just what I'd do if I was looking to solve that rare problem. Instead what i did was buy a place in the country , where I'd rather live anyway, and go there for a few days. I just wish she gave me more opportunities, but usually she come to see me. Little by little the countryside is starting to grow on her.

Well obviously I'm not a Thai woman, but I am friends with some. They aren't all that much different than western women of similar age, education and socio-economic class when it comes to interaction with men.

Think you are wrong, if a farang is ''married'' to one, l say again married to one, then one really can see the Thai way of thinking comes to the fore. Me, still don't understand stuff but have had a few farang wives where now l can see the difference cos my friends talk the same BUT thats half the fun.

Do you mean Pidgin English?

Da_m!!! My bad. Although I did speak pidgeon to the pigeons in Trafalgar Square whence I was I young lad during a Buckingham College field trip. Oh so many moons ago.

Why should a man "listen" when a woman shows abusive behaviour?

It's important to show her early in a relationship that abusive behaviour is not tolerated. And act accordingly if she still continues with such games.

It is recommended to show your ladies that we have a choice. That keeps them on the carpet.

Otherwise you end up as a pussy who "listens" and "apologizes for nothing".

• Like 2

hmmmmm.... So you are suggesting it is better to have a conversation with the person about what is wrong, rather than post the problem on TV , looking for answers here?

It's an out of the box suggestion, crazy enough that it might just work.

• Like 2

Apart from having been sold to men 20+ years older than them by their parents (sin-sot).

posted using galaxy tab

I know better than to try to converse once the wife is in "The Mood." I just keep it light, talk to her like normal, and wait for her to snap out of it. Anyway, I have a very good friend of mine from the US who is coming over with her husband for Songkran. She'll just put an arm around my wife and talk her into having fun, and that will be that. What I thought was interesting was after having a really nice day together, she went to the bathroom to shower and worked herself into "The Mood" about something that happened almost a year ago. An angel went into the shower and a mɛ̂ɛmót came out -- na-glua maak maak. It really confused that heck out of me, but I just kept a smile on and I'll let her work through whatever she needs to work through. I really am a pretty understanding guy.

• Like 1

I know better than to try to converse once the wife is in "The Mood." I just keep it light, talk to her like normal, and wait for her to snap out of it. Anyway, I have a very good friend of mine from the US who is coming over with her husband for Songkran. She'll just put an arm around my wife and talk her into having fun, and that will be that. What I thought was interesting was after having a really nice day together, she went to the bathroom to shower and worked herself into "The Mood" about something that happened almost a year ago. An angel went into the shower and a mɛ̂ɛmót came out -- na-glua maak maak. It really confused that heck out of me, but I just kept a smile on and I'll let her work through whatever she needs to work through. I really am a pretty understanding guy.

Me too. drunk.gif

Nancy, thanks for contributing, and as a woman we certainly appreciate a 'view from the other side' without trying to sound condasending ... But, and it's a big but ... you are thinking with logic.

Logicially when the fameous Thai Sulk is iniated one does try and genuinely open up the communication channels.

But to no avail.

Literally, not figuratively, literally they do not speak, not one one word, no utterance, not even a grunt ... silence, stone cold silence. I've had one last for over 24 hours ... and that, I have been informed is mild.

Edited by David48

Nancy, thanks for contributing, and as a woman we certainly appreciate a 'view from the other side' without trying to sound condasending ... But, and it's a big but ... you are thinking with logic.

Logicially when the fameous Thai Sulk is iniated one does try and genuinely open up the communication channels.

But to no avail.

Literally, not figuratively, literally they do not speak, not one one word, no utterance, not even a grunt ... silence, stone cold silence. I've had one last for over 24 hours ... and that, I have been informed is mild.

Rock On. drunk.gif

Why don't you try communicating with a similar tone of voice ,

" you no lose all year , me lose all time , me pay water money , you shower many many time , why you ab nam mak mak , you very bad heart , no more powder you take all " .

just say it with a smile .

<cringe> How . . . how . . . how . . .

My wife gives me the silent treatment when she's angry with me. Most of the time it is about something extremely petty such as my shirt being dirty rolleyes.gif . Seems to go away in about a day.

after she washed it?

WHAT! Yah mean we are SUPPOSED to interact with women? dam_n, maybe THAT'S the problem.

Tell her to pinch her nose, place her hand over her mouth.

Then cover her ears with your hands and tell her to stop being a daft cow....

When she asks you what you said, tell her that it must be in there rattling around somewhere as you blocked all the exits !!!

Tried that. angry.png

Just stuns me when these little episodes come out of the blue like this. Had it a few weeks ago;had a nice day out, back home and then out of the blue "blah blah blah blah you said blah blah blah blah I think blah blah blah" (I paraphrase of course) and then sulk lasting 2 days. I know easily how to bring her out of it but sometimes I just want the peace and quiet.

Does anyone else get the reverse though when the sulk starts without the preface, lasts 2 days, you are nonplussed and keep asking what's up to get the "nothing, I'm ok" answer only for 3-4 days later to suddenly out of knowhere get the reason dumped out at a most inconvenient time? I basically say "well thanks for sharing. Try telling me whats annoyed you in the same week as your actual sulk next time"

Edited by AdamBanks

This is all very interesting. So this only happens in marriages, not longer term gf/bf relationships?

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

Be safe and plant one every other day. cowboy.gif